The Transfers' Discussion Thread : "Never Say Neymar"

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol yeah, but still.

2. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    IIRC, he started the 2010-11 season on a scoring tear.

3. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
  4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmmmm, personally I would take that with a huge pinch of salt. 60 million euros seems ridicelous to me, but I guess that is the norm in the insane, recession proof world of football. :cautious:

5. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tito said that there are about 40 0r 50 players with Javi Martinez's profile. So MD made a list of 50 possible players. I must say that there are some very interesting names. In my opinion we don't necessarily need another player that can play both DM(pivote) and CB if Jonathan and Sergi Roberto gets more chances this season, I believe they can do a good job.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120...tinez-mercado-fichajes-barca_54326995560.html

We are supposed to have another 26 million euros to spend, so we can forget about Yaya Toure for example even though he is on that list. Also Hummels, Kompany and maybe Vermaelen would cost more than 26M.

Mamadou Sakho is a very interesting name IMO. He is quick and strong and is also good with the ball, only 22 years old. With the players that PSG is bringing in it looks like he will end up on the bench and he said would like to leave if they sign another CB. Would be a big mistake by PSG to undervalue him now just because they want to bring in bigger names. Typical new rich behavior.

De Rossi did great at CB for Italy against Spain in that first game of the Euros. He is obviously a good midfielder also.

Agger is a good CV in my opinion, strong and tall and he is good with the ball

Dedé as I've mentioned a couple of times before. Potential to become one of the best CB's in the world.

From the experienced players mentioned I think Tymoschuk is the best option. I was really impressed with him last season. Plays both DM and CB with ease. From the midfielders mentioned I think Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse is a really interesting player.

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sakho is interesting, gotta admit. De Rossi obv as well, but that's never going to happen.

As for the "we don't necessarily need a new CB who can also play DM", I respectfully disagree: we're 100% fine in all the other positions and have some money to spend, why take a (big) risk of lacking depth?

7. Henke

Henke Member

Feb 25, 2008
    La Côte
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The local Sakho who is also the team Captain had already been unsettled prior to Silva's arrival and was vocal about it...I can only imagine his discontent now...Strange to imagine but I think they are going to have to move the Parisien...Knowing the player's character, he is not going to sit quietly

I think it would be a great addition even if it seems Carlo lost some confidence in him...That PSG side was painful overall to watch last season

And I would love Agger as well but I sincerely question whether the player is unhappy at Anfield...Unless he has Barcelona aspirations, he is a high character player with loyalty - doubt he's angling for a move

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agger is someone who would be a good signing, 1) because he is a good defender, 2) because he would be available for a reasonable price and 3) he is someone who could be available, has not been a regular in a struggling Liverpool team and might be looking to move on.

9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    No he's not (i used to watch him here when he still had some playing time in psg) and his reaction time is very slow too imo, i never understood the hype. But it's true he's strong and not bad with the ball and he might be good for you guys with barca's style of play.

10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Of course the best thing would be to get Javi Martinez. But if it isn't possible and Tito is planning to give playing time to Jonathan and Sergi Roberto, then I believe it's better to sign a great CB than player that is just OK on both positions.

We didn't lose much of a DM with Keita IMO, he usually played together with another DM and he was more of CM or box-to-box kind of player. When he played DM he was not that good IMO. So when Busquets needs to get a rest we can play Mascherano there without any problem if we sign another CB, or one of the youngsters if it's against a weak opponent.

Well I don't think he's slow. Maybe not super quick either, but probably quicker than both Pique and Fontas.

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed.

However, if we're signing a great CB, it's gonna not-much-less than Javi Martinez would cost. So might just go with Javi to get that double deal. I mean I think we can't underestimate the importance of depth in DM department either, and we shouldn't just cross fingers and hope Busquets just happens stay fit all the season again.

12. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona