The Sore Losers Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Revolt, Nov 8, 2012.

1. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I couldn't get past the varmint part. Every time I read that, an image of Yosemite Sam popped in my head

2. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

sedlie and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking about sore losers, went back to the PJMedias predictions. I still can't believe they were so engulfed in their delusion.
    These folks have built an alternate reality and really believed in it. It is fun to get back and read their predictions again but it is just mind boggling as well, how can people be so obtuse? I guess that is the price to pay for living in a bubble.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/election-predictions-from-pj-media-columnists/?singlepage=true

But despite the shellacking they have received, they are already back to their distortions and conspiracy theories, notably with the Petraeus resignation. These folks are batshit insane and are lost cause.

4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yosemite Sam's well-armed meltdowns are much more dignified than those of the Nuge.

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You think this was a shellacking? I don't. 50.5 to 47.9 when the best the Republicans could put forth was the only responsible candidate to emerge from their primaries seems like a win. But only a win. I still think Obama is a transcendant candidate with a get-out-the-vote machine that is unlike any we've seen before. Thanks to Republican gerrymandering, their going to own the House for a while and the Senate will be very much in play in 2 years. Maybe Obama's learned from 2 years ago, but he seemed particularly lackluster in helping in the midterms. If we think this is a shellacking, I think we're living in the bubble...

Edit: It really does make for some funny reading, though.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    332-206 is a shellacking any way you want to look at it.
    If you want to look at the Popular vote, when all is said and done,
    It may be closer to 51 - 47.

7. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    luftmensch and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  8. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Dammit!!!! I'm going to leave it here as a lesson to myself. Shouldn't pick up everything you find the street

Dr. Wankler and billreeves repped this.
  10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    OK, this isn't a sore loser, it's more like someone who is just nuts. This is the facebook status of the young (early 20s) woman who lives across the street.

11. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But see, the problem is that it's not entirely obvious that it's a parody. I would not at all be surprised if Palin announced for 2014.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    One advantage of twitter is that the originator of this post would've been limited to 140 characters worth of stupidity.

13. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Which is why blogs are a better source of schadenfreude.

http://davidteis.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/40/

14. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's a quality find there. I like his reasons why God let us elect Obama

1) It may be that God hates the Theology of Mormonism more than the ungodly lifestyle of the homosexual and the murder of unborn children. It was the worship of false god’s that brought every other form of wickedness to the nation of Israel. It was this false worship that brought the ultimate judgment of God on the nation of Israel and its ultimate demise.

2)America has drifted away from God and righteousness. It has become unholy, unrighteous, self-centered, materialistic, and is in rebellion to God. A nation that is impure at its heart needs a strong government to control it.

3) God let us know through this election that America is no longer a Christian nation.

edit: just saw the guy's a pastor, so that means he preaches the GOsPel lke this every Sunday.

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about 286 to 251? Is that a shellacking?

Because that is the margin that Bush defeated Kerry by with eerily similar numbers: 62,040,610 to 59,028,444 for Bush in 2004 as opposed to 61,805,535 to 58,576,098 so far in 2012.

The electoral college's winner take all system distorts the actual results of the vote. Yeah, it's the rule, and everyone knows what has to be done to win the presidency, but right now there are almost 59 million people who did not vote for Obama, and only the geekiest of wonks will give any thought to the EC in the next four years.

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poe's Law in action....

17. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After perusing many of these train wrecks, what is interesting is the shift from attacking solely "the government" to now directly attacking the American people. It's no longer just "the government" that is evil, unholy, etc., it is now the American people itself (except the wingnut's fellow ideological stablemates, natch). What's new is that this type of reaction used to happen only on the loony fringe but it has apparently made inroads into the mainstream Right here. Before Tuesday, the wingers couldn't bring themselves to openly attack their fellow citizens as opposed to their abstract concept of "the government". "The American People" was still a sacred cow and expressing disdain and hatred for it was taboo. That appears to be changing. Jonathan Haidt must be having a field day tracking all this.

18. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now there are two American publics. The makers and the takers.

19. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
  20. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rove tweeted that it's to early to call a win for the Aggies.

21. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Allen West still hasn't conceded his Congressional seat, although he lost by 2500 votes and 0.7 points -- too large a margin for a recall. He's threatening to sue, or pee in his pants, or throw a puppy in the ocean. Something like that.

23. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    You didn't hear, it was a massive nationwide conspiracy to keep "the troops" from voting. It's all over old white people Facebook anyway

24. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--