The Real Classification of Serie A

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i saw the highlights of the Verona Juve match

both Juve goals didn't look offside to me

3. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first one, for me, is one that has to be called. The second one I wouldn't nitpick. There's a lot going on there, although that's the same call that we didn't get on the Gervinho disallowed goal. Though to say that Juve getting called offside means that they wouldn't have scored after that is a leap I'm not willing to make. It's still hard to watch us never catch breaks. The little things add up after a while.

shiboboo repped this.
  4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    we've gotten some "breaks" this year. i can't remember any specific cases, but there were a couple. not as much as Juve or Napoli but

5. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our breaks have been some lucky deflection goals (Maicon against Hellas and that Sassuolo goal).

6. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    a PK on Torosidis was called against our favor, althought it wasnt a match deciding PK

Cannavaro's tug on Borriello was questionable since Borriello could've also been holding him. i think we might have scored an offside goal at one point but i cant remember when

7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Gervi penalty against Inter was outside the box.

About the Juve game, the 1st goal wasn't offside at all, the 2nd was offside. There were 3 more incidents involved Juve defenders touching the ball with their hands in the box, but I didn't see them so I can't comment. Also Luca Toni's goal was offside too.

shiboboo repped this.
  8. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Hence some Serie A refs are really bad?

Shocking.

9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    To be honest I have a different view when it comes to calling offsides. I think its physically impossible to get it right because the asst ref needs to look at 3 directions at the same time. He needs to look at his own location to make sure he is aligned with the last defender, to the person with the ball to see when exactly he passes the ball and to the person who would receive the ball. Sometimes its obvious or the ball is slow enough to let him see all of that, but many times its just impossible. This means that a lot of times the ref is just guessing about 1-2 of these elements.

I have been keeping my on this for years, and I think per game you would see something like 2-3 offside calls are wrong, no matter what level is the competition and the ref, and you just hope that none of that turns to a goal. Which creates an even bigger problem, you can't know which referee is doing his best and which one is being corrupt, they all make 1-3 mistakes per game, its much easier to hide corruption and bribery in offside goals than in penalties and other stuff.

I think offsides needs to be handled by computers not humans, we are not in the 18th century anymore, and the excuses that the Fifa gives for not adopting technology are bullshit, it only makes me think they want to keep it this way to not lose all their power over results. Football today is 10s of billions industry, and these decisions may lead to 50M going to the wrong people, its unacceptable to leave it like its when it can be resolved so easily with technology. I'm pretty sure if the Fifa just give a hint, dozens of companies will compete to supply products that would reduce the margin for error in offsides to almost zero in an instantaneous way.

Ref mistakes are part of the game and it makes more fun, bullshit. No one watches football to see ref mistakes, and everyone is mad about them.

wm72 repped this.
  10. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013

With regards to computers, Fifa 2014 makes a shit load of mistakes in terms of offsides so i'm not so sure that would solve the problem lol

11. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    One word(two words?): EA

12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    EA don't make their money by solving the referee mistakes issue, but companies that compete for providing refereeing equipment will.

13. Huwaidee

Huwaidee Member

AS Roma
    Kuwait
    Jul 18, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

Just gonna leave this here ….:sick: