The Sporting Clube de Braga Thread [R] Leave your History at the door.

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by GoodDead, Jan 28, 2010.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    GREAT FIGHT AND SPIRIT MATHEUS!

No quit to win back a ball and hold on to it in the corner.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    3-1 Final

So Proud.

GUTS, HEART, DETERMINATION, TALENT all in the face of a Liga hell bent on stopping us. No ref favors, just the opposite. I dream of a ref that will call a game fairly but I expect at this point for these cheaters to do whatever they can for the team they give money to every year.

3. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You guys better win the League.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know. Sometimes I believe in the theories. Sometimes I don't. For Braga 3rd goal, while the game was already out of reach, Renteira would have had a foul called on his breakaway. He ran over the defender.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Except for the fact that he won the ball clean. They went shoulder to shoulder and the defender flopped. But you are right the ref was calling all kinds of nonsense vs us so that should of also been a foul. Meanwhile Alan gets hacked all game and Matheus gets a viscous trip on what would of been a break away with not even a foul being called.

A FK awarded as Aguiar stands 4 feet away from the attacker who gets sniped by the invisible man.

The calls were blatantly against Braga. It's not the first game whats so ever this year either.

Show me one game were Benfica is at the short end of the stick? There isn't one. But I can show you Rio Ave getting fouled in the box with no call. I can show you Setubal scoring a clean goal being called back. I can show you Maritimo getting a red for looking at the ref. Show me how a team starts 3 tunnel fights yet isn't penalized for any, but the others get suspended without concrete proof? You can't show me any of that but I can show you plenty of 2 PK's a game and 2 reds a game on top of non fouls being called in their favor while allowing absolute hacks to get a "play on" from the ref. All for a team that will gladly score as many as they can when they are already up 3-0 with a 2 man advantage.

It's all way too many and way too frequent to be coincidence.

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can't comment on the entire game. I was only able to see the 2nd half onwards.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Ya that cat is out of the bag. Benfica is paying off all the refs. They caught on to us. GD, you have been on this rant for years man. Your team won. Congrats. Now stop bringing Benfica into every that happens to your team. It is one thing to say that there are refs that (unfortunately) favour certain teams, but it is another to accuse Benfica of cheating.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well maybe one day if a team gets all the calls in their favour including blatantly wrong ones over and over and your team is constantly screwed you will understand.

Until then welcome to the Braga thread, please post often

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I am aware that teams such as Benfica and Porto do seam to get the benefit of the doubt on calls over the smaller teams. I dont like it but do admit that does exist in our league. But to go from that to accusing Benfica of cheating is not fair. It is getting to the point that even on marginal calls Braga fans start to make the accusations. In ever game (even those that Benfica has nothing to do with) there are calls that can go either way.

10. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no. Porto will "deal" with them:p:rolleyes:

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just a correction they don't "seem" to get the benefit of the doubt they "do" get the benefit of the doubt. Even when there shouldn't be any question.

We have enough suspensions and incorrect calls to question, a lot of teams in the league do. More often then not it is vs the same team. A team that has benefited from "the benefit of the doubt" year after year. Sorry it's all too convenient. Show may a game where you lost points this year due to bad calls. I can show you games where you gained points due to bad calls.

Post often.

12. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Are you going to be like the sporting fans now? :p

Braga is pure ;)

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well at least braga and sporting fans are both supporters of fair play.

this bad season of Sporting's is just the calm before the storm. we are in the process of building a future dynasty that will paint the forthcoming decade Green, white, and black.

Braga is just keeping the seat up top warm, for the return of the REAL Sporting

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    It's nice to dream :D

15. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    :D:D Sacana

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga is pure and a true Global Brand. LOL

17. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    have u ever thought of creating a new Religion? The Sporting Lisbon 1:p.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Chocking isn't a religion ;)

19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting is more than a club, its a way of life.

20. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Anti-depressive pills included?

21. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    r u jking?:p

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another win for them today against a good Maritimo side. Luis Aguiar scored the winning goal in the 81st minute. They got a little lucky though...

23. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Having a goal in the 81st minute, that was supposed to not be valid, actually counted is more than just "a little lucky". A mistake by the ref, but I'll take the popular route here and call corruption. Down with the refs!!!! Salvador paid them!!!

24. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, the ball was completely out of play with that second goal. The linesman was right next to the play and didn't call it. Funny crap. Maritimo deserved the draw. Next game should be an awesome one between Porto and Braga. I just can't see Porto finishing in 3rd place, so they'll be motivated to get some revenge on Braga.....Nonetheless, Braga has a solid team and if they win the Liga, I wouldn't make any excuses or blame it on the refs.

25. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    personally i wouldn't mind if Porto were 2 win the game vs Braga with a controversial decision:p. then PDC would b the star of the game:D