The Science Thread!

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by bosna10, Oct 17, 2012.

1. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I heard there was some bitch that listened to her GPS when it told her to turn right and she drove into a lake and drowned.

2. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Holy crap.

3. Ruh7

Ruh7 Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hahaha damn

4. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So this debate took place today between Ken Ham and Bill Nye on creationism vs. evolution. It was all over the media. Here's the full debate. Some questioned whether it was a good idea to have this debate in the first place given that it gave some legitimacy to Ham's wild claims. But I think it's good. If it "converted" a few people to a more scientific outlook on life, then it's all worth it.

ABiH12 repped this.
  5. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    theres no need to determine that one is 100% right over the other perhaps science still has more to progress and perhaps we are evaluating religious texts incorrectly , the two could very well meet to one common point

6. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hams arguement is filled with fallacy's , slippery slope left and right

7. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lmfao did that debate really have to take 3 hrs??

it takes one minute proving evolution

8. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    the main basis of Ham's claim states that the earth is in fact only 4,000 years old

9. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    carbon dating proves otherwise

the argument shouldve finished there

108thLegendary repped this.
  10. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    exactly lol, I dont doubt gods word but i sure as hell doubt gods word as told interpreted and translated by humans multiple times

11. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If you wanna very fncking good laugh go look at the #creationdebate on twitter. Some people are absolutely shockingly stupid.

Bill Nye walked circles around a crazy person pretty much. Absolutely hilarious and you could see him growing more and more agitated that he had to explain obvious things.

DadoIsNumeroUno and trts repped this.
  12. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    its not even that it's blatantly obvious that he twists and chooses to believe certain things while ignoring others just to make his point true and or avoid falsification , bleh that is such a waste of science and funding , like Bill said we need to spend our time focusing on questions we dont know the answer to, not sit around and all try to prove that what a inpreted translated old book says is true

ABiH12 repped this.
  13. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    wow the length to which I'm ahead of the rest of the world (including you guys) when it comes to this shit is astonishing.. I say this while patting myself on the back

Sarajevsko Pivo repped this.
  14. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    based on your egotistical attitude not to mention extreme bouts of depression coupled with selective enthusiasm , I would say you are about 4 foot 11 inches and lack any hair on your chest

15. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Not when youre debating a crazy person.

Plus the whole point of a debate is rebuttals, counter rebuttals and main point/thesis

16. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Here we go Dado acting like hes the only person in the world with a functioning brain...

17. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I mentioned this a while ago...arguing with a very religious person is quite possible one of the most annoying things you could possibly do and its much better to just not bother with it.

Its no knock on religion. Everyone should believe what they want but some of them are just far too stubborn.

18. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I find hardcore Atheists far more annoying to be honest. I get the fact that science has basically wiped out any chance of any religion being true but stop being a dick about it lol.

Let people live their lifes how they want as long as they're not bothering anyone else.

DadoIsNumeroUno and ABiH12 repped this.
  19. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not about being a dick about it. It's about making sure that religious extremism doesn't infiltrate politics and doesn't determine the science curriculum in public schools. When it comes to the United States, and particularly Kentucky and other states in the South which is where the debate was held, that's exactly what's happening. When religion is limited to the private sphere, I have no problems with that. But when it's used to influence public policy, it should be confronted strongly. Bill Nye made sure to separate the communal aspects of religion, which arguably are noble, and the dangers when religion enters our schools.

20. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No, i meant like hardcore atheists in general. Those no lifes who dedicate an entire YT channel for their hatred towards religion. Same thing with religion extremists, i hate them too if not more.

DadoIsNumeroUno repped this.
  21. Ruh7

Ruh7 Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well we have the great ACLU to defend the rights of people who do not want religious curriculum taught at a public venue. I was super happy to see Satanists planning to put a figure of Satan in OKC.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...sign-oklahoma-state-capitol-article-1.1568893

22. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    lol all this debating reminds me of

23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Our teachers weren't allowed to teach us about evolution in my middle school science class(North Carolina)

24. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wow

25. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Atheism is actually a religion by definition ; any form of extremism is annoying , Bill Nye did admirably not to offend anyone