The Podcasts, Blogs & Tweets Thread

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by hovz1105, Feb 20, 2012.

1. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Is there a GOATS related podcast around? I've been looking and haven't found anything. If one exists please drop a link. Thanks.

2. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    None that I know of. You gonna start one?

3. JediK

JediK Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was gonna give it a shot, but opted for the BATV series instead. If you find one, post it here! (although I doubt it, or else we'd probably know about it already)

I just follow stuff on RSS feeds in Google Reader.

4. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They used to have a good podcast show in English in 08 with Graham Bell & Peter Brown. You can still download the show on iTunes. The show was called "The Chivas USA Show".

5. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    oh man that show was BADASS and legit. too bad they folded, now we need a successor.

ELAC, represent?

6. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Nope. Even though I thought about it for a second it wouldn't work with me. as much as I like to come here and break balls I'm not as knowledgeable in regard to the technical aspect of the sport as other people here. And getting other people to commit could be a chore I want nothing to do with.

Ideally i'd like to see something from one of the "insiders" on this board. I've been reading the board for some time and someone is always dropping dimes saying "I spoke with so and so". It would be cool to get stuff on record. I'm fairly certain that the press demand on the Goats and the FO isn't huge so personnel access shouldn't be difficult.

Thanks for the info, boys.

BATV is Tits. Great work.

7. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been slammed as of late. You can still find me on the ATL podcast and the Daniel Feurstein podcast. I've been on both of these podcasts regularly since 2010. They're pretty good.
    My ultimate goal is to prodoce a bi-weekly podcast with all CUSA fans and supporters. Gotta get sponsors, too. :cool:
    Links:
    Around the League podcast
    http://www.atlcsrn.com/

Daniel Feurstein's Fire podcast
    www.blogtalkradio.com/feusrteinsfire

8. Paulinho 4

Paulinho 4 New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That podcast needs to be brought back.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    That's you? I've heard you on ATL. You're good. You should definitely do a regular Chivas podcast.

You guys may know that I've been compiling a directory of all the MLS podcasts on MLSN&A. Chivas USA is the only MLS team without a dedicated podcast. I noticed this thread and thought maybe one had turned up. Oh, well ...

Hopefully in the near future there will be one ...

10. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's me. Time and money. That's all I need.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's pretty cheap to put together a shoestring podcast these days. It wouldn't be high production quality, but it can be pretty good. And as long as the production is good enough, content really is king. The biggest issue is really a decent microphone and that's not a big investment. There's freeware like Audacity for the editing. Some folks are just recording from Skype. And there's free podcasting hosting too.

I wonder if Chivas USA wouldn't be willing to lend a hand (maybe even host it). It's essentially free publicity for them. If I were you, I'd call up their media guys and see if they'd like to help. At worst you might get some advice and feedback.

But, yeah, it would take time to put everything together and actually do the show. Still, I hope you do decide to do it.

And if and when you do, please PM me so I can include it on the list.

12. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Once again, we've disappointed you :D

Yeah, it's definitely a project.

13. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM sent! Thanks for the feedback!

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    If you guys would just beat the Galaxy I'd happily forgive the disappointment. :D

I might have someone for you to talk to. I said more in my reply to your PM.

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

Listened to a few episodes. Really liked Alicia's insight. She knows what's up.

Anyone know who the guy is? Not sure if he's a fan because he mispronounced our team name and a few of the players. It happens.

Keep on rocking.

17. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    i gave a listen. Not bad Alicia. she has the finger on the pulse of the average chivas fan.

18. zotzo

zotzo New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Orange County
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Thanks for giving us a listen! We had some technical issues and I wound up having to to go back and re-record myself so that's a pretty good indicator of my podcasting experience. Shouldn't be issue next time so hopefully I'll have a better excuse :)

At any rate, I'm Matt and, yes, I'm admittedly a new Chivas fan having moved to SoCal a few months ago. I saw the podcast thread on BigSoccer and noticing there was no Chivas podcast, As a podcast addict, I saw it as my civic duty to step up to the plate to fix that.

Thankfully I have Alicia who is star. I'm really flattered and feel lucky to have Alicia on board. She is just a wonderful, intelligent and passionate person. I'm hoping we'll have a mitosis thing going on.

I'd really welcome your feedback whether it's questions you have for the show, suggestions, etc. There are a number of ways to interact with us:

Ask a question: http://goatsfootball.com/ask
    Twitter: @GoatsTalk
    Voicemail or text at (949) 48-GOATS (949-484-6287)

Thank you for your support!

glyconerd repped this.
  19. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    SUBCSCRIBED.
    many, many thanks for taking the initiative. big ups to you both.

get ready for some anti 4-5-1 rants.:D

20. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for stepping up Zotzo! No doubting, I'll subscribe to the show.

21. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good stuff keep it up

22. hovz1105

hovz1105 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Westside
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Good show Guy and Gal. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Maybe im being a Homer, but I thought you guys came off better than most of the podcasts I listen to. Some people tend to come off as snobby. You are very personable. Keep up the great work.

23. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Bump

ELAC and I have started a podcast. We're just having fun. Check us out at http://whattheflock.buzzsprout.com/

twitter @whattheflockpod

We should be listed on itunes soon. For now, http://www.buzzsprout.com/5896.rss

Interviews with Chivas USA insiders, outsiders, HDC security guards and possibly Preki are soon to come.

First episode: we talk Philly Union, Colorado, Chivas academy with guest March.

Disclaimer: we're jokers, so don't take us toooooo seriously.

24. dino1er

dino1er Member

Jun 5, 2009
    east side of la
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job foos, i enjoyed it.

25. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Dino! We're just having a good time!