The Pantofola d'Oro Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chivamex10, Sep 7, 2010.

1. farrell10

farrell10 New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    how did the sirios feel? i was thinking of getting some but wasnt sure about the leather, looks like the stripes are just stuck on top if you know what i mean? like the part with stripes on is double layered? some of the sirios colour ways look fantastic though!

2. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    the problem with the space around the heel is the same for me too. you easily slide around in the shoe if they aren´t tied to the maximum, which is quite difficult with the metal rings in the holes for the shoelaces.
    the sole plate in my extra dreams is quite stiff too, and having played a few times with them i didn´t feel any softening up, i´m afraid. the combi sole with studs in contrast is very flexible, and the rubber like black sole in the pantos i´ve posted on page 12 is even more comfortable.

3. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yes, the stripes/toe cap are sewn over the base layer of leather. I got the white/grey ones that just came out, and the leather was pretty stiff, (as white leathers tend to be) but not too thick, even at the double layered parts. I'm not too concerned about the thickness tbh. I mainly got them for comfort and because I love how they look... I've already got too many thin/light boots, so I wanted a comfy pair with a bit of class.

4. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    @Mercurial4991, I happened to try Lazzarini on my feet UK6 (EU39) which belong to my @Berlino. They are really soft (buttery soft) but the ankle locks is not as good for slim ankle person IMO (I have wide feet but my ankle is slim). The insoles has no grip. Leather shape retention is almost no as well meaning the shape changed to your feet and probably will be overstretch easily if you don't change to insoles which have better grip. Outsoles are not bendable in the beginning. Nevertheless my friend mentioned many good things about them in term of kicking feeling and style. Anyway be careful with the sizing, I am US 7.5/25.5CM in Morelia MIJ but I think I need to go to junior sizing (UK 5.5) to wear this classy shoes.

5. farrell10

farrell10 New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    got my lazzarinis again today (full size down this time) still feel slightly wide around the heel but with trusox on i dont notice it at all, look forward to wearing them now and seeing how they perform!

serginhobertholi repped this.
  6. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Full size down fits perfect?

7. farrell10

farrell10 New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    For me they do, but i like my boots tight as possible!

8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Kake

Kake New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I love the Pantofola soccer boots! Here is a comparison between the copa mundial and the Pantofola d'oro boots on youtube if interested:

10. SeanaJAy

SeanaJAy New Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hello lads :)

Am thinking of picking up a pair of Sirio's or Lazzarini's... have a few questions hopefully you guys can guide me, i've heard when purchasing Lazzarini's you should go half a size down or even a full size down, but are we talking adidas sizing or nike sizing ? as i'm a nike 9 and adidas 9.5.. so not sure whether i should be going 8 or 8.5 in Pantofola's.

however if I go for the Sirio's I would have no idea what size to get, as apparently it has more layer's of leather which matters ( not sure if true ) so I was wondering if anyone knows about these boots cause I've found sod all elsewhere on the internet, are they even any good ? if so which of the two boots would you guys advise me to get ?

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

11. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe go half a size down. Doesn't seem that the Sirio will stretch much with all that leather.

JnL1 repped this.
  12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Don't you mean Nike 9.5 Adidas 9? haha Anyway I'd use the UK sizes.

13. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Depends what Adidas boots he/she has. The predator x had to be a full size up for me to fit in them.

14. SeanaJAy

SeanaJAy New Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hey guys, cheers for the quick replies, i have a pair of nike mercurial vapor IX ( albeit the cheeper model ) and a pair of adidas nitrocharge 3.0 which is the bottom of the range model, not sure if that changes anything, but yeah unless the manufacturer got it wrong then it's definitely nike 9's and adidas 9.5's ^^

15. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  16. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    thanks for the vid! pretty interesting!

17. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013

I have a pair if the nitrocharge 1.0 in a US 10.0 and also own a pair of black and white lazz. I got a 9.5 US in the lazz and they fit nicely, but you can go a full size down cause they stretch like buggery. You can see the outside of my toes moulded into the leather cause they are that soft.

18. SeanaJAy

SeanaJAy New Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey, Cheers for your response, i'm a 10 US in nitrocharges too and 10 in Vapors, so i'll definitely take your advice on that one :thumbsup:

19. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Glad I could help! What colour you going? Definitely have to post up a pic of them when you get them :)

20. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
  21. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    got those from ebay:
    [​IMG]
    unfortunately in 45. normally i wear 44. hope it´s turning out okay. but i couldn´t resist :)

22. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Dafuq are they? Look like dreams with a regular outsold. Love that brown but

23. Adam B

Adam B New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey lads, I'm looking at getting a pair of these http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...ni-Soft-Ground-Soccer-Cleats-Black-22954.aspx

Just curious of sizing. I currently have and wear;
    Nike tiempo III 7uk/8us
    Nike Mercurial vapor superfly I 7uk/8us
    Nike Premier 7uk/8us
    Adidas adizero 6.5uk/7.5us

I am thinking I should go a full size down for the Panto's and get a size 6uk/7us, would this be the best idea?

Thanks

24. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd go with a 7.5 for a perfect length

when I got my lazarinis (size 8US) I went half a size down from what I normally wear (8.5) and they were a perfect fit. Not too snug, not too roomy, just right. If you go a full size down you'll have to give them some time to stretch as they might be too snug at first.

25. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thoughts on the indoor pair? Sizing the same?