The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Hes been better than Stelios.

Vazzy was on the bench today and got subbed in at the 86th in Hull's 2-0 win.

2. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Same old story, Get this ******** out of there. The EPL is hindering his development, end of discussion.

Prenn, I believe you were the one that stated Vaz Te to be a Good player and a contributor. What do you think is wrong with him?

3. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    It was his first game with a new team he just joined days ago, its understandable that he was on the bench. Yes, i definitely agree about the EPL hindering his development.

Vaz Te has shown quality and has that ability that you cant teach to be in the right place at the right time and make runs off the ball and find others. I think his problem right now is one of nerves, lack of confidence, and trying to do too much (kind of like RQ on the NT until the brazil game).

4. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    [​IMG]

Determined To Make Impression

Loan signing Ricardo Vaz Te says he is determined to work hard to land himself a place in the Tigers' starting line up.

The Portuguese striker, who arrived from Bolton late last week, made a brief substitute appearance in the 2-0 win against Preston at the weekend and he admits the performance of the team highlighted the difficult task he will face.

"Everywhere you go it will be difficult but you have to work for what you want," said Vaz Te.

"I came here to play so I will work to play. I haven't come here to mess around and I don't want to let any difficulties get in my way.

"Obviously the players here are good and I'm impressed with that, but I want to play and I will work my way towards that."

Having mainly had a watching brief at the weekend, Vaz Te admits that he was impressed by what he saw and he already understands how tight a division the Championship is.

"I was impressed. Preston are a good side and they are doing well because they are chasing promotion.

"We are under pressure at the other end and anybody can drop into the bottom three. I didn't play much of a role but from what I saw, this is a really hard working team.

"I was impressed and I want to join in with that. The team has a great attitude and that is fantastic."

Vaz Te will be part of the City squad that travels down to Luton for a vital game tonight and he knows such away trips are the hardest games to play in.

"These are the hardest types of games because both teams are fighting against the bottom three.

"They will try to win the game by working hard and we will match that. We want a result and it will be a battle. If we win the battle we can kick on from there."

Having only joined the club last Friday, Vaz Te says he has already been made to feel welcome and he is delighted to have the opportunity to link up with Phil Brown again.

"I'm sure the manager was a big factor in my move because he knows Sam Allardyce very well.

"The manager is a great guy, a good character and he has a great attitude. He works very hard for what he wants.

"He's always at training watching and giving advice. I've worked with him before and I'm very pleased to be here to work with him again.

"The lads here are also great and it is a great dressing room. I feel like part of the team already and I'm pleased with that."

5. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Some comments regarding Vaz from his new manager:

"Ricardo is like a breath of fresh air," added Brown.

"He brings a smile to people's faces and that was one of the first things I noticed about him. He plays with a smile on his face.

"Ricardo has good pace, a good touch and good attributes. He knows how to play in either of the wider positions up front or the number nine role and he has played in all of those roles at Bolton.

"He is the type who goes with his chest out and he wants to show everybody what a good player he is. That's not a bad thing to have here at this moment in time.

"Ricardo brings quite a lot of Premiership experience as well. He has been knocking on the first team door at Bolton since he was 17.

"He is an Under 21 international and after the Sunderland game on Saturday he heads off onto the international scene, which will be great for his mentality and fitness.

"If I can persuade Sam to let him stay until the end of the season, he will be a good asset for the camp. But at the moment we only have him for a month, so hopefully he can score some goals in that time."

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They only have him for one month? What kind of loan deal is that?

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    a good one. He isn't being used so lend him out here and there.

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's to give him some match practice.

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's hard for him to get a game with Anelka in the team and if we're honest he played a lot at the end of last season because Diouf was out of sorts. He seems to work better as an impact player off the bench rather than starting because he does tend to disappear for large periods of games. I think he needs playing time and experience, but we can't offer him that because we're never in a comfortable position for him to come on.

10. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not really, he's no worse but what Stelios does offer is experience and that puts him at an advantage.

11. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    First game Vazzy got significant minutes, subbed into the game at the 19th minute in Hull's 2-1 win.

http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10338~996271,00.html

He got involved in the action and created some good chances and started the play that led to the first goal. He missed some chances for himself, but a good showing nonetheless considering this is his first significant chunk of minutes in quite some time.

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hmm, There is something brewing here. I think he wil benefit moving to Hull.

All he needs is confidence and the mobility to pace. Like GD said, He reminds him of Henry, I see the comparisons but I want him to play more.

13. Portugal Fan

Portugal Fan New Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Vancouver
    He needs to leave Bolton as soon as possible

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah. Hes what now? 20? He has been idling long enough at Bolton. I am sure he could go to Braga and make a significant impact.

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All I know is he's grimey. The kid is a professional, Always smiling, always wants to improve his game. If I were him, I would just leave and ask for a loan out.

With Hull, The kid is still sitting on the bench, like WTF?

Poor kid will be underdeveloped and not make an impact anywhere if he is not playing.

16. Portugal Fan

Portugal Fan New Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Vancouver
    Where is this guy. He was a top prospect. I found him for Pete"s sake

17. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Welcome to BigSoccer newbie :) . He's back in Bolton.

18. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    The whole Vaz Te thing STINKS. I follow Bolton and travelled over to Hull to see him play against Norwich and travelled up to Sunderland to see him against the Black Cats. In both games he came on as sub. He wasn't really getting much more playing time than he did at Bolton. He was however the best player on the field in both matches.

Yes he returned to Bolton, and came on as sub in the last few games of the season without really showing much. He must be totally frustrated at his lack of opportunity.

Lets hope with Nani moving to United and Manuel Fernandes at Everton, he will have some familiar faces in the North West of England. Obviously both players are with him in the under 21 squad.

Also I for one hopes he shines in Holland in the Under 21 tournament, and maybe another Premiership club will notice him and give him the opportunity that I feel he deserves.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bolton has a new coach, things may change now, including their style of play.

20. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Vazzie is special Bolton has hindered his progress. There style of football
    is not suited to him. No disrespect to bolton ofcourse.

Toulon last year after the hat trick i though he would be given a real
    chance this season but that clown alladyce doesnt know what attack is.
    just long balls and hacking.

I hope the new manager does play good football.

21. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Comedy gold.

Face it, the lad isn't good enough. There are countless examples of prospects all over the world who fail to live up to their potential. Vaz Te is heading to be one of those on the list. You can blame Bolton all you want but we didn't make the lad lazy or bring about his issue with gravity.

22. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I guess time will tell, i just shows that the english have no idea on how to develop young players and bring them on to the first team they need to
    buy foreigners and use local kids as the grafters.

23. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    They're good at polishing them if they go to team already considered world class potential though. But otherwise, they just suck at it.

Now that H. Almeida is out in the first game or it's very likely that UEFA will decide that way, Vaz Te will have a chance to prove what he's worth in U-21 european championship.

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the problem is that hes playing for FC Retirement Plan

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE OF THE RED CARD ? It doesn't carry over from one competition to the other.