Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke people. This thread speaks for itself. As we are not the biggest Forum around, but passionate nevertheless, I have lumped together all Youth National Teams together there are. PT is the Prospects Team and Young Orange is also known as U21, but that is not always the case as players that where 21 during qualification can also play the tournament while having surpassed the age of 21.

Here we can discuss youth tournaments, qualifications, etc. If there is massive response, we can start thinking about splitting the teams and give all age groups their own thread. However I think it won't go that fast.

Cheers.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Tonight starts under 17. Not on TV I think so it will be a stream for me.

[​IMG]

For central European time:

[​IMG]

1. Elton Acolatse (Ajax)

2. Djavan Anderson (Ajax)

3. Branco van den Boomen (Ajax)

4. Queensy Menig (Ajax)

5. Thom Haye (AZ)

6. Nick Olij (AZ)

7. Nathan Aké (Chelsea)

8. Tonny Trindade de Vilhena (Feyenoord/Excelsior)

9. Sandy Walsh (RC Genk)

10. Pascal Huser (SC Heerenveen/Emmen)

11. Wouter Marinus (SC Heerenveen/Emmen)

12. Joris Voest (allen sc Heerenveen/Emmen)

13. Riechedly Bazoer (PSV)

14. Jorrit Hendrix (PSV)

15. Rai Vloet (PSV)

16. Bram van Vlerken (allen PSV)

17. Mike Havekotte (FC Utrecht)

18. Jeroen Lumu (Willem II/ RKC)

Cheers.

PS Vilhena will be added later.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Villhena is still under 17?? Did not he play the U17 tournament the last time & star in it.

4. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DRB, do you have a working link for the game today? every thing i've found is for the Poland Belgium game...

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All I can find is a play by play on the UEFA Site We are up 2-0 near the end of the 1st half.

EDIT: start of the second half as they play 40 minute halves.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Game was supposed to be on Eurosport 2, but there's no broadcast due to bad weather so they're replaying games.

It's HT at the moment and Oranje are 2 - 0 ahead. Goals scored by Vloet and Lumu. Line-up is Olij, Anderson, Bazoer, Hendrix, Voest, Haye, Acolatse, Ake, Vloet, Lumu, Marinus.

Ajax B1/U17 won the Dutch title as probably already known. PSV player Rai Vloet who scored the 1st goal today was the competitions topscorer with 18 goals.

Oranje U17 coach since 2006 is Albert Stuivenberg. He took over from ex Ajax player Ruud Kaiser who went on to lead Chelsea's academy. Stuivenberg was once a Feyenoord youth product, but never made the 1st team due to a severe injury. Has worked at Feyenoords academy for 13 years.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands U17 played 0-0 against Belgium U17 this Monday

I had a stream with a game from the tournament on Eurosport 2, but the French were on against Georgia. Leave that to the French.

Anyway, this is the current situation:

[​IMG]

This is the situation in the other group:

[​IMG]

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I don't really expect much firework in the game against Poland. A draw will see both teams go through.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

This is the line up in the first half.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a horrible game. Borefest. No imagination. Nothing. Bad coaching also.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Passing around at the back for minutes, then a long ball, ball goes lost, Poland give it back, repeat.

14. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Van den BOOOOOOOOOMEN!

That is all I have to contribute for now.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rather boring match. Dutch seem content to just play keep away without really trying to attack.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch play to advance, not to play good football. If we lose this game, I don't care so much. I have not signed up for this ugly football and indeed, as the commentator said, cynical game play. I am going to blame the coach for the biggest part. If he wins another Euro, he will get a better job. Wrong reward system breeds wrong development.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DRB, I agree with you. The only thing this is worth is brushing up on my Polish (watching that stream). I wish the youth coaches would get it together that they need to play attacking football.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands top the group and will play a weaker openent. Poland will play strong Germany.

Horrible game, Vilhena was the only one who on ball showed something of quality. Rest was uninspiring.

19. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Youth Level should not be about winning

Anyway, U17 perfomances in the last 10 and 5 years. 1 points for the SF, 2 points for a final and 3 points for the winner.

Spain: 13
    Netherlands: (9-11)
    England: 8
    Germany: (7-9)
    France: 7
    Turkey: 5
    Portugal: 4
    Russia: 3
    Italy: 2
    Czech Republic: 2
    Georgia: (1-3)
    Poland: (1-3)
    Croatia: 1
    Belgium: 1
    Denmark: 1
    Austria: 1
    Switzerland: 1

Last 5 years (2008/2009/2010/2011/2012):

Netherlands: (7-9)
    Germany: (6-8)
    Spain: 5
    England: 4
    France: 3
    Turkey: 2
    Georgia: (1-3)
    Poland: (1-3)
    Italy: 1
    Switzerland: 1
    Denmark: 1

DRB300 repped this.
  20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Reminder:

[​IMG]

21. The aim for the Young Orange teams should be to prepare the youngsters for playing the Dutch style with the big team, not winning titles or even matches. But with increasing exposure through television and internet these guys are being targeted by fans and press when they loose a match. The problem is that with exposure people start bashing and arenot interested in the long term objectives as we used to have with youth teams.

DRB300 repped this.
  22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Stop complaining Fey! :laugh:

It's perfectly natural to play 0 - 0 in that game. They are in a tournament, everybody wants to go as far as possible when they've qualified for such a tournament no matter what age you're in. Have you never played yourself? We are all competitive. I'm not Stuivenberg's biggest fan, but the result might have more to do with the 22 players on the pitch rather than the coaches.

Dutch youth teams finally started to win something and we're still complaining? For them to be accustomed to winning such tournaments is a big help for the latter stages of their career, I don't see this as a negative thing or approach at all. Oranje still has a big influx of technically players, but what has changed is that they don't have to consider themselves less than the Spanish, French and Portuguese in their age brackets because as of right now the Dutch and German youth are starting to come out on top.

France and Spain had their success periods, now it's time for one of Holland or Germany. Let's hope it us rather than our neighbours.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Players selected for the U19 and espoirs teams. The U19s will play a qualifying tournament and the espoirs will play the Toulon tournament.

I'm looking forward to see more of Ilan Boccara from PSG and Bokata in the U19 squad. Boccara was born in France while Bokata made the move to Brugge via ADO and Westlandia.

Btw. How great does that U19 squad look? :cool: Wim van Zwam knows his stuff, I'm glad now that he turned Ajax Cape Town down even though I wasn't happy about it initially.

The Toulon Tournament squad doesn't look too shabby either. :)

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not anti winning and so can agree to some extend with HSS I think FSS is spot on. The mechanism is there and the cynical game against Poland left a bad taste in my mouth. I have called out the tendency to promote or perceive the winning youth coaches as the good ones, a wrong reward system in management circles around football. This TV exposure is certainly another force that puts the focus on winning rather than to play good football.