The Real Madrid News Thread - Sauces Optional [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by dooda, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So every U23 player is one step before the national team. Are you joking? If not, why isn't Bojan getting clal ups. He went through the youth system and he's totally the new Raul and stuff.

Notice how you're the only one thinking Tello is totally "hot stuff" because Del Bosque knows what he's doing. Even amongst Barcelona fans Callejon would be rate higher.

Seriously.

If at this point, Del Bosque decides to call up Tello ahead of Callejon, he's a sell out and a bitter old man.

Just my opinion, even it hurts some people's feelings.

-Reivax- repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Last I checked, the question was about Barca players. And last I checked, only Tello and Montoya were in the U-23 squad. He said, if they deserved it, he could see 14 Barca players with the NT. Unlike other coaches, he's probably supportive of the progression of players through the National team program.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, that totally makes sense man. Tello after all is really impressing on the world stage in those U23 tournaments. When Barca put him on the market, they really had to fend off the european big players (Bayern, Manchester United, Chelsea) that were hoping to be graced with his "one step before the national team" signature.He's really a step before the national team.

He also mentioned Delofeu. Obviously, Jese and Morata are stuck with playing for the enemy. Total bummer.

I've never heard such crap. There's probably up to 10 players that deserve the slightest mention above Tello in any national team discussion.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Was the question NOT about Barcelona? Did they ask him about Madrid? No. Did he not end his answer by saying "Madrid also has a strong base in the squad"?

5. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you have to realize that since Del Bosque hasn't picked for example Callejon and now is talking about Tello that it might come off as a bit... resentful on his part? Callejon has so far proven to be the better player and in normal circumstances he should be the one Del Bosque is talking about.

Although this time is would seem he was answering a direct question so it's not something to get really upset about, but it just seems to add up.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That could mean anything. What does "strong base in the squad" mean to you? Please tell me. If Callejon would be playing for Espanyol as well as for us, he'd have the one or the other odd call up. But the problem is that Callejon celebrates his goals with the Ultras and so he's totally incompatible with the tender souls of the Barcelona players.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If his comments are read within the context they were given, I find it hard for people to take it the way some here have. The funny thing is, the people that seem to be the most offended are neither Spanish or fans of the Spain NT.

You're speaking as if he called up Tello. He hasn't. Out of curiosity, which striker would you have dropped for Callejon from the current squad?

8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Fernando Torres :)

azriel repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The context is that if Barcelona players are good enough, he takes them, up to 14 of them. So, if i interpret his comments correctly, Callejon isn't "good enough" to play in a meaningless friendly which is why he never called him up for any of them yet. Or not?

From the Panama friendly for example?
    Susaeta or Pedro.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He wasn't called up the last time, but even if you take him out, you have a whole host of players that are probably more worthy. Michu, Soldado, Negredo, etc.
    No, the context is, if any player is good enough and deserving, he will take them regardless of where they play.

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Pedro is a strange one, because even if he's not playing well for Barca he usually turns up for la Furia. I agree that Calleti deserves at least a cap though.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is why he mentioned the very good and deserving Tello as an example. :confused:

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And if he was asked about Madrid, he would have mentioned Jese and Callejon. But he wasn't.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure. He would.

15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The hate / anger towards Del Bosque is beyond ridiculous.

Zidane05 and Oscar repped this.
  16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I say we start a pie throwing mob and go get Mourinho for not making the deserving Callejon a regular starter in our own team.

Then we could have read here how Del Bosque hurts Real Madrid by taking our players halfway around the world during the season. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    God forbid he ever orders crema catalana for dessert!!

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would doubt him too then actually, why bother with saving room for dessert when you might as well fill up with more pulpo or caldo? Crazy. I never eat dessert. Hence the pie throwing idea.

19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Pulpo a feira? Caldo gallego? Now you're talking my language. I'd have to add callos to that, but pulpo and caldo are a solid combo.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You would also agree the same about Mourinho... correct?

-Reivax-, Vector-SS and azriel repped this.
  21. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I vote that championship belt becomes YS87's permanent avatar. Who's with me?
    Either way, Pep wouldn't pick a Madrid canterano over a La Masia player if they were both in relatively the same boat (fringe player for the national team). Never.

22. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    No, what's absolutely pathetic is how you drone on and on in these internet arguments all the time, always resorting to a "he said, she said" type of argument. We get it, you like to nitpick every little thing that some people say. Give it a rest.

Zidane05 and Alma Merengue repped this.
  23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    On this forum? Not even close.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Neither would Del Bosque.

:cool:

:D

25. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what about Javi Martinez? he is a world champion too. Fine by me if he doesn't call up our players.