The Transfers' Discussion Thread : "Never Say Neymar"

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As a human being Tevez is a scumbag, or if I was being generous, someone who has lost all touch with the real world and how ordinary people live their lives. Having said that, as a footballer you can't fault the bloke, gives everything on the pitch and has been brilliant for every club he has ever played for. If we could get him on loan it would be a brilliant coup. But don't think that is going to happen.

2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    what about bojan?:eek:

he hasn't exactly been setting serie-A alight, but he would fit into the team seamlessly from day1.

3. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008
    There's a reason for that, it's because he never set La Liga alight, Bojan's best for Barca was his breakout season, he has progressively become worse. Not needed am afraid.

4. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This.
    Bless Bojan for being a Cule to the core, but he is clearly not a Barca caliber player. And it's ok! Sergio Garcia was not, Marc Crosas, Giovani Dos Santos were not... it happens...

5. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You gotta at least allow that more injuries could still happen this season. I'll take Bojan back on the bench for the remainder. Shoot, Hleb too. :eek:

6. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Didn't Bojan actually stole Ibra's spot as games went on? Ibra was getting relegated to the bench more and more with time.

I think we should just give Tello more playing minutes, he changed the game completely vs Villareal. His speed is crazy. :eek:

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Get Bojan back:confused: Apart from the fact that is not going to happen, and no offence to intended to anyone, but I don't think what we need right now is a striker who never scores.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hell, let's go all in: Is Santi Ezquerro still active?

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jose Enrique looks in pretty good shape, lets get him back.:D

10. Don Nurilio

Don Nurilio Member

Sep 28, 2009
    E u r o p e
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rivaldo anyone? still active :D

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we're talking! So that's attack sorted out, for defense how about that Henry K guy down in Brazil... and that balding guy with the stubble on the sidelines in a sweater vest, he should wear a jersey underneath just in case. ;)

Bojan might not be able to score but he can at least pass. Adriano could go back to defending.

12. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys, we just missed out on Maxi Lopez who just signed a loan deal with AC Milan...

(I would like to see Lucho's reaction to this 'suggestion' ;) )

13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Defense? I heard about a guy from Eastern Europe who has a bit of La Liga experience. I think he's called Chigsticky, or Chrigstinky, something like that. Possible long term replacement for Puyol if you ask me.

14. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All very well joking guys but basically we are screwed !

7 points behind Madrid , two extra meaningless Copa games , of our remaining games we have to play 2 more away matches than them . We have only 12 fit first team players for tonight's game ... Players dropping like flies , players off form ....

Whats with the thread title incidentally ?

Gerry Armstrong said on SkySports the other night that we'd blown our funds on Neymar .... have we bought him or what ??

15. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
  16. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    He would be incredibly expensive. Villa will come back in the near future so theres no need really

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re Van Persie, I'm not sure I'd want him around. The team is already struggling enough with injured players and I can just imagine the number of games Rockin' Robin would miss due to migraines caused by the Camp Nou crowd noise that prevents him from hearing the referee's whistle.

18. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know you guys were in denial over that

19. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    RVP is a great player and his injuries seem to be reducing, I would welcome him. Saying that, we have Villa, Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Cuenca, Tello and might get Neymar. There is no room for him. A defender and a second keeper are more important IMO.

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We don't doubt that he gets migraines. I'm just saying that if he did arrive at Barca because wanted to play for a club that actually wins trophies I don't want to see a situation where he scores a goal from an offside position, runs off to celebrate and is then booked because he played on after the ref blew for offside. What a way to get your fifth booking and be suspended for El Clasico the following week. :mad: Thanks but no thanks.

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    RVP or Neymar? I'd go with Neymar. He is 19, RVP is 28. How much would I pay for Neymar? Not so much that it would risk the scoop of quality def (which is a higher priority) in the summer that a scorer. Neymar is a very risky move for any club though as the player is under huge/impossible expectations, somewhat overhyped and will be expensive.

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    hm that's a tough one. i think we could probably do with another left-footed goal scorer, whereas neymar might be to similar to what we've already got.
    RVP would be amazing as backup for messi.

pep and zubi are going to have some very difficult decisions to make this summer with villa and afellay returning. do we really need attacking reinforcements with them back? or has this season taught us a lesson about having more quality depth?

gotta say tello looked kind of exciting last night, not bad for his league debut.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    RVP will be 29 in the summer. Barca shouldn't even be considering him IMO. Strikers usually drop in quality considerably around their 30th birthday. Didn't they learn their lesson with Villa? Even though RVP is awesome now (better than CR7 even), given his injury history and age, its very possible he won't even be a top striker in 2 years time. And of course he would have $0 re-sale value.

Neymar is not a huge gamble. At least not in the long-term. Even if he disappoints you can always re-sell him at the same price or higher in 3 or 4 years. That said, do we really want yet another diving cheat on the field for the many clasicos that will take place over the next several years?

24. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How is it that a 20 years old Neymar would cost less than what we could get from a sale if he plays 3 or 4 in a disappointing way?

Also, "another diving cheat"? I didn't know Barca is full of them.

(agreed what u said about RVP though)

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Because he will be a bigger name globally. So they'll be some dumb, rich owner in England willing to pay. Look at Robinho. His price almost doubled after 3-4 disappointing years in Madrid.