The Road to EURO 2012 Friendlies [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Obraniak will also stay in Lille...

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Piszczek will stay in Germany... Maybe he'll join NT for the game against Belarus... Wołąkiewicz for him.

3. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Excellent analysis.

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Łukasz Fabiański - Marcin Wasilewski, Damien Perquis, Grzegorz Wojtkowiak, Jakub Wawrzyniak - Jakub Błaszczykowski (kapitan), Eugen Polanski, Dariusz Dudka, Rafał Murawski, Maciej Rybus - Robert Lewandowski

Rybus instead of Peszko :confused:

5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  6. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Poland 2
    Belarus 0

Błaszczykowski (31.), Lewandowski (69.)

Fabiański
    Piszczek, Wasilewski, Perquis (79. Dudka), Wawrzyniak
    Polanski, Murawski (72. Jodłowiec)
    Błaszczykowski, Mierzejewski (60. Rybus), Peszko (88. Gol)
    Brożek (59. Lewandowski)

7. leszek-antonio

Mar 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Guys...what do you think about this whole Bartosz Salamon saga that has been going on for the last 2-3 weeks. This young 20 year old from Brescia (Italy Seria B) has been linked to such big clubs as Napoli, Inter, Palermo, Tottenham and also FC Barcelona. I have known about his talent for about 4-5 years now, and even at the age of 15 he was already considered as Poland's greatest talent for the future.

It actually looks like he could be a really, really good CM. I personally would like to see him called up for the Italy and Hungary matches in November. Do you think, that if its true he is doing so well in Italy, shouldn't he have a chance AT LEAST a reserve sport on the NT? I personally would test him again. He was called up last year against (USA and Ecuador). I think if we really want to surprise a team or two at Euro 2012, we have to give such young guys a chance. I am all up for young, motivated and talented players to represent us at Euro 2012. We could have a few really talented youngster in the Euro 2012 squad.... Szczesny, Lewy (still a youngster), Salamon.... and who knows maybe, maybe Pekalski. Before, WC 1974, Gorski had the balls to trust young talented players and insert them into the squad 5 minutes before kick-off. Such players like Zmuda and Szarmach for example became the stars of the World Cup.... and the next two as well. I think we should risk it again. At WC 02, 06 an EC 08, we didn't really trust young talents that much. We trusted burned out veterans who achieved their peak in the qualifing games.....and then couldn't cope with the pressure of re-producing their fine form from qualifing (ex. Swierczewski 02, Szymkowiak 06, Zurawski (always). Young players might not have this problem, since not much will be expected from them. And I always belive that the biggest weakness of Polish players is their "weak mentality."

It also helps (ALOT) if they are playing regular football and Bartosz is playing each week in Seria B. He is one of the leauge's best players and I cannot imagine Seria B being much different level from the Ekstra-klapa....

I say our Euro 2012 team should have 3 young, very promising players in the starting lineup. My picks would be Szczesny, Lewy and Salamon. This would also be fantastic for the team going into WC 2014 and beyond.

Should Bartosz Salamon be allowed to compete for say Rafal Murawski's/Eugen Polanski place at CM right now? Or at least for Adam Matuszczyk or Dariusz Dudka's reserve sport?? I think he should. He should be called up right away and tested again. It seems like he might have the potential to be a later addition to the Euro 2012 team.

8. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Has anyone actually seen this guy (Salamon) play recently, and this includes us here and scouts for the above mentioned top teams? It's not like you get to see Brescia and Foggia play on tv week in and week out. I wonder how much of this hype is legit and how much skillful work by his agents.

I heard of him as well - especially recently during the media blitz, but never saw him play...but if he has half the potential that the media say he has, then by all means, give him a chance in a couple of friendlies and if he works out call him up for the tournament. But then again this position especially come tournament time usually requires someone with maturity and experience, and we get that with our current contingent.

9. leszek-antonio

Mar 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    You are right about that. The CM position, does require maturity. But I think he could be a reserve player. Here is a video of him playing for Brescia. I found it on Weszlo website, titled: "Losy Krola Salamona" http://www.weszlo.com/news/8187-Losy_krola_Salamona

You can see his talent and skills (also his amazing physcial abilities). He deserves to be tested again.

10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Guys, wasn't Smuda talking that selection phase is over, there won't be any changes and he wants to concentrate on work with current group of 25 people? Still, he liked more a trip to Dortmund rather than Italy last week. Like he didn't know that Lewandowski and Piszczek are playing really well now...

11. leszek-antonio

Mar 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Yeah, typical Smuda. He should still be involved in selecting reserves and potential starting players for at last 2-3 positions.

The positions in question which could be filled up by a new talented player are:

LB
    CB (1)
    LM

So, not so many. But he should still be looking and trying. But he should also be "gel-ing' the 80 % which he already has now.

12. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Unfortunately those are the things that Smuda SHOULD do.

Code:
    Bramkarze: Wojciech Szczęsny, Łukasz Fabiański (obaj Arsenal Londyn);

Obrońcy: Arkadiusz Głowacki (Trabzonspor), Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht Bruksela),  Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Damien Perquis (Sochaux), Jakub  Wawrzyniak, Marcin Komorowski (obaj Legia Warszawa), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak  (Lech Poznań), Tomasz Jodłowiec (Polonia Warszawa);

Pomocnicy: Ludovic Obraniak (Lille), Dariusz Dudka (Auxerre), Adam  Matuszczyk, Sławomir Peszko (obaj FC Koeln), Eugen Polanski (FSV Mainz  05), Jakub Błaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adrian Mierzejewski  (Trabzonspor), Rafał Murawski (Lech Poznań), Maciej Rybus, Janusz Gol  (obaj Legia Warszawa);

Napastnicy: Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Paweł Brożek (Trabzonspor)
    This is what REALY DOES. Stubborn. Same thing for Grosicki. We won't see him during Euro. Unfortunately there will be Obraniak who scored last goal in past year...

13. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
  14. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [LINEUP-4-5-1]Lewandowski, Peszko, Błaszczykowski, Murawski, Obraniak, Polanski(sic!), Wawrzyniak, Perquis, Głowacki, Piszczek, Szczęsny[/LINEUP-4-5-1]
    Squad for tomorrow's game. I'd like to switch Obraniak for Lewandowski with Brożek on top but... well, nevermind. It won't happen (while it should).

Lineup for the first Euro 2012 game?

16. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Polanski instead of Dudka is a good call on Smuda's part, IMO. Replace "Warzywniak" with Boenisch, have in-form Jelen as an attacking super sub, and you have a very good Euro squad, certainly capable of advancing to the quarterfinals. Disagree with Lewandowski taking Obraniak's place, I think Ludovic has been mostly very good for our NT.

Sucks I have to travel tomorrow during match time. It's been a while since I've missed a NT game. And with the team that you posted, I think we have a really good chance of beating this Italian team, which is weak, their qualifying record against subpar opposition notwithstanding.

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Beonisch should be back into play after winter break in Bundesliga I hope. But if he'll be fit enough for Euro? I doubt that unfortunately. And for me Ludovic (who probably doesn't even know a single word in Polish) is useless. That's just personal opinion supported by bare numbers. Lewandowski has probably more assists (and many were spectacular world class level, for example last week's one) in Dortmund so far this season than Obraniak in his entire career. He played behind the striker earlier in Borussia. The other problem is Brożek's playing time in Trabzonspor but he's been good in NT lately I think.

18. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Didn't see the Italy match, but from what I've read Obraniak WAS useless. I just don't see Lewandowski performing well in that position, he didn't really get going in Germany until he was moved up, so why mess with it? Did Lewandowski play behind the striker in Lech?

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Lewandowski under Smuda in Lech (who earlier said 'Give me back money for the trip' when he went to watch him in Pruszków :D) played together with Hernan Rengifo arranged in two top formation. Rengifo's duties were similar to those which Lewandowski has now in Borussia. Hernan was strong in the air, he had to keep the ball upfront as was stronger physically than Lewandowski. So it was similar to playing behind a lone striker.

http://www.sport.pl/euro2012/1,1092...granica__Brozek__W_styczniu_moge_zmienic.html

Brożek also said he would like to play together with Leandowski as they're similar types of forwards who like combinational play. You want to download the game in HD ;)?

20. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Although this was the first NT game that I've missed in over 5 years, I guess, I will pass! I am now way beyond spending time analyzing losing matches.....I guess that's what happens when you have a job, a wife and kids. But thanks anyway!

BTW, I know now what your are saying about Lewandowski playing just below the striker, having watched Dortmund vs. Munich. The guy has much more technique and skill, and especially soccer "smarts" (not just finishing and pace, which I've alwyas known he had) that he has shown in NT games.

21. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Selection for the Portugal friendly:

Bramkarze: Wojciech Szczęsny, Łukasz Fabiański (obaj Arsenal Londyn)

Obrońcy: Łukasz, Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht Bruksela), Damien Perquis (FC Sochaux), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa), Marcin Kamiński, Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (obaj Lech Poznań), Tomasz Jodłowiec (Polonia Warszawa), Sebastian Boenisch (Werder Brema)

Pomocnicy: Eugen Polanski (FSV Mainz), Dariusz Dudka (AJ Auxerre), Adam Matuszczyk (Fortuna Duesseldorf), Adrian Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor), Jakub Błaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Kamil Grosicki (Sivasspor), Ludovic Obraniak (Girondins Bordeaux), Sebastian Mila (Śląsk Wrocław), Maciej Rybus (Legia Warszawa/Terek Grozny), Sławomir Peszko (FC Koeln)

Napastnicy: Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Ireneusz Jeleń (OSC Lille).

Looks like Smuda is giving Jelen a chance despite lack of playing time at Lille.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Grosicki finally there. Maybe Boenisch is a little disputable as he haven't played in competitive game for years and there's a big chance that he won't until May. Wow, Smuda called all the players I'd like to see there. Now it's only time for Brożek to show something in Scotland and that's the squad for Euro 2012 probably.

23. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I guess he gave Mila a call up to improve our set-pieces, esp. free kicks. Good to see Sebastian given another chance toward the end of his career.

24. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  25. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000