The Shinji Kagawa Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Cevno, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We've signed this guy right?

[​IMG]

Amdrag repped this.
  2. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    We don't need to have that on that flank. We can concentrate that onto the other flank and use kagawa as an extra playmaker closer to goal.

3. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For a real fluid system to be really effective, we will need more than one player who can attract players and make an individual run, Kagawa Welbeck Nani Rooney is very nice but it depends alot on Nani ability and performance, not saying wont work or wont be good.

4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wonder if Rooney is going to be our #9 next season. He is arguably our best at it and his connection to Valencia is potent.

5. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Excellent point. In fact, I'm convinced this is how we've chosen to approach replacing Berba in this manner with Kagawa. There aren't actually that many top class, available strikers this summer, who wouldn't be on some ridiculous wage (such as adebayor). Whether your in the Rooney is a 9/10/9.5 camp, he makes a pretty good case for being able to play either position at an A- level.

I think we genuinely go into this season looking at Rooney, Welbeck, Cheech and Kagawa as our four main forward options in any setup we may play, with at least 3 being able to reaosnably being able to fill more than 1 position in a fluid system.

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Most likely.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Welbeck can turn any defender in the game. I'm not saying he will do it routinely, but he's got the ability to go past players. Given his interplay with Rooney and Nani, add Shinji to that mix and all of them should see a tad more time/space if things work well.

If things don't we have a bench.

8. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True he can but this isnt his trait like its Nani and he doesnt get people attention to detail over it or beat players regularly with his dribbling or he is that kind of a normal thraet, nobody else in our team has Nani's ability, I dont rate Young's ability on the ball he is a much better final third player his overall game isnt there and Valencia is entirely different, Hazard or someone of that ilk would have given us that kind of option.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I understand that point. It is valid. I do think that you are underestimating Welbeck. Leave him isolated on a defender 1v1 3 or 4 times and once or twice he'll ghost past him. The difference between Danny and Nani is that following the first turn, Danny is going straight to goal and causing all kinds of havoc in ways that a more elaborate dribbler rarely does.

10. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i think when the dust settles, we'll still be playing the same ol' 4411, only with rooney up top and kagawa as the SS. my only issue is that this formation doesn't allow kagawa, rooney and welbeck to play together.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I expect at some point Fergie will experiment with playing Shinji deeper, next to Carrick. It wont likely work for every opponent, but there will be games in which it will be okay.

12. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    The current 4-4-1-1 normally included Valencia on the right and he can't be played as WF exchanging positions, but only as a RM. But Nani can play a RWF and that changes a lot in formation, especially when you have a left winger (Kagawa in a nominal position) who will interchange with others, making it 4-2-3-1.

johno repped this.
  13. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True but it looks like we were looking for another piece like Hazard so I am hoping we still are even if we dont bring any other attacking option in.

14. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    :confused:

------------------Rooney
    Welbeck---------Kagawa--------Nani
    --------------CM--------Carrick
    ABE*----------------------------------Jones
    -------------Vidic------------Rio
    --------------------De Gea

I challenge any team in the league to stop that.

*Anyone But Evra

15. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    welbeck
    rooney
    nani carrick kagawa valencia
    ... considering we had great success with a midfield of cleverley and ando at the start of last year, why not? i just don't know if kagawa can play in a 2 man midfield. not sure he ever has actually.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'd love for fergie to do that. i'm just not sure he's willing to go there. welbeck there would be deadly but fergie luuuv him some width.

17. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not seen him alot, but hope it works.

Apparently he's getting 7.

18. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The CM in this case is a bit like the typical "Magic happens here" block in engineering:

[​IMG]

Invincible and benni... repped this.
  19. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Also Jones at RB:confused:

MtP07 and benni... repped this.
  20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Problem? :sneaky:

21. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Yea.

He's ********ing awful.

cr7torossi and Invincible repped this.
  22. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I lol'd but ******** you.

23. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    the more i think about ferguson's comment that he's never played with a holding midfielder and the more it starts to make sense to me that he will just plug kagawa in a 2-man midfield with carrick.

benni... repped this.
  24. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol that magic midfielder....gotta be a combination of Keano, Robbo, and Scholes :D

25. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    can't wait for him to play LB :thumbsup: