The Real Madrid News Thread - Sauces Optional [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by dooda, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    LOL. You are a trip! And I'm not referring to the 'shrooms you gave me.

I'm surprised to see so little being said about the fuss FCB peeps are making with Mourinho being able to coach in the SuperCopa (I posted a little blurb in the JM thread).

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Isn't tradition for newly elected prez to pardon everyone? Well everyone except Benitez :laugh: If Tito was as smart as those Cules allege they're supposed to be he would've known this and dug in Mou's ass with a couple haymakers after he poked him in the eye :D

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's still the same federation president as we've had for years. And that player who threw a bottle at one of the refs still got his punishment.

I think there's not much being said about it here, because what is there to say? Our coach poked somebody in the eye, and he receives no punishment. Barça officials are obviously pissed as if this had happened in any other western federation the coach would get punished in the same month. However they don't have a leg to stand on because they have been "pardoned" in the past as well.

We clearly need a new federation president, and get rid of this corrupt piece of shit. Mou may be our coach, but such an action deserves a punishment. Not showing up with a team for a Copa game deserves a punishment. Playing with 4 non-EU players deserves a punishment.

Surprisingly it was Barcelona who (also) stopped him from being voted away years ago, after which the Villarato was born.

4. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Well I do agree that a punishment, especially for something as crazy what Mou did should be dealt with immediately but what are you gonna do? I would think the federation would be eager to set an example, as they should because you can't have one of the figureheads of your league trying to poke out your rival's eye but they are a peculiar bunch it would seem.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona are just tuning up for more "football died tonight" tunes.

6. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    I'm a little surprised about Barcelona's reaction, though. You would think that Vilanova never slapped Mourinho, that he was never punished for it, or that it wasn't 'pardoned' as well.

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Those are the things that I find interesting/ironic about all the noise coming from Freixa. Their history with Villar and the stuff they have gotten away with in recent times makes their protests comical to me.

8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How do you multi-quote on here these days. :confused:

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    It's not funny Alma!

10. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    After Jose's heartfelt apology he issued in the wake of the incident, I think it's not surprising that he got pardoned :D. How did it go again?

-Reivax- and Karthik repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They act as if Tito "the Victim" Vilanova didn't or has never done anything suspend-able himself.

It's like whenever we do anything, all the focus and criticism is stacked on our heads and when others do something it is ignored. I understand we are above speaking against it but it is still shitty situation.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arbeloa probably has this as an A0 poster hanging somewhere and he says AU AU, every time he runs by it. :D

13. raul_elmatador

Jun 6, 2006
    Mumbai
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's an article on the Madrid site on the minutes played by our players

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...ore_than_5,000_minutes_in_2012_13_season.htm?

I was curious to see the total minutes played only at the club

C.Ronaldo 5090
    Casillas 4992
    X. Alonso 4688
    S. Ramos 4665
    Pepe 4162
    Ozil 3948
    Marcelo 3674
    Benzema 3552
    Arbeloa 3300
    Khedira 3090
    Higuain 2761
    Coentrao 2322
    Kaka 2130
    Di Maria 1977
    Lass 1692
    Callejon 1377
    Varane 1266
    Carvalho 1095
    Granero 1078
    Albiol 1017
    Sahin 658
    Altintop 640
    Adan 455

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    You want funny? Now a group of FCB peñas have written to the board to complain about the Mourinho pardon. As a sign of their displeasure with the pardon, they are asking the club to send their B team to the SuperCopa. I guess the SuperCopa doesn't deserve the honor of the first team's presence.

That is some good ish right there!!

15. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Hope they do hahahaha

16. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just read the article in AS. Hilarious!
    They should field the B side for all of their La Liga games to make the point even stronger.

17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to AS, Jesus has been promoted to the first team. I have always had the impression that Tomas Mejias was the better keeper with the greater upside, but then again that would mean he is needed more at Castilla.

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The media will love that, it'll let them use the "Jesus saves" line on a regular basis.

19. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus proved to be the more reliable option this past year for Castilla, at least in my eyes. He seems less prone to wtf moments from all the matches I saw last season.

20. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho is back in Madrid
    [​IMG]

Look at the guy behind JM :D

21. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    There must be something embedded in the Portuguese DNA that enables them to tan so fantastically, lovely color and so even. I wish I was Portuguese.

:cry:

22. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    nicafornica repped this.
  23. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Maybe it was because he was standing next to Di Maria :laugh: but Gonzalo looks like he might have dropped a couple pounds.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently neither he nor Carvalho showed up. Kaka, Lass, and Pipa all showed which is good news.