The Real Madrid News Thread - Sauces Optional [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by dooda, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our bball team is owning the cules. We are owning their asses in all sports it seems :p

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We would've all but sealed the title if it wouldn't have been for that comically stupid loss in the first game.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Subscribed.

4. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    No likey

6. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like it better than last season's red kit, but I don't get why we need to go for another weird colour again.

7. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    When is the last time the third kit wasn't a wierd color? Purple two seasons ago, red last season, and now green. I actually like the red ones we had this past season though, I never got what all the hate was about.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    $$$$$$

9. s1Nclair

s1Nclair Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Green.. really???

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I really liked the red kit, I thought they were nice. The green doesn't look too bad either although I'd have to see them being worn. Compared to some Clubs third kits which look like what my dog coughs up after she's had a few too many Skittles I'll take our third kits of the past few seasons any day :laugh:

zizou555 repped this.
  11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Purple isn't a weird colour.

12. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Well apparently to some people anything outside of white, black, or dark navy (nearly black) is a weird color. Because I don't think red or green are weird colors either.

13. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty sure by weird they mean a color we don't usually use. I can't remember the last time we used red. Purple on the other hand has been used as our 3rd kit frequently enough for it not to be weird.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Purple is a part of our history to be honest.

9Qui repped this.
  15. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Alright well either way, it's nice to have a little variety, especially with the third kit which doesn't even get used all that often. I don't really consider red or green to be weird colors but I guess strictly in the context of being associated with the club, then they might be. Still think both the reds this year looked great, and the greens next year will look great too. As long as we don't go orange or yellow, any other color is fine with me.

16. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I think you mean Jose Angel Sanchez, "knows how to roll that money in" :D Granted Uncle Flo is probably at the genesis of a lot of this revenue building whehter through signing players, building theme parks, expanding the Bernabeu, etc. but I 'm pretty sure it's Senor Sanchez making the ideas realistic and accessible.

When Club presidents try to run the financial ends of things they come up with deals like 20 ME +Eto'o for Ibrahimovic, selling out like a bunch of hypocrites for shirt sponsorship and then lying about what you paid for Chilean wingers and then they pat themselves on the back. Props to Uncle Flo for picking a pretty savvy guy to handle the financial end of things though :D

9Qui repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True say, but wasnt Jose around when Calderon was president? I think Perez deserves lots of credit for transforming us into a financial giant not once but twice.

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I gave him his credit but Sanchez has been the constant in Uncle Flo's first and second presidency if my mind serves me correctly (he was marketing director for uncle Flo's first coronation) and pretty influential in giving Calderon the go-ahead to sign Ronaldo. It's a team of two visionary minds, with Uncle Flo as the face doing great things for the Club. I'm not trying "discredit" the good Uncle as much as point out there is a potentially unsung hero in the background who is a big part of this.

20. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    New Roma Coach Zeman:

"Mourinho is a mediocre coach"

Eladio Parames:

"I had to google who he is and what he's done"

:laugh:

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zeman is fantastic, i wouldn't take him serious.

Question: What do you do in your free time?
    Zeman: "I smoke."

:D

23. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The board of Directors have unanimously approved he work to remodel the stadium:
    http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...as_de_Arquitectura_para_la_remodelacion_d.htm
    [​IMG]

24. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like this the Allianz and the beijing stadium that was designed for the Olympics so i am interested as to what this guy can bring to the table..

25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's two guys, actually...