The Other Teams News & Results Thread Vol. X

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    4-0... I would say quite well...

Yah I really was just being more sarcastic about Balo killing us..that Italy game will forever be unforgivable on how badly we killed ourselves... Especially our great tactician :(

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe Demichelis split up with his super hot Argentinian chick..sadly...I really liked those Bild photoshoots. :D

Matakos repped this.
  3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HA! yep, that was the problem Chelsea, you guys just needed more player to qualify for Europa next year.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1909808.html

Dhajj repped this.
  4. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess he can use it as a springbroad to a bigger club like Berbatov did.

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would Holtby make such a bone headed move?I guess thats it for his NT career

1.With Spurs there is no guarantee that he would ever play CL football unlike with Schalke
    2. I dont see Spurs as a bigger club to Schalke. Actually I think Schalke is a bigger club
    3. He would have to contend with a lot of top players and regular playing time isnt guaranteed

Spurs is another club that gathers players they dont really need. E.g what does a club need 3-4 keepers of the quality of Huerelho Gomes, Friedel, Lloris and till 3 days ago Cuducini
    Seems like a club without direction The English Wolfsburg

He would have to contend with Dempsey, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bentley, Defoe, Dembele, Siggurdson, Jenas Livermore, Sandro for already limited spaces

A Player like Sigurdson who had a decent half season at Swansea is now relegated to the bench, Dempsey who was the first name on the Fulahm sheet now not guaranteed of a shirt

A move like Arsenal would have made sense much more.

No one in the DFB would consider anything you do with Spurs ahead of Bayern, Schalke, BvB

Matakos repped this.
  7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A move to the Premier League will never be seen as a step down for most players. That's just the way it is. It's a destination league full of "big" clubs and I think Holtby sees it the same way.

8. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol lol lol Holtby!

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Besides, it is fairly well known that Holtby has always dreamed of playing in the Premiership. You can't blame him for making use of his chance to chase a dream. Don't be so pessimistic Bayern_Fan. He has enough quality to fight for a starting spot at Tottenham.

Matakos repped this.
  10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spurs are actually moving in a good direction under AVB. If he's ready physically, a Holtby, Dembele and Sandro trio behind Bale, Defoe/Adebayor and Dempsey, could well get them into a CL place.

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With how poor Arsenal are this season, Spurs have an excellent chance of breaking into the top four.

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed on Spurs. AVB has been good for them and very likely he can play CL next season again.

As opposed to Schalke which just seems to be downward yet again...

odd1234 and Matakos repped this.
  13. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Although I agree that Schalke are bigger than Spurs, I'd also agree with ForeverRed when he said Holtby can use Spurs as a springboard to Man U or a similarly enormous club.

Plus Holtby is just a huge fan of English football (being half English and all).

14. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It depends on the club you move to. Most ppl watch the EPL to see the top 4 nothing