(THE SUN ARTICLE): "It's Time to Think About the End of Wenger"

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Jan 18, 2012.

1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "I love Arshavin as a man and as a player," Wenger said. "I don't think the fans were too much against him, it was more they wanted Chamberlain to stay on the pitch.

"I didn't take it as booing of Arshavin, I just thought they wanted to keep Chamberlain on the pitch, which we can understand."Paul Scholes has revealed he set the ball in motion with regard to his Manchester United comeback.

Im a fan of Wenger but wtf....

2. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm against Arshavin.

Dude is done.

3. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as much a c-nt as Nasri turned out to be. he miss him greatly

Theo has been shit for the majority of the season. Arshavin is shit.

I wish we had Nasri right now to add some quality out wide. The only quality we have out wide is Rosicky, Gervinho and Chamberlain, but Rosicky is more of a central player these days, Gervinho is in Africa and Chambo is young, unproven and not entirely match fit.

4. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nasri had 3 years at the club, and was only good for 4 months or so. It's the media who hype up his importance for us. Cesc was world class, like ******** was Nasri. :D

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    USED to love Arshavin, but now he is done.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Silva, rosicky is not quality lol

Gervinho needs to play wide right where he is effective, now we are out the top 4 we should go hell for leather and play theo up top with rvp and buy a proper left winger. The theo out wide right experiment has failed, he is actually a good finisher and needs a chance up top. We can rotate chambo with whoever we bring in and put theo wide right if needed.

If u look at united, they sit a lot deeper and their wingers generally defend well, we do the opposite and we havnt won anything in 6 years, they have won everything, and bar ronaldo, I would argue we have had as good squads over the years as them

7. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rosicky is good.

Nasri only being good for 4 months is stupid.

Nasri was borderline 'world class' for 4 months. He was good to decent the rest of the time. We have two guys who can't even be classified as decent at he moment. It's sad because I like Theo and I used to love Arshavin, but they have both been borderline terrible far too often this season.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    theo has been ok in doses

nasri literally did nothing apart from those few months silva, rarely a goal threat

man utd use generic wingers and get results, we use amc's out wide and win NOTHING

wenger hasn't learned either

9. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure the way you beat United is to play the way they do.

Fergie seems to have found a way to exploit our weaknesses and credit to him.

Emulating United isn't the answer.

Also, youre wrong about Nasri. I know he's a dickhead. I know he did us dirty. Don't let that cloud your memory. He was a good player.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    he was good, but no where near world class

and definitely noth worth 23 milly

11. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We'll agree to disagree. I think Nasri was so-so for much of time he was at us, and had four stellar months last season. his entire reputation as a player is based on those four months.

As for Theo, he's simply inconsistent. And Arshavin, he's a hunk of shit, Arsene sell him already. :D

12. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Worldclass is a broad definition. Nasri was very good for 4 months. Not worth £23 million though

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nasri had world class form but he wasn't world class.

And for most of his time at Arsenal he was painfully inconsistent. When the match got hard, Nasri hid.

Can we stop talking about Samir tho, except to make fun of him and City when it comes up?

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Tomas is solid, at times. He was inconsistent for BvB
    in the Bundesliga and for my money, overpaid and
    at 31 his best days are behind him.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nasri showed flashes of world class, creative brilliance, BUT would disappear
    all too often and not worth what we sold him for...good riddance.

16. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now he's good.

Important player to keep around.

end of.

17. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think nasri's arsenal experience basically showed

1) he is not a creative midfielder
    2) he is not quite a winger either
    3) however, if you allow him to run around up top and provide him opportunities to run at people, he can be devastating.

i believe nasri really is more of a forward than a midfielder, and not a wide forward either. if you look at his last goal for city, you see that he was inside the penalty area/on the boundary and received the ball centrally and scored a majestic goal.

he's done that for us many times and been outstanding.

if you tailor your team to him, he can be wonderful. but if you try to plug him into a "cesc" role or a "silva" role, he will be very hit and miss. he really shot himself in the foot by going to a team where he is unlikely to flourish.

this is just my opinion.

i also believe rosicky is really a great player to have. i've always said that this would be the year when we would see the real rosicky again. he's been dreadfully injured over the past two years and it takes time to get back to the old "normal." i think the only question with him is, how many games can he play? in order to play the sub role effectively, you have to be available for at least every other game.

18. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    His injury trouble really started in '08, so it's been quite a bit longer than two years!

19. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was quite good yesterday. Had the assist for Theo's goal. Ran the show well from the deep end. His passing and decision making was very good in the second half. He is a player we need now with JFW out for the season.

20. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've been harsh on Rosicky, because I think a lot of times he has been shit. He's an intelligent player, though, and if he can get a bit of form back I think he could be useful.

Don't think he'll be chipping in with any goals anytime soon, though.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    he looked good vs a shit villa side, let's wait till he performs consistently

and he makes hleb look like pippo inzaghi in front of goal lol

2 people repped this.
  22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he was good against United too.

23. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we held the ball better against United than we did against Swansea when Rosicky only played the last 20 minutes or so. Of course, part of that might have been because SAF doesn't bother to try to move the ball through the middle against us when our flanks are so weak.

24. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here's a question for everyone: would you rather have an FA Cup championship or a top-four finish at the end of the season? Provided you can only have one.

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LMAO...outstanding. SUPER PIPPO!!