The "Thoughts That Don't Require Their Own Thread" Thread III

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Right, but does that show that there were separate bidding procedures, or did CONCACAF schedule the 13 stadiums in that manner. What you posted doesn't show that there were separate bid procedures for the 9 group stage venues and the 4 knockout stage venues. Good try though.

Basically you guys want Gillette to tell CONCACAF to only be considered for the group stage, that's not Gillette's decision to make.

2. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm sorry man, but you make absolutely zero sense. I have no idea how the above statement proves your point in the sligthest. You're trying to tell me that they don't know where the quarters/semis/final will be hosted already? Just because they haven't announced it, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been decided. And as indicated above on the CONCACAF website, the bidding process was separate. Also, you're quoting an article from tropigol.com? I'm sorry, but I'd rather go by what the CONCACAF website indicated.

However, I want to get back to the main point of this discussion. Gillette Stadium has no scheduling conflicts during the group stage of this tournament and could have easily hosted games. We've always hosted group stage matches in the past, even with concerts and other events on the stadium schedule. The concerts at the end of July have no effect because CONCACAF had no intentions of giving us a quarterfinal/semifinal/final game in the first place. What is so hard to understand about this?

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I give up.

You're right. Kraft loves soccer, but we should never EVER ask him to spend some time paying attention the Revs. We should never actually comment about the Revs without getting your permission. You can ask all sorts of questions, and when you get answers, you'll ignore that and just move on to another topic. It's all about the money. Can't believe a moderator has a football user name. People shouldn't complain. There ... recap'd your posts for you.

Thread closed, way over 500 posts.

Kraft Out and RevsLiverpool repped this.