The Ricardo "Q-man" Quaresma Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by fcp4life, Dec 28, 2007.

1. fcp4life

fcp4life New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Quaresma leaves a possibility of leaving the squad at the end of the season.....

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Quaresma

The chances of Porto keeping him past this season are 1 in a 1,000,000!

3. fcp4life

fcp4life New Member

Jun 25, 2007

idk why he would leave porto has the money to keep him

4. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man Of The Year

5. andweyn

andweyn New Member

Dec 27, 2007

I was pretty upset when he couldn't shine in Barca. Now he'll get a second chance. I just hope he won't go to Chelsea or R. Madrid. Would love to see him in Liverpool though :)

6. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would love to see him at Inter I think he would start every game because they lack another true winger other than Figo, plus I think Figo will leave so its a perfect fit, or AC Milan either of them would be excellent. I hope shows very well and uses Euro 2008as his coming out party because his career has been slow so far. I mean he was sold at 19, he was wanted more than Ronaldo and had a great future ahead of him. Imagine if Rijkaard wasn't such a dumbass, Barcelona would be INSANE.

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Porto can't afford not to make $25 or $30 million Euros with his sale, i.e. Porto will definitely sell him after the Euro (if not before - right after the League is done). It's pretty much assumed it will be to one of these teams: R. Madrid, Inter Milan or Liverpool.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I don't really want him to go to Real Madrid. Although the thought of him linking up with Robinho is exciting. I just believe that club is too wild, as soon as you under preform you are axed in the media and relegated to the bench.

Inter Milan would be an ideal club for him. Liverpool would be a good team as well.

9. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007

I don't like the idea of him going to Liverpool for only one reason, the rotation system. It's possible he won't get as much playing time as he should with pennant, kewell and benayoun rotating with him unless he plays unbelievably well.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Quaresma is better then all those players though. The only one that I can visualize contesting for a spot is Babel.

11. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007

He needs to go to Inter. First of all, if the guy goes to England there will be a media circus all over again cuz he would be going to ground to easily. Real? big no no. He is a good player but he definatley is going to need some adjustment time wherever he goes and I think Spain is too much of a big step for him...I just have a bad feeling if he returns. He played well against Inter a coouple times so I say Italy is his best destination though I still have my doubts about him succeding anywhere outside Portugal, hell outside Porto :eek:

12. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007

I would love to see him go to Real for only one reason, to stick it to Barcelona in a classico, but like Joelz said there are just to many negatives. Inter I think is the best destination for him.

13. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

Arsenal, match made in heaven.

Although Wenger would never spend the amount of money needed to buy him.

Liverpool would be a travesty, please God no.

Inter would be great as well.

Real Madrid, only if they got a hardass manager like Mourinho to keep him on his toes and get the best out of him every game.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

^^ then you agree with me that inter would be a perfect fit!

RQ is too valuable, simplesmente magico.

Besides, Porto have helder barbosa to replace him, and he will be better.

15. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007

Quaresma signs a contract extension untill 2011!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. I have to say a VERY smart move on his part....he knows this is where he'll win trophies and continue to get call ups to the national team. Way to go!! my man.

16. obscene

obscene Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Tri-State
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yeah, I'm quite surprised actually. I guess he realized that he wasn't going to get any better offers than he received this past summer. Here's the link...
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=648736.html

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Wow, pretty surprised he signed the deal. He has won almost everything there is to win with Porto, besides the CL and Uefa.

Still, this doesn't mean that other clubs won't come knocking come June.

18. fcp4life

fcp4life New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    New Quaresma News

Quaresma pledges future to Porto

Ricardo Quaresma will be at FC Porto until 2011 after agreeing a two-year contract extension with the Portuguese champions.
    'Really happy'
    The 24-year-old winger's previous deal was due to expire in 2009 but the Portuguese international was keen to pledge his long-term future to the Estádio do Dragão. "I'm really happy – it's a clear sign of affection between both parties," he said. "I like the club and the people I work with and was delighted to extend the contract. It was always on my mind to help the team win trophies and I have learned lots of things at this club."
    League successes
    Quaresma, who has won 18 caps for Portugal, has scored four times in 15 Liga appearances this season to help Porto establish an eleven-point lead in the table. The former Sporting Clube de Portugal and FC Barcelona man had already won the title with the Dragons in 2006 and 2007. He has also struck twice in six UEFA Champions League outings, with Porto facing a first knockout round tie against FC Schalke 04. The first leg will take place in Gelsenkirchen on 19 February with the return in Porto on 5 March.
    ©uefa.com 1998-2008. All rights reserved.

[​IMG]

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This contract really doesn't mean much, it's pretty much written he'll be gone by late June, early July!

20. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

If he stays at Porto until 2011 it will be a minor miracle. They just purchased the rest of his pass and extended his contract to make it easier to sell his pass once the season is over.

I think it's a mistake for him to leave, but he still has stars in his eyes and thinks he's Ronaldo. The only problem with Quaresma is he doesn't devote the time to training like Ronaldo does and hasn't evolved like Ronaldo. Quaresma was brought up to the SCP seniors before Ronaldo and still Ronaldo surpassed him and evolved much quicker.

Quaresma is a selfish egomaniac and that is his downfall.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: New Quaresma News

He has a thread, going to move it accordingly...

but to counter your recent post...

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=561756

pow!

I would love for him to go to Atletico. Aguero, Simao, Forlan...good team right there. I think if he went to Real he might get lost in the shuffle, but the idea of Q playing with Robinho...

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Ricardo "Q-man" Quaresma Thread [R]

all signing a deal till 2011 did was jack up his cost for other teams. PDC is not stupid. He'll buy 3 really good players with the money he gets for Quaresma.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It will be disappointing when he leaves.

24. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I won't mind, it'll open up the door for Vieirinha and Barbosa

25. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal