The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Please continue the RVT discussion here...

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ahh...I love new threads.

P.S: Vaz Te, get good fast!

3. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    lol, he had a hot end to the season, lets hope it continues into this upcoming one.

4. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    i have rarely seen him playing but heard that he is talented and might be a goof forward option for the future. i hope he develops well and doesn't get stuck like many other talents portugal brought out and they finally never did make it to the big stages.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He has some talent. Hes tall and has a good amount of speed on him, he also has some creative ball control as well as the pedaladas. So far I have seen how score more goals with his head then his foot. But the goal that he scored with his foot was a beauty.

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why do people bringing him down? He is the only Promising Striker we know in our system.

7. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How many "promising" striker have floped in the last 5 years?

8. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    thats a nice typo...but a pretty accurate one imo.

see Vazzy tends to slip at the worst possible moment, its happend a few times during decent chances for him to net. but other than that he looks very promising and if the end of last epl season is any indication, well be hearing alot more from him this comming season.

9. artistwanta_b

artistwanta_b Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Actually, the thing that makes him SO promising is he isn't in OUR system. Portugal doesn't develope great strikers. We develope great wingers, great mids and great center backs. Our youth system for what ever reason just doesn't develope great gifted strkers. Brazil/England pumps them out one after another.

My guess is the most talented players at a very young age are moved to mid in the Portuguese system.

I am hoping for a break out year for the young man.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your correct. He isn't in our system, But if move to a Portuguese team he can learn to adapt to our style.

My Beef is in Bolton, he doesn't have a Portuguese Influence to help him with his development. He is Tall, Agile and has a Good SHot, Staying there will only Hinder his progress.

I even like Manuel Curto who Just got dealt to Amadora For Nada. He is a Gem in the making.

11. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Complete and utter rubbish my friend!.. Stayuin g at Bolton will not hinder him at all. PLEASE remeber he is a young lad and doesn't turn 20 years old until October. He has the ability to become on of the best strikers we have had for the Portuguese NT. I see him play every week, with for the first team or the reserves and have done since he came to Bolton when he was 176 yrs old.

He see's passes and distributes the ball when other plyers just don't. Yestr he has scored a few with his head.... again remember he is 6 feet 2 inches. Take my work for it this boy will go all the way. He is currently in Switzerland doing his pre-season training. I understand that he is cycling up mountains to improve his staminer.

Bolton play Spurs in the first game of the season and I for one hope he does the business.

12. artistwanta_b

artistwanta_b Member

Aug 16, 2004
    BWFC....Can you explain why he was left on the bench during the Euro u-21?

I mean he came into the tourny on a hot streak.

Yet he didn't even seem to be a third option at striker.

I really want this kid to pan out. There is something about him. I really don't want Portugal to change from a lone striker to a two striker system.

I think he would fit the mould great as a lone striker in the portuguese system.

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have Faith in the kid. But if he isn't getting enough playing time in Bolton, How will he gain experience needed?

A Lone Striker? I'm All For a 2 Man Strike Force. Our Formation needs a tweaking and I think both strikers would complement each other if they played a certain role.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It looks like Ricardo vaz te has to score 10 Goals in order to get a call-up Against Finland in the Euro 2008 Qualficaitons.

Here is Scolari probable Lineup:

Ricardo

Carvalho
    Meira
    Miguel
    Valente

Costinha
    Maniche

Ronaldo
    Deco
    Simao

Gomes

With Quaresma needing to impress, You got Miguelito, Nelson, Vaz te, Varela and Vale probably making the team.

15. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Why was it that Ricardo Te got to play more towards the end of last year? Who are the strikers ahead of him at Bolton for this coming year?

Thanks!!

By the way, there's no way he's going to get called to the senioir side anytime soon. We all know that. I hope to see him playing more for the Sub21side, and making an impact there. If everything goes well, he could be ready by the second half of 2007.

16. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Vazzy started gettin a lot more time because he was making an impact every time Sam put him on the field. One game, he was put in at the 80th minute, and the Bolton fans nominated him for man of the match because he created more danger in those 10 minutes than any of the Bolton players had all game.

Once Sam began to start him regularly right at the end, Vaz Te got more comfortable with the EPL and started to find the back of the net..

I wouldn't completely rule out Vazzy gettin a call up to the NT in the near future. If he can start the season in the same manner in which he ended it and racks up a nice number of goals before next call-up, perhaps Scolari will give him a shot.

17. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like good news for Portugal. It will be interesting to see who Scolari uses at striker in the up coming games. I think he favors Postiga, but I personnally would rather see Gomes. In any event, it's time to star grooming someone for the future (as in not too distant).

18. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The only way he will make the nt Cr7, If he scores at least 10 or more Goals.

He is a player to watch out For. I hope Bolton plays him consistenly or else I will be pissed.

19. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    He will have to call up a Pauleta replacement for Euro qualifiers, if Vaz can get off to a good start and bag a couple goals, especially if one of those is a really nice goal and gets some press, Scolari might just give him a shot.

20. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    khan just jizzed his pants!:eek:

21. eshockey87

eshockey87 New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Newark
    i think scolari will call up postiga or hugo almeida before vaz-te comes into the picture maybe for the 2010 world cup qualiefiers hell be called up

22. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    well, postiga is already there as one of the three strikers. that leaves a limited number of options for the third striker, tomas and the U21 strikers (varela, hugo almeida, vaz te), or he could call Boa Morte up for the position as well. Nonetheless, it is still possible that if he makes enough of a splash Scolari might give him a shot with all the press about our crap attack during the World Cup.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Postiga is horrid....except on Penalty shots. I commend him in that category.

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im telling you Guys there will probably be a surprise player that will show up in the next year.

I like Varelas swagger when he has the ball. He has Amazing potential to Fill that viod. But Im still going with my Homeboy Vazzie or RVT to be our Future Striker:p

25. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    From the quotes that Sam Allardyce has made on the Bolton website, it looks as though Rico will be given the chances that came his way at the end of last season.

Earlier on in this thread someone asked who is infront of Ricardo in the Bolton team.

I have to say that before a ball is kicked in anger they are as follows:
    kevin Davies
    El Hadji Diouf

Borgetti may be on his way out of the club with a possible move to Spain, but Sam seems to prefer Ricardo anyway.

Henrik Pedersen is the only other recognised striker, but player as right back when he was called on last season, and with Ricardo Gardner out until at least October its possible that Henrik will fill in again.

Unless the club sign a striker before the start of the season, I can see Ricardo really getting some substancialplaying time this year.

2nd game of the season is away against Fulham....Boa Morte v RVT!?