The Truth about the 2014 World Cup

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Fernando_Bayern_BR, Apr 25, 2013.

1. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Fernando. I got a question about Brazil. Do you think the disparity between white Brazilian and colored skin Brazilian has a big part to play in this protest?

2. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not at all ...

3. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the horse's mouth, Uncle Septic says, ""The aim of FIFA is not to take profit out of the country but to put into the country the necessary means and with other actions to make sure that this World Cup is a success," Blatter added.

"We have to work together to have a legacy for this World Cup, not only the stadia but a legacy for the environment and for the social part. For FIFA it is essential to have a successful World Cup because it's practically the only income of Fifa - 90 to 95 per cent - to develop the game around the world.

"At the end of South Africa, with all the success of the competition, we left a legacy a special fund of US$100m. I'm sure amounts like that or even higher would be possible here.

"You see the reaction of the government to change something. Something will be changed and then next year the World Cup will have a platform. It's a question of patience but also trust and confidence in the government and the LOC."

This is so out of touch. So he thinks just giving a special fund back will make things go away? Time to ramp up the protests to the next level.

terrypk1 repped this.
  4. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Meanwhile, The Swiss Ramble is laying out exactly how fat the cat's in FIFA grew from the last World Cup and how much it cost South Africa to fill the Blatter.

Billy South Philly repped this.
  5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.
    The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao, in Brazil, said in a statement that the horrific incident began when referee Otavio da Silva, 20, sent off 30-year-old Josenir Abreu.
    The two got into a fist fight, during which Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.
    The statement issued this week says Abreu’s friends and relatives immediately ‘rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body’.
    Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.
    Police have arrested one suspect after last weekend’s incident and are looking for two others.
    Spokesman Valter Costa was quoted as saying: ‘We will identify and hold accountable all those involved in this incident.
    ‘One crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not correspond with state law.’
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/07/fans-...en-behead-him-after-he-killed-player-3871792/

WTF

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been considering entering my name to follow the German NT in Brazil for the WC. Assuming I do win and get the 3 game plan(probably too broke to pay the hotel and flights for all 7), how easy will it be to go from town to town? Is flying the best option and how much should I anticipate those flights to be? Also for those who have already attended World Cups, how expensive will the hotel stays be for me? Will it be do-able for a college student who will be putting some change on the side little by little?

9. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #159 Billy South Philly, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    You really don't want to go to Brazil come June 2014. This is coming from a person who travels to Brazil at least once a year. There are going to be very few hotels in decent neighborhoods available and if they are available, you will get gouged. Of course there will be available cheap hotels in outer laying areas that are not quite easy to reach and not tourist friendly. I do not recommend staying in areas not favorable to tourists. You think you can just hop on a plane in Brazil and fly to the next destination like we do in America/ Europe? Wrong! It will be an absolute nightmare to fly in Brazil due to the lack of airport infrastructure. Just to put it into perspective. You will be flying into Sao Paulo's Guarulhos airport. That airport is comparable to the size of Spartanburg- Greenville SC airport. An airport in a city of 20 million people is the same as an airport in a city with 500k people. With the international traffic load spiking considerably, you will be lucky to find a plane that will fly you to...let's say Salvador da Bahia...and arrive on time. They just do not have the infrastructure to handle air traffic for this. You will pay dearly for it if you try to make a point to point travel schedule like we Americans do when we go to Europe.

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  11. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Word of advice from a friend: DO NOT COME TO BRAZIL FOR THE WORLD CUP !!!!!

It will be a mess !!! Seriously, just don't ... I'll do my best to not be on Brazil at the time. All the problems all brazilians know we have will surface for all the world to see and you can expect Heavy protests and manifestations, way worse than the confed cup ... This place will be a freakin warzone ...

Listen to Billy Souh Philly... Just don't come
    This ...

12. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatevs man, I'm still going. I respect your protests and completely with them......but I'm too much of a mindless drone to go when I'm at the peak of my youth. 9 years from now I will be in my mid 30's with the fantastic opportunity of going to....Qatar.

FCBM repped this.
  13. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, trust me... You have a major headache to book hostels or hotels, will have problems to move within the cities, as the public transportation is shit and will have another headache to go from city to city, especially if the cities of the games you want are far away, which is a great possibility...

