The Real Madrid News Thread - Sauces Optional [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by dooda, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't seem to find in Marca/AS? Do you know what was said? Would be interesting to hear what Iker has to say about Mou.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    It's the lead story on both sites?!?! Do ya mean de engleesh sites?

He recognizes the team isn't doing well and understand why fans would be upset but he adds that maybe people aren't being fair with Mourinho. He has built a young team and he has led the team to recent success but as the best coach in the world the expectations are enormous. He has complete confidence in Mourinho. Etc, etc.

3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aye, couldn't see anything on the English sites. That will probably why i missed it then.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is the team is no longer making progress and actually looks like is regressing. Would you have us sit quietly or cheer on Mourinho to keep doing what he's doing if you knew the team was going to continue to worsen as the season went on.

As for the one year contract I think we've broken that precedent. Any coach coming in after Mou is going to want the same deal. A multi-year, mulimillion Euro contract with complete control over the team and transfers and no one between the President and manager. It's gonna be awfully hard to go back to the old way even if the new way with Mourinho goes up in flames. That's the problem with change and setting new precedents if they don't work there's little way of going back.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is because there is no point in trying to reason with those people. It's a wast of time. I was for the Mourinho signing at first but now I would like to see him leave. I gave him a chance and made my decision based on his actions.

6. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I very much doubt this. Most managers would jump at the chance to manage this team, even if they did not have full control as Mourinho does. Only someone with his type of pedigree would want/expect that type of control over the club. SAF and Wenger are the only managers out there that could realistically expect to have a similar level of control as Mourinho does, in the hypothetical situation that either of them is a candidate to be the replacement.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is just the thing he asked for a two year grace period right off the bat saying that is how long his projects take to come together, except that we have never seen what a year three looks like and that makes this a gamble. This is quickly becoming problematic because the team looks worse in year three than they did in year one and not the well oiled machine we expected and were promised. At least the first season he could complain about not getting his third striker, an injured Kaka, and interference from Valdano. There is no where for the blame to go for how the team is performing at this point it is all on Mou and it's not good.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying they wouldn't want to coach Madrid but do we want just any manager or do we want to make a sincere effort at attracting a top manager. It is only fair that the new manager gets the same working conditions that Mourinho has even if they are not the greatest coach ever sent down from heaven to save the blessed club from it's wretched fans. It's like if the next President of the U.S. doesn't have veto power or doesn't get to choose his own cabinet, he would look like a chump. If the Special and Only one couldn't cut it after getting everything he asked for then no one else has a chance, I think at the very least a new coach is going to want a fighting chance.

9. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    To be fair, I don't know if the claim was that his projects take two years to come together, rather just that the team is always better the second year than the first. Hard to argue that wasn't true.

He hasn't been at a club longer than 2 seasons so we never saw how his 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. seasons at a club went (well Chelsea I suppose, but he got sacked in the middle of his 3rd season in charge).

I say give it time. If we aren't looking better and getting results by the end of the year, cut the ties. If we improve and we win the CL and/or by some miracle come back and take La Liga, keep him here if he wants to stay.

This season has just been all sorts of unlucky for us, in my eyes. We had a slow start (many predicted this coming off a European Championship summer), then just as it looked like things might be turning around Marcelo, Arbeloa, Coentrao, Khedira, Higuain, and Benzema all get injured in a relatively short space of time. I mean honestly, how can you expect a club to perform at its peak when so many key players are injured. If we have everyone healthy for the second half of the season I think we'll see last years form again, if not better. By then, La Liga might be out of the question, but that might play right into our hands as we'll be able to put the majority of our energy into the Champions' League. You heard it here first.

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know that's Mourinho's job and for him to figure out. I think keeping Carvajal would have helped, he failed to see the talent there. Whatever happened to that third striker he couldn't live without in his first season, that would come in handy now. Apparently it was never about a third striker but about getting his way. Well he got things his way and all we get in return is that none of this is his fault. The players are tired or injuered, the players don't follow instructions, the referees and league are conspiring against us, the other teams try harder against us than Barca, et cetera. We don't ever here that the team should have attacked more, we should have made one or two more signings, that I got my subs wrong. We don't ever hear Mourinho admit he has made a mistake.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has nothing to do with his nationality, for me at least. I had nothing against the Portuguese before Mourinho came. Hehe. I'm not worried about the power because he loses all that if he gets fired. His actions are that I'm judging him on. I could even argue that I am only judging hinm based on tactical decisions but I'll be honest and say it is more than what is going on the field.

This is not something we have to go through or have to go along with. He's not the only coach out there. He might think he's the Special One and the Only one but you don't have to get sucked in. As far as being a total deush well I might agree it is better to respected/feared than loved if you want to be a ruler/leader. But here is where I go back to tactics, what good would it do if all the players would kill and die for you if all you can do is send them out to die.

12. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The people that are whistling against the chants barely open their mouth for anything else during these 90 minutes. It will come as far as away fans singing the Jose Mourinho chant just to get these guys to whistle against our own team. :ROFLMAO:

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The Jose Mourinho chants were coming from the Ultras Sur and there are sections of the stadium that seem to whistle everything that comes from that group. :D

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thankfully we have the Ultra Sur to make so much noise, I guess it's a good thing nazis learn very early to be loud so they can block out when reason is being used by others.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see.

Silence is the voice of reason.

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I see.

The nazis are the good guys.

Hey, making your own conclusions on things being said by others is fun. :)

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know, you've shown in post #766 how much fun that can be.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You weren't commending the Ultra Sur for being loud as opposed to those who 'barely open their mouths'?

Have you ever been to the Bernabeu by the way?

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is there any problem with that? Spaniards commended Luis Aragones despite being a fat old dumbass after he won the Euro.

No. I've only seen Real Madrid play in away matches. The Bernabeu sounds like a tennis match most of the time. *clap* *clap* *clap* .... *aaaawwww* *clap* *clap* *clap*
    Even our own coach agrees. And he's been to the Bernabeu plenty of times.

U mad? Instead of the fans being pissed at themselves for sleeping on their seats, they complained about Dortmund fans making the trip, seriously = :ROFLMAO:

halamadrid00 repped this.
  21. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    im more madridista than anyone who posts here. bitches

meringues repped this.
  22. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. You don't have to be at the stadium to know that its quite. Its known fact.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I challenge you.

:cool:

Let's have a dance off.

[​IMG]

24. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    First one to sit in silence for an entire Madrid game wins.

25. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^^ HAHA That is the best gif ever. Made my fooking night.