The Road to EURO 2012 Friendlies [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jul 23, 2010.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    did not see it, but from what I read they did ok in the second half (helps to have a man advantage)

to be honest if we loose every single game now to the EURO2012 and somehow manage to advance from group play, I'll be happy...

2. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly, they looked really good all match in all aspects except finishing. they controlled the run of play, they created plenty of chances, they simply couldn't finish. Australia winning 2-1 was not what happened in the run of play, in my opinion. Aussies should be thankful, regardless it was an entertaining match. from the opening minute, to the last minute, and everywhere in between, poland created chances. it was a match that left the feeling of optimism

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

don't go there, that ways lies the way to the dark side!

1 person likes this.
  4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly, Kuba and Boenisch looked really good out there. So much so that Smuda had Kuba play on the left flank for a bit, to try and build some chemistry, unfortunately Kuba's left foot is useless so he eventually returned to the right side :p Kuba had a solid chance or two and missed, Rewandowski missed a pk and had a couple chances, Smolarek missed 2 really good chances, the list goes on and on. the stream i had online was apparently the aussie feed, and even their commentators were talking about how good poland looked, and if the aussies were able to sneak out a victory, it would be merely a confidence booster with a ton of things to improve upon. if you do watch a replay of it, i think you will be pretty happy with the way poland looked, outside of all the blown chances in the final third. but like i side, for poland, kuba and boenisch were by far the best on the pitch, either side

1 person likes this.
  5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    it does sound like there's something there to build on

thanks for the report

6. dima59

dima59 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Club:
    Wisla Kraków SSA
    I need contact with somebody in Chicago responsible for Polish sections and tickets distribution. Next good news Team B ( under -23 ) and some players from the first team will be in USA in February for international tournament 9 days.
    So far I have confirmed ten teams Poland , Iraq , Nigeria,Malaysia,Mexico , Egypt, Bosnia and Herzegovina , Kenya , Bahrain , Lebanon.

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am from Chicago :p

what specifically would you like to know about the sections and the ticket distribution? if i do not answer your questions since i am from there, i know the people to talk to so you get your answers. so shoot them out whenever you have the chance

also, with your u-23 comment... i think you should separate your comments so there is no confusion, because if i recall correctly... there is no u-23 tournament IN Chicago anytime soon :cool:

na zdrowie

8. dima59

dima59 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Club:
    Wisla Kraków SSA
    Thanks I will send You PM
    Regarding U-23 , it will take place in Detroit in Dallas and may be one game in Chicago

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the squad for the trip to North America has been announced, it should be a pretty solid side so I am happy to see this

GOALKEEPERS (3): Artur Boruc (AC Fiorentina), Grzegorz Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Białystok), Przemysław Tytoń (Roda JC Kerkrade)

DEFENDERS (7): Kamil Glik (Palermo), Łukasz Mierzejewski (Cracovia Kraków), Dariusz Pietrasiak (Polonia Warszawa), Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznań), Hubert Wołąkiewicz (Lechia Gdańsk), Michał Żewłakow (Ankaragucu)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Jakub Błaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Grzegorz Bonin (Górnik Zabrze), Radosław Majewski (Nottingham Forest), Adam Matuszczyk (1 FC Koeln), Adrian Mierzejewski (Polonia Warszawa), Rafał Murawski (Rubin Kazań), Ludovic Obraniak (Lille OSC), Bartosz Salamon (US Foggia)

FORWARDS (5): Kamil Grosicki (Jagiellonia Białystok), Ireneusz Jeleń (AJ Auxerre), Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Andrzej Niedzielan (Korona Kielce), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Polonia Warszawa)

10. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
  11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    What for? They wouldn't have excuses after the game that somebody haven't played well (like he's supposed to play in the eyes of many though he never performed well). And be our best defender You mean Boenish I assume?

12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really impressed with the Polish team.

13. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    still lots of work to be done, especially in defense... but they did look better today then they have for a long time

14. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the game. Poland I thought had more of the possesion.
    Although I'm a US fan I must say Poland has a lot of very good looking, young female fans.

15. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    so what are doing home so early? :D

16. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm old and married.:D

17. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    the judges would have accepted either one of those answers... but bonus points for both!

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the weird thing about it was, there weren't any fights or scuffles between USA and Poland fans... they were all between Polish fans, whether they made the trip overseas or not, there were the fights and scuffles between clubs for Poland. it made next to no sense to me, and i am sort of curious to see if this kind of shit happens for national team matches for poland in poland. how it is the country's national team, thus the differences should be put aside and them united, but instead they fight anyways, it is easily one of the most retarded things i have ever seen. seeing wisla people fight cracovia, and some other clubs got into it with each other. the romanticism for hooliganism is ridiculous considering the consequences of all parties involved, and that is before any legal aspects or ramifications occur. if you enjoy fighting or hurting someone, why not pick up boxing? or ju jitsu, etc. then you can fight, everything is level, etc. but to literally have the chances of permanently injuring someone by pulling this shit is ridiculous. i understand this shit is around because of the lower class, but some of it is insane.

for example, one of the scuffles that broke out in front of me that i helped break up, was because of these annoying ass Jagiellonia fans that did not even have seats in my section, or the other section next to me. i had 4th row on the end, behind the USA bench. throughout the match, my buddies and i befriended some of the polish fans across the stairs in the other section. we were all having a good time during the entire match, no hatred, just fun. then these Jagiellonia wanna be hools, came down to try and open a banner. no one let them, so they turned around and went back. then they tried to come down with a bigger banner and even the polish people were telling them to go back. then the third time they came down, they started clocking this really nice old guy (who had to be in his 50s) from behind with fists in front of his family. it was ridiculous, kids somewhere between 16-25 jumping a person of their own ethnicity/country, that had nothing to do with them. i jumped in and broke it up because it was ridiculous how something like that would ever happen. yea scuffles and fights occur from time to time in the MLS between clubs, but that shit is put aside on the national level. but yet somehow a polish person clocking an elder like that? that is flat out disrespectful, not cool, zero badass-ness about it. out right uncalled for, and it flat out pisses me the f*ck off. at least if the person getting jumped were wearing some club shirt it would make some sense. but an older guy that did nothing except tell them to go away deserving to get jumped? no one ever deserves that. plain and simple, dirtbag move, flat out scum

19. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Fighting between "fans" of various clubs during the NT's games used to be a common thing. Few years back PZPN banned club colors and flags from being brought to the NT games in Poland, but the "kibole" have ways of figuring out who is who quite easily. And the ban doesn't apply to away games anyway. For me, as long as the fighting doesn't affect people who came to see the game (rather then just came looking for a rumble), and occurs between the hools only, I'd say let them do it, why not, it's been a part of Polish soccer culture and soccer culture in general for a long time.

But beating up the older guy like you described, especially with his family there, that's pure BS. They should be arrested and charged with aggravated assault and battery.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What was your line-up today vs Ecuador?

Thanks in advance.

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Polska - Ekwador 2:2 (0:1)
    0:1 Benitez 32'
    1:1 Smolarek 60'
    2:1 Obraniak 70'
    2:2 Benitez 78'

Sędzia: Mauricio Navarro (Kanada).
    Żółte kartki: Minda (Ekwador).

Polska: Tytoń - Piszczek (62. Jędrzejczyk), Glik, Żewłakow, Ł. Mierzejewski - Murawski, A. Mierzejewski (81. Majewski), Wołąkiewicz - Obraniak, Smolarek (68. Grosicki), Lewandowski (88. Niedzielan).

Ekwador: Banguera - Checa, Campos, Paredes, Noboa - Minda, Arroyo, Ayovi, Saritama - Guerron, Benitez.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Brian, so would this be a B team? I don't see Kuba in there.

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its a mix, i would say 50/50... as in 50% starters, 50% substitutes

25. korsarz222

korsarz222 New Member

May 24, 2010