If dispite all that + the possibility of getting mugged you still want to come, knock yourself out... Just don't say I didn't told you so ... ;)

humin12 repped this.
  14. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    @Fernando_Bayern_BR.
    First of all, I know you're a credible source and I understand what you're saying. My plan is, Bosnia & Herzegovina can advance and it's the first time in the history and I'd like to travel to Brazil to follow Bosnia & Herzegovina. I don't care about the price this time, I know it'll be that worth for any price, but I assume the problem in Brazil is more than just a problem and it'll be difficult to fix, the question is more - is there a chance to fix all this, I assume people won't travel to Brazil if they don't feel safe and comfortable with it.

15. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All the problems won't go again in one year, that's for sure...

The thing is, my city Belo Horizonte is the 3rd biggest city of Brazil, our stadium is among the ones that will host most games in the WC, including one semi final, and is simply chaotic to get to the stadium when Cruzeiro or Atletico are playing, as there are only 2 big avenues that go there and there are no subway. Imagine in the WC !! If you want to be on the stadium by the time the whistle is blown, go there with 6 hours in advance at least !!

The only city with a semi-decent public transportation is São Paulo, the others are either shit or pratically unexistant...

Accomodation ?? Well, in Brazil there are little to no Hostels. Damn, in Belo Horizonte, a huge city with 2.5 million people, there are 4 or 5 hostels ONLY !!!!! And as Billy South Pilly said it earlier, the situation with the Hotels are not so different from the hostels ...

And in Brazil people always take advantage of the situations !! You can expect an increase in the price of Hostels\Hotels come june 2014 ... I mean, in the beggining of 2012 I travelled t the north of Brazil to attend a music festival (that turned out to be a complete failure, but that's another history) and tried to book a hostel (only one in the city) in advance and they said that at the time they weren't accepting bookings for that period of time ...

A month later when I tried again, and the price for that specific weekend was up 30-40% ...
    That's Brazil my friends ! And I'm willing to bet the same will happen everywhere in the World cup ...

That's why whenever I meet someone or hear someone saying that they'll come to the world cup next year, I advice then against it ... ;)

16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's bullshit.

each city with a population of 1m > should have at least more than 20 hotels, especially a wealthy country like Brazil.

and since you are complaining about overcrowded cities, what about the smaller cities around the bigger ones?

17. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, there are Hotels, but not that many (decent hotels anyway), and Hostels are about 4 or 5, like I said ... Maybe you can find some hotels in nearby cities, but as the public transport is shitty, will be difficult to move around ...

18. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    FIFA would not give a country rights to the World Cup if it didnt have the proper Hotel accommodations , granted they will be grossly overpriced but that is true with most large sporting events , as for the airport discusiion i proved( on the bosnia forum) Brazil has over twice the passenger capacity over South Africa so that is a none issue , as for highways and roads I am not qualified to talk on that matter .

19. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    please stop discouraging people from going to the world cup , you are not helping anyone by doing this especially not the country of Brazil , if a couple Bosnians want to go spend half their life savings in Brazil watching their country in the World Cup for the first time , you should be happy , hell I wish the former Yugoslavia would host a major tournament

20. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sorry my friend, but no, we don't have proper Hotel accommodations for such events, and even thought they will be overpriced, there is a chance of people not finding a place to stay due to the lack of options, thats my point ...

Oh really, Brazil have twice the passenger capacity that of South Africa ??? Have you taken a look on how big Brazil are and how big South Africa are ?? The distance to cover is much bigger my friend, so is not that easy as you claim ...
    I telling the truth about what is going on in the country that will host the world cup ... If you rather live in fantasy world and not believe, that's on you ... ;)

21. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I respectfully disagree with your opinion ,but regardless I hope we can actual talk football one day

22. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, lets agree to disagree ... Nevertheless, we indeed should stop this "Social-economic" talk and stick to football ...

Cheers ...

FCBM repped this.
  23. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

It's Fernando. :D

Boandlkramer repped this.
  24. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet you my future children that WC2014 runs just as smoothly as every world cup before it and all this bullshit about congested roads and unfinished hotels will once again be rehashed for the next 13 world cups.

25. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I feel like there's always issues that are talked about and then it all works out