The other teams of serie a

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by NAPOLI, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What is exactly their project?! It is all well and good saying they have a project but what is it? They are going from one disaster to another. They hire two managers in a row that have won nothing between them and expect results? There is no leadership at the club because the owners do not know head nor tail about football and are content to let others fill the vacuum. They are rudderless and there is only the illusion of a project because there is no tangible progress being made. Roma are not any better then two seasons ago under the previous owners.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That's what I mean. I like Zeman but whomever they need to get they need to give him the backing to roll up his sleeves and get to work, because there's plenty to be done.

3. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    HOT SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Da D.C. a Napoli

Jan 29, 2012
    Washington D.C.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A few years down the road Roma is gonna be getting investigated for match fixing because of that goalie.

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No he is just that terrible

6. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zemen will be accountable for the teams failings but not Baldini or Sabatiani. It does not even seem that they are being reviewed and never culpible no matter what happens. Very stupid set up they have.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Roma project is this.....Get A new stadium and then the americans will sell the team....there thats the project right there....You think americans want to be dealing with B.S that most italian fanbases do? does anyone here realise that might be the biggest reason why foriengers stay away from investing in Serie A?....

8. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only other time I've seen anything like that is in the MLS.

Roma would be an awesome MLS team.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    At Roma-Liverpool this summer I mentioned to some Roma fans sitting near me that Zeman is an old-school guy and that he is probably going to have some problems getting some of the veteran guys, who have already made their careers, to buy into his system and his ideas on work ethic. Those fans told me that Totti and De Rossi would make sure everyone fell into line.

It certainly seems like that never happened.

I think that Zeman, and his tactics, are fine. He just needs (young) guys who are willing to work their tails off and really buy into it.

el napulitan and Joseph DiNapoli repped this.
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More like A league...sorry Will...

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just told the Roma boys this.....My Dad keeps telling me Zeman is not the problem its the new footballers who dont want to work after getting their fat pay checks....

Joseph DiNapoli and NickyViola repped this.
  12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Your dad is right.

13. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That entire clip was a comedy of errors.

15. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You have no idea. Houston got into the playoffs by one point over Columbus.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You guys think Zeman should try coming to the MLS? Or do you think he is to old to learn english and start a new life some where new?

17. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He can go to Montreal and tell Nesta and Di Vaio what to do.

Toronto needs talent in all facets as well.

18. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Disagree to a large extent. Zeman has a rigid style and any manager is going to know how he is going to play and can prepere for it. The only time I saw him change this season was at the match against Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia and ironically they won. This is Serie A not Serie B or whatever. All the teams here are well drilled and do the basics extremely well. It is always difficult to win. Any coach has to adapt to the situation not stick stubbernly to one philosiphy which can make you blind to alternitives.

Futhermore Goicoechea is not a good goalkeeper, actually he is a bad goalkeeper so why continually perseist with him? Then there is the De Rossi benching and Pjanic not playing as he should.

Zeman has made too many mistakes and I do not think he tactics are fine. It is not all Zeman's fault but a large portion of it is Zeman's in my opinion. A team of Roma's calibre shold no way be where they are especially with players like De Rossi, Totti, Lamela, Osvaldo, Pjanic Destro etc etc.

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All their players are overrated.

WindedBison and Joseph DiNapoli repped this.
  20. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ROMA HAS HIGHLY COVETED PLAYERS. LOOK AT ALL THE TRANSFER TALK!

... oh wait.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is what i posted over there.

Ya DDR and Steak are going to save Roma :rolleyes: Roma does not have a coaching problem it has a player problem....maybe its because you guys are fans and cant see it but the players you have need A) more Serie A experince or B) just are not as good as you think they are....

so getting a new coach is not going to change anything....

What is another coach going to do? Try teaching the kids in the back how to defend in Serie A? Or teach Steak italian so he can tell his defenders what to do? Change the formation? Which causes a problem because everytime you think of changing a formation you have to think "how is Totti going to play in it".....The whole team has been set up wrong from the start it seems like the guys you got scouting players went "well this kid looks promising" and not "this player right here has the stuff we need to play in Serie A and the formation we need him to play in".....talent alone does not make a team....but how the each talent works off the other talent thats on the field.....That right there might be the one thing ive learned from Mazzarri.

22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Irrelevent unless you actually believe that Roma's squad is worthy of being eighth in the League possibly joint tenth by the end of the week below the likes of Catania who's aim season in season out is to avoid relegation?

23. Back2NY

Back2NY Member

Feb 2, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Is this the new rivalry thread?

24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No. We are just discussing Roma and their parlous situation and what their problems are and how they can rectify them.

25. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I do Zeman tactics won't make Roma, Europa League place finishers... Lazio have a better squad and team cohesion... Better goalie, better defense, better midfield... Only arguable one is strikers

They are comfortably a mid table team with that roster of players and Luis Enrique, Zeman or Montella can coach as well as they like it doesn't mean anything with that squad.