The Other Teams News & Results Thread Vol. XIII [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marin the definition of stagnation in the EPL? Lol, but at least he can try proving his doubters wrong :p

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chelsea won't let Bremen have Lukaku. What a strange transfer.

3. Klask

Klask Member+

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  4. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surprise indeed. Then again, bigger clubs became apprehensive after his reputation. Always thought he could become something better but Schalke is the right place for him now.

5. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Marin? he hasn't performed in 2 seasons why on earth are chelsea interested in him?

Wow. Many more teams signing bundesliga/german bred players. Pretty interesting.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's trendy to have young German/Bundesliga players now. Also, 7m is nothing for Chelsea so its not a big risk. They need wide players and Marin has talent, its a win win.

7. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Marin? He's always someone I thought would impress folks later on he looks simply horrible nowadays, gone are his dribbling skills and cutting passes.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would aquire this more to the fact of Bremen's "atmosphere" than to his "losing" his talent.

I have a good feeling he can be able to regain some of his Gladbach form at Chelsea.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea but he still has the natural talent. I can imagine him doing well like Shawn Wright Phillips did some years ago. Also think he's a smarter player than people give him credit for. Definitely needs to bulk up though. PL could be a big shock to him.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You don't think the BuLi is a physical league as well?

11. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ya I think people really underestiminate the BL in this regard. The BL is the top league with most fouls in average and especially players like Marin are constantly brought down.
    It's not like players as David Silva, Mata, Nasri and so on had any problems with the physical side of the PL and they came from leagues which are less physical than the BL.
    And on top of this did Marin have some great games against english teams like Tottenham.

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its the league with most fouls because its also the league with the most take ons and dribbles more so than it is a physical league. It is more physical than leagues like the Eredivise or La Liga though but a lot less than the PL.

Doesn't mean Marin can't excel there, I just think he really needs to work on it.

13. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    could have seen Marin in Dortmund taking up Grosskreutz' starting spot if Kagawa leaves. Surprised to see him go to Chelsea. and Poldi will be at Arsenal come next year.
    These Brits always hopping on this and that bandwagon. :D

On that note though expect to see major changes from Werder this summer. Seems like a squad reboot could do them well, as they've been stagnating or regressing for some time. But key players like Wiese and Marin will be hard to replace. Their squad is massive, 34 strong, and it looks a bit as if they need to cull some dead weight.
    For instance Borowski's contract will not be extended.

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The manager and the coach must piss off. These bastards ruined the club. They are not Werder, the fans are. :mad:

15. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    I know you guys have been struggling for quite some time now, but you want Schaaf gone? I still think he's one of the best coaches in the BL. It's no coincidence he's been at Werder for so long.

16. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one of the best Bl coaches? Are you kidding me? What about his non-existant defensive coaching? Or his - together with Allofs - absymal track record in signing players in last years? Werder needs fresh blood, but they need it up top first

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With this kind of thinking, Bremen will never be able to take it to the next level.

New ideas, a new outlook, new philosophy and new blood, starting with the FO is what Bremen needs to meet the glory it has had in the past.

18. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This ^^^

19. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I feel your pain. Unbelievable how badly they have run down the club. With everybody leaving, does that mean that Pizarro is going to basically be the one who turns off the lights on this current team? He surely won't be signing a new deal

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nothing like the premiere league. Also, there is so much emphasis on long balls being played forward and surges of players for the counter attack. Very physically demanding league, though in my opinion it falls short of the standar set by la liga in terms of aesthetics.

21. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kagawa will leave, two seasons and two key players leave BvB, it's a matter of time now guys.

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the coach has only so many tricks up his sleeve...soon enough they will be saying the same thing they were laughing at us for.

"Everyone has figured us out"

23. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well they already have a replacement with Reus who plays at pretty much the same level and Dortmud has plenty of money left to spent, kinda curious to see if they will do another big signing.

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we struggled to replace sahin as you can see.

and i'm not sure if reus is a good enough replacement for shinji. He only has better stats with a weaker team around him.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]