The Road to EURO 2012 Friendlies [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's pretty shameful
    might be a concern for Euro 2012

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good you jumped in, those wannabes need to get a beatdown.

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Norway 2/9

W. Szczęsny - Ł. Piszczek, A. Głowacki, K. Glik, D. Dudka - A. Matuszczyk, R. Murawski - J. Błaszczykowski, R. Lewandowski, L. Obraniak - I. Jeleń (64. Grosicki)

Lewandowski with a goal in the 19th

4. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Final 1-0

W. Szczęsny - Ł. Piszczek, A. Głowacki, K. Glik, D. Dudka - A. Matuszczyk (90. J. Gol), R. Murawski (88. Krychowiak) - J. Błaszczykowski, R. Lewandowski, L. Obraniak (79. Guerreiro) - I. Jeleń (64. Grosicki)

R. Lewandowski, goal (19.)
    Obraniak, yellow

. Knudsen - H. Hauger (45. Yttergard Jenssen), K. Waehler (59. V. Demidov), B. Hangeland, J. A. Riise - M. Pedersen (87. P. Vaagan Moen), J. Carew (59. M. Abdellaoue), E.Ruud, A. Tettej (45. B. Riise) - Ch. Grindheim, E. Huseklepp

5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    game against France today... anyone care?

6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Full stadium tonight at least after protest in Sunday. I'm quite surprised by the fact that main TV channels are talking about this game in almost every hour (but they never say it loud that the game against France - now against Ligue 1 stars - should be in Gdańsk not on Łazienkowska which is nice stadium btw as I even was there few times). Never seen it in Poland. Euro is starting to scare me.

7. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i care but with the way the team has been recently playing i can't imagine a good result against France. France seems to be finding their way while Poland has no structure. I wish them the best but we'll see how they come out to play.

Im struggling to figure out what the real issue is with the team. Coaching? players being lazy? i dont know

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    This team has 3 Germany Champions, 1 Champion of France and vice of Turkey. Not to add GKs. A quality never seen in NT for ages. What do You think could be a problem? Most probable cause should be an incompetent coach I think. Lewandowski said something similar (that they were playing out of their positions and didn't even knew what to do on the pitch) but he was taken down fast by Smuda :) That's the main problem. Some Poles could of course say it's because Chinese Covec which can't build 50 km of Autobahn near Warsaw (some people really think that this 'megalopolis' is capital city of Europe or World, not only one of four cities where the games will be played) but they're wrong I think.

9. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  12. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Szczęsny
    Piszczek, Wojtkowiak, Jodłowiec, Wawrzyniak
    Murawski, Dudka
    Błaszczykowski, Obraniak, Mierzejewski
    Lewandowski

Carrasso
    Evra, Abidal, Kaboul, Sagna
    Martin, Diarra, Cabaye
    Valbuena, Hoarau, N'Zogbia

13. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Jodłowiec owngoal in the 12 min

14. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    and it ends 0-1 to France

Szczęsny - Piszczek, Wojtkowiak, Jodłowiec, Wawrzyniak - Murawski, Dudka - Błaszczykowski (87. Brożek), Obraniak, Mierzejewski (79. Matuszczyk) - Lewandowski

15. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Not bad, not great. I thought we played well when on and off the ball, but the lack of finishing showed in the final score. We didn't even have a clear shot on goal in the first half, and that's despite playing well up to the final 3/4 of the pitch. I think we need someone to help Lewandowski up front (Jelen, Brozek?), and need to shore up central defense (I know, that's a given). Over all, it seems that Smuda's plan is slowly starting to come together...respect the ball, keep possession as long as you can, then be aggressive after you lose it. I am happier now than I have been in the last year or so. Lots of work remains, however.

France played well, though. Blanc is is a hell of a coach and motivator. That team will go far.

And I agree with Majster, man-wise, and on paper this team is the best we've had, if not better, since Engel's team in Japan/Korea. Let's hope that unlike Englel he knows what he is doing. I am planning to give him the benefit of the doubt until the tournament. Still I don't understand why no subs or change in formation once it became apparent that we can't finish.....but I guess he knows his men better than I do.

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Look from another perspective: http://www.weszlo.com/news/7187
    The title says: Masquerader fawns, coach drools. Prejudged...
    And first sentence: It's probably inevitable - another 'painted fox' will play for Polish National Team, next masquerader who remembered about our NT when he read where the next Euro will take place.
    That 'painted fox' is how Smuda called players who are playing for another country instead of their homeland (he first used it about Podolski if I remeber it well) before he was selected for NT coach post. Just to clear things up if anyone didn't know about it.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, somehow I can understand pretty well what you mean.

But let's be honest, Smuda would have never called him if Eugen didn't play such a great BL season. And if he calls him resp. if the Polish football associaton is really interested in him, why should he say "NO"?

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Actually, it was Eugen who contacted Smuda again. And it was Eugen who refused Smuda's proposition first (in April last year)
    The whole buzz was created because of those words. And Polish NT fans are tired of players who barely can say 'good morning' in Polish and singing Polish anthem is too hard for them too.

20. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I have no problem with Polanski. He was born in Poland after all; I'd much rather see a Polish-born guy who feels German in our team than someone like Arboleda, whose only ties to Poland are that he plays for a Polish club...and although Polanski had made it well known long time ago that he would much rather play for Germany than for Poland he also had an agreement with Smuda that he would let him know at least one year before the Euros whether he would make himself available for Poland or not. And he made good on that agreement, whatever his reasons were.

Besides Polanski being a decent player there is nothing wrong with FINALLY getting at least a couple of Polish born guys who grew up in Germany to play for Poland. I know that Boenish and Polanski are not at the level of Klose, Podolski and even Trochowski, but its a start, and hopefully a sign of a major reversal.

21. CelphTitled

CelphTitled New Member

May 14, 2011
    California
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We might play a friendly with you guys on September the 2nd.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Yep, in Warsaw on Legia's new stadium Łazienkowska 3 (or the so-called Pepsi Arena ;)).

23. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    good

Mexico is a fine team and will be a tough game, and i'm tired of playing the US all the time

1 person likes this.
  24. leszek-antonio

Mar 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    If I was Smuda, I would play like this: 3-5-1-1

(GOAL) Szczesny
    (DEFENSE) Piszczek, Perquis, Boesnich
    (MIDFIELD-Defensive) Krychowiak, Polanski, Matuszczak
    (MIDFIELD-Wings) Kuba, Obraniak
    (MIDFIELD/ATTACK) Lewy
    (ATTACK)- Jelen

WHY??? We all know Poland isn't Brazil, nor Germany, nor even Croatia, based on technical ability. Therefore, we should concentrate at what we are good at. Taking the ball away from the oposition (3 sold defensive midfielders) and playing it to the attackers on a "kontra." We should use the speed up front which we have (Jelen, Lewy) Why only 3 defenders??? Are you crazy?? Well, to make a horrible defense better, take away 1(one) of the defenders and its... less horrible. More seriously, we should stop the opposition a little earier, with 3 DM playing "almost" like defenders, and covering Piszczek and Boesnich, when they attack. Chile plays similar. They did well with that style.

I think that would be the optimal tactics for Polska. Use our speed up front and strong tackling in the middle. This is how Poland played even in the golden 1970's. Ofcourse, with much better players.

25. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You should prepare yourself before writing about 3-5-1-1. The only things in this lineup I could agree with you are Perquis and two forwards. Learn some basics about the system and you'll quickly know where you made mistakes :) Do I have to point those?