The Real Madrid News Thread - Sauces Optional [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by dooda, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    Well, perdóname, then :D.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I'll get back to you on that.

No. He should earn more.

But.... as you note here:

Kaká was already "big" at AC Milan, he was an uncle Flo toy and aWPOTY to boot!!

Can't argue it both ways - even though you are unbiased enough to pull it off.

Does Higuaín deserve a raise is about one person: Gonzalo "el moderfocking pipita" Higuaín. Period.

3. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    Definitely. And he's showed us that he doesn't.

Double period..

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    You too are entitled to an opinion.

4x4s repped this.
  5. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's why I said:

Better players get better salaries, but there is always a possibility that you will end up overpaying a player who fails to deliver as expected. That doesn't mean we should overpay our existing players especially when their contracts are just renewed. They either play consistently better to demand a raise, or re-negotiate 1-2 seasons before their contracts run out. Otherwise, we should never consider buying a great player from another club, unless we are willing to give players in similar positions similar salaries when the recruited player flops.

6. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Quick question here: Is Higuain "demanding" anything or is this just a follow-up on a promise made to him by the Club last season?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good question. The article claims that Higuain wishes that the club gives him a new contract and that the club is considering all options, with one being a new contract to 2018 (his current one runs up to 2016).

Everything else is speculation.

8. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    The article also claims that Higuain's gran valedor is in fact Mourinho, and him leaving could change the Club's overall valuation of the player.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If that was Benzema asking you would be having seizures all over this board. My point is asking is not granting or even sitting down to discuss, there is a difference.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is sure to open contract talks at the end of the season towards the next year, it's been a while since he signed for us, i think it's natural.

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    A man honours his word. If Flo or another director promised Gonzalo that they'd negotiate at the end of the season, they should stick to that, and Higuain would be more than entitled to remind them of it.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he is stupid enough to do that, then my response would be the same. You of course would then agree with my stance.

It's natural for one to produce then request something. If you are playing poorly, have a good week then think you are owed something you're fooling yourself.

Not too long ago Di Maria was throwing a fit because we weren't eager to re-negotiate his contract when we actually promised him we would. There is no proof we have promised Higuain this, it is just spin on the story.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread closed. Start another y'all.