The Pantofola d'Oro Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chivamex10, Sep 7, 2010.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'm jealous if you can get them from Akuna themselves because when you order direct they are made to order.

2. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    My size in Copa is 42.5 or 42 2/3 ( full size down, 27,0). I hade a pair of Adipowers in 27,5mm and it took a long time for them to break in. Normally I'm a full size over Josh and that would be 43 if I stay true to size. The question is how much they will stretch? I think I'll try a full size down, if it's too tight I'll wear thinner socks.

3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    There is a lot of stretch in those boots. But yeah let me know how they go!

4. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    anyone knows where to get the akuna storica in europe?

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Just order direct from Akuna.it

6. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    did you already order from them? can´t find any payment methods. the site gives rare information ;)

7. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You order from them and they will contact you when they've recieved your order. Just a heads up, shipping is 27€ inside EU, 15€ extra if you choose different sizes. My pair of Colibris should be shipped from them next week.

8. Smoosey

Smoosey New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Has anyone found a way to get Akuna Storicas in the US? Akuna does not ship to US and Passion Soccer in Montreal is out of my size 42. Beautiful boots.

9. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    damn, quite expensive (storica with different sizes nearly 200€ ), but thanks for the answer!

10. Smoosey

Smoosey New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just received my white Pantofola d'Oro Piceno Vitellos from Pro Direct Soccer yesterday. Tried them on and had a short juggle in the yard for after work.

My first impressions:

BEAUTIFUL: These are beautiful boots. There are so many little premium touches, like the faint imprints of the logo on the red/green stripes along the side of the boot, the incredible softness and comfort of the double-layered tongue. Perfect stitching all around. Cool how there are no tags anywhere on the boot.

SIZING: I've consistently worn a size 9 US in my boots (Adidas, Umbro & Puma), but based on reviews of Pantos, I went a half size down to Euro 41.5. however, I should have gone a full size down to a 41. The biggest difference in the fit is the room in the tip of the toe, and the deep heel cup. There is more room in the heel than any other brand of FG boots I've tried. Your experience may vary, but I would definitely at least go a 1/2 size down.

COLOR: The white is not quite white, like they show in photos. More like a very light gray. The red/green stripes on the side are a very beautiful saturated color.

LEATHER: The calf leather is seriously soft. It crumples in areas where there is just 1 layer on the outer. I've heard the Lazarrinis actually crumple all over after you break them in. The Piceno Vitellos have more reinforcement, and are mostly double-layered on the outer, so I doubt this would happen. I haven't done a full workout with them yet, but they have a nice feel on the ball, and they are double reinforced around the toe and both sides, so they feel like they'd do well to protect my feet from the occasional cleat stomp.

COMFORT: I have a very wide right foot, which does not fit into most boots, but I had no discomfort with the Piceno Vitellos. They were a bit tight when I first put them on, but not uncomfortably so, and after 30 minutes of light running, I could feel them stretching to the shape of my feet. These are good boots for wide footed players, and I feel like the fit will improve after a full week of wear.

STIFF SOLEPLATE: These have a soleplate similar to the Copa Mundials. They actually feel a bit stiffer, so it may take a while to fully break them in. I've seen photos of the Akuna Cinquestelle Colibris where the reviewer is folding them in half easily with one hand. These won't do that. They have a thicker, stiffer soleplate. Not a bad thing, but these are a heavier-duty boot.

11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm soooooo excited to put my hands on mine...

12. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
  13. Smoosey

Smoosey New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Those look incredible. I also really really want the Akuna Cinquestelle Storica:

http://www.akuna.it/calcio.php?articolo=C1911
    http://store.passionsoccer.ca/colle...es-akuna/products/akuna-storica-akuna-storica

derbyyank13 and kelani9 repped this.
  14. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    anyone knows if the akuna storica are as flexible as the colibri?

15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I couldn't resist this temptation

PDS.PNG

Fingers are crossed about the fit... :unsure:

16. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  17. Zola25

Zola25 New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I know this is unlikely but thought I'd ask - anyone ever see (recently) the old style Pantofola d'Oro like those Paolo Di Canio used to wear?

They obviously don't make them anymore but in case anyone knows of old pairs knocking about..

Attached Files:

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They pop up on eBay from time to time. They don't always look like they held up well over time though, even in deadstock condition. The outsoles look brittle and rigid on them.

Zola25 repped this.
  19. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeap, I own a pair. Instead of the blue, its green.

Want images of them? Do you want them maybe? ;)

20. Zola25

Zola25 New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys. Sure, I'd be interested to see images of them - although as far as wanting them, green wouldn't be my colour I'm afraid! :thumbsup:

21. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have to get them out from where they are hiding first. Somewhere within my wardrobe.

The soleplate was extreeeeeemely flexible, which is a plus. However the uppers shape was way of par of something I would like. It was so wide and bulky and left way to much space for me. I have a narrow and slim foot though..

22. Zola25

Zola25 New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Always liked the idea of getting a pair of boots that people had forgotten about, I think my team mates would be shocked if I pulled a pair of those out on a Saturday :)

I did have a pair of Squadra Vitellos that served me pretty well, always been a fan of Pantofola d'Oro - refreshing break from Nike/Adidas etc.

23. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    indeed. in my team we are now 4 players with pantofolas (one with dream, one with lazarrini, one with ascoli, one with dream extra). and I have recently ordered two more (dream and ascoli). until now everybody is enthusiastic about them.

24. Fieldtrip

Fieldtrip New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Normally if you do a "whois" lookup for a fake boots site they are registered in china - but this one isn't, it is registered in France.

If you go here http://www.whois.net/ and type sportivevendita.com into the search box it will give you the registrar information for the website.

I know this doesn't give you conclusive proof but I'm just mentioning it here because it is always a useful way of working out whether a site is legit or not.