The "Thoughts That Don't Require Their Own Thread" Thread IV

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We just got two new Jersey's last year.

2. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

3. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Unintelligent post.

4. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Ugh. I grew up there. One is enough.

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah? What exit? Near the mall?

6. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    160!

And of course near the mawl! New Jershjjjy is crawlin' with mawls. There was one right down shtreet. Garden State Plaza.

7. KHANINHO

KHANINHO Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    And your post positively reverberated with erudition. Upset that I'm hinting for a change in yet another sacred Revs "tradition"? Or still bummed that I dissed your 90s WBCN music? My most sincere apologies are certainly in order for stepping on the toes of one of the 30 losers left that think "everything's going just fine!" with this organization.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an FYI ... there is no jersey release this year. Most of us have known about this for a long time, as the Revs have already announced that there will be a new jersey next year (road I believe), then a home one in 2015, then road again in '16, etc.

Crooked repped this.
  9. KHANINHO

KHANINHO Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Oh, I'm aware (and have been for some time)--just think that it's unfortunate (and have for some time). With a new road jersey coming next year, best case scenario for a real legitimate design overhaul would be in 2015. To be clear, I thought the most recent generation of kit changes were incremental--at best--and boring/apathetic--at worst.

To be fair to the Revs, many of the new league jerseys seem to be trending along this incremental/boring axis. It's a failure of imagination. I wonder how much blame should be shouldered by Adidas--consistently the least appealing of the major brands in the realm of world football kits.

10. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.) Adidas designs the jerseys, although teams can have some input
    2.) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like most MLS uniforms. I'm also a fan of Schalke's kits, designed by Adidas.

11. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's got nothing to do with it, bro. The Revs are on a different cycle right now in regards to jerseys changes, there are several other teams who won't be releasing new kits either. MLS/Adidas have changed the kits cycles starting next season so that every team releases at least one new kit year during Jersey Week. So IMO, blaming the Revs for something they have little to no control over is unintelligent. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The most ironic thing is that your criticizing me as being someone who thinks everything is going fine for this organization, when in reality I think everyone on this forum would categorize me as exactly the opposite. Unfortunately people like you who complain about everything, even the things that the organization has little to no control over, get grouped in with the reasonable, intelligent, but critical posters on this forum as "NNNs."

As for the current kits, I think most people really liked the new designs that launched last year. Embracing the New England flag was a nice touch, as was getting rid of the silver, Jr. Patriots look. I'm not sure what your beef is, but there's only so much they can do given Adidas involvement.

12. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the design of the present home kit. I think it will prove a classic.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He's a player that will play long into his years in Europe, unless you're offering a nice amount of change.

15. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Bengston being here def. gives us a leg up. If Wigan go down this year who knows, that move may be worth some speculation mid season. Andy Driver coming to MLS and Jerry staying in MLS despite his consistent and continued Olympic and National Team success make me consider that a lot more players may be looking to, or at least think about, joining MLS sides.

16. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    If FIFA 13 is anything to go by(and I see no reason not to rely 100% on it) the Revs are going to actually be incredibly fun this season. I don't know what it is, but the style of play is awesome with the current lineup. Toja absolutely dominates games at ACM. Bengtson and Sene make perfect runs off one another and Cisse Farrell and Goncalves can push everyone off the ball. So worst case scenario, if this doesn't translate to the field this season, I will at least be owning fools who play as NYRB, LA, or random 3 star Mexican clubs.

Revolution909 and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  17. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every year I get so pumped to see who in MLS was rated at 70 + overall. Not only is FIFA anything to go by, it's everything to go by.

Unfortunately you have to realize that when you are playing as the Revs, they are following your tactics, not Heaps'. So don't expect Heaps' "omelet" to rival your FIFA "omelet", to quote José Mourinho.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lolno. Maynor already has offers from all around the EPL tabled for him since his contract expires this summer and it seems he'll be leaving on free. West Ham already offering up the $$$$. MLS isn't a realistic destination for Figueroa. I doubt having Bengtson also helps lol.

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is why some Revs fans want "Dream On" as the anthem. Because ... they sure do dream a lot. :)

nsa and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  20. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My post was based purely on speculation. I didn't know that he was in such demand - but judging by your Country, signature, etc. you must follow Honduran players closely.

I would also assume that having Bengston would help the Revs sign Figueroa over a lower level European team, or an MLS team, with absolutely no Honduran connection, all money being equal.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think people assume he's not that good because he plays for Wigan and he's Honduran, but truth be told, he's a player anyone in the EPL would love to have, minus the big Arab Money teams. I don't expect him to leave the EPL any time soon.

Probably right on that Bengtson thing.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    it never hurts to dream :D

23. LD42

LD42 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Dot
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Anyone using Directv on here? I just threatened to leave Directv since my 2yrs contract is up and I was rewarded with 2013 MLS Direct Kick for free along with $20 off/month my current plan. Very satisfied. If anyone currently using Directv, it's worth to give them a call.

24. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nelson explains it all...

Now Playing:
    Disciplinary Committee: Primer to the Process
    Executive Vice President of Competition and Operations, Nelson Rodriguez, explains how the MLS Disciplinary Committee acts and operates.
    March 7, 2013
    MLSsoccer.com
    Video

Very interesting, and it sounds like there will be more to come throughout the season.

25. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution