The "Totally More Random Comments, Questions, and Thoughts" Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done, la

2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I'm really hoping to motive several of my friends as well who have all the standard complaints - travel too much, too may work events, not enough time to exercise, or that do exercise but claim no results.

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1003 liverbird, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Tell them there are four things that will kill you early, well except accidents, and three of them can be rendered much less likely by good eating and exercise -- heart disease, stroke and diabetes. The other is cancer which is more of a crap shoot with genetics and the environment. But even there the odds get longer for getting many cancers with good diet and exercise. I wish I had started twenty years earlier.

4. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I've been looking at these - well, thinking about them...do you think one could start at the X3 level, and get results, or do you think you need to start from the original?

You are motivating me...

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can definitely start at the X3 level - they actually formulated it to be a stand alone - ie if you didn't do X or X2 you aren't precluded from X3. They also show how to modify moves so that even if you are a beginner you can work along but at your own pace. X3 is also good because it requires the least equipment - just a pull up bar and dumbbells OR get resistance bands that will do the job (can be adapted to do pull up/downs and curls - they also show you how to use them during the exercises). You also get a nutrition guide which can really help if you are doing everything from scratch. Biggest part of this and any workout - stick with it. Or as someone said "it's only 90 days!" My friend in the neighborhood that got it after I spoke with him has dropped 18lbs so far (he's about 4 days ahead of me).

6. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great! - Thanks...did you pick your up through the internet/on-line, or where?