The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I might be mistaken, but there's doubts regarding that...it's in the hands of UEFA apparently.

2. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    is it one match or two,

it shouldnt be anything, that referee was terrible

3. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    i think you should wait and see what vaz te does in his career before slagging bolton off. it's worth remembering that he was loaned to hull city in the second tier and he did not impress there, either. i've seen him play and he really seems to lack a football brain.

also, check fabregas for a first-class example of a young player who was brought through from the reserves and into the first team by arsenal. wenger is by far the best manager in europe when it comes to developing talent.

4. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I'm curious. What other examples there are besides Fabregas?

5. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Firstly wenger is french and plays continental football and nearly all
    of the squad is not english, im sorry if i was unclear with the fact i
    meant english caoches managers etc.

I have personally played agaisnt Vazzie when he was 15 Just before he signed for Bolton and if you saw what i saw that day you would not
    believe how he is playing at the moment. Did you see the boxing day
    game against manchester in 05 that day we saw what he is capable of.
    Agaisnt Guimaraes in the uefa cup his goal. He shows flashes of brilliance
    and im sure if he leaves bolton he will show his quality.

6. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    well, yes, english managers are crap. we all know that, look at the current english manager.

but i do think england is a country which encourages the development of youth players. perhaps vaz te's problems stem from him not fitting into bolton's style of play. i don't really think there's an issue of english clubs struggling to integrate young players into the first-team setup.

look at west ham. look at united, arsenal, middlesbrough and man city. all good at developing young talent. perhaps bolton is not the best example, but england in general is a good place to learn your trade.

7. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Excuses.

Food for thought: If he was a real top quality prospect he would not have come to Bolton. You're trying to hype up a player who has a lot of potential but also a lot of flaws. Just because he's failing to make the (rather high) grade that you've set you're preferring to blame Bolton rather than accept the fact that he's just not going to be that good afterall.

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nolan, Hunt, Sinclair, O'Brien, not to mention Vaz Te himself.

9. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    For your sake i hope this new manager isnt such a boring nob like
    Big Sam who insists on playing with 6 foot beats who can barely
    pass a ball.

How does he play so well for the under 21 portugal team and go back to club football and seem disinterested.

Tell me how Vazzie can score over 30 goals in reserves and then come
    inot the first team play well in the first few games and then start to play
    crap gradually.

Boltons style of play sucked the life out of him, you know this because
    you watched it like everyone else, gradual decline.

He will be back hes only 20

10. Mike123

Mike123 New Member

May 1, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Vaz Te is average.

11. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    fair enough, although i have no idea who sinclair or o'brien are.

12. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    This kind of reminds me of Giuseppe Rossi when he was loaned to Newcastle. Yes it was a loan, but they did not use him as much as they should have and he was clearly one of their best choices up front, and Man Utd called him back, loaned him to Parma where he shined.

Perhaps Vaz Te should leave.

13. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    I wathced Vaz at Hull on a number of occasions. He was by far the best player on the pitch in all the games he played.

This next year will give him better opportunities, as no half decent new players will come to Bolton. Face it the club will start to slip. Prenn you know that's the TRUTH.

Watch che game tomorrow on SKY. All the rubbish that is stated about him coming to Bolton because other clubs didn't come in for his is pants. Porto, Benfica and Parma all wanted his signature.

14. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Prenn I would suggest you do some investigations into what BOLTON and SAMMY LEE really think of Ricardo. Please dont spout rubbish that you really don't know much about.

15. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Why are you quoting yourself?:p

16. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  17. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is this the same Vaz Te who was getting a few minutes here and there for Hull but that was enough for you to declare him their best player?

18. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't get me wrong, I like Vaz Te and I want him to get more playing time but some of you have a vastly inflated opinion of him.

As I said before if he was a true top class prospect he would have been picked up by a top club and not Bolton.

19. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    If one has no idea if he can perform greatly during an entire season, the other has no clue if he's really a true top class prospect if he doesn't get playing time.

To be honest Vaz Tê has ups and dows according to the few times I saw him. Probably due to the few opportunities that doesn't let him develop or we have to accept that he's inconsistent. And we all know what's the fate of inconsistent strikers...

Loan him. That would be good for Bolton and see what he's capable of and also for the player if he's really that talented. And that's something I have to agree with some here...the board needs to see that, otherwise you'll stick with a suppose promising young player that is being limited season after season in the bench. What's the point in that?

20. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree, he needs playing time and if we can't provide that then we should loan him out to someone who'll play him. However we won't know Ricardo's position in the team until the start of the season what with Sammy Lee being in charge now and much transfer dealing to be done.

We may see him being 'converted' into a winger too, at least for a while.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Bolton under Ol' Sam's seemed to prefer old veterans to younger players. The new manager may have different ideas .

22. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    You are right! It's the same player. Did you go and see him play? I think not! Check the stats.

There was a whole lot more to the loan deal than meets the eye. He didn't go to Hull to get playing time.

Boltons Doctors are out in Holland looking at his injury at the moment.

23. Portugal Fan

Portugal Fan New Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Vancouver
    He might play tommrow vs Isreal

24. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    he can't do any worse than nani has been doing. :eek:

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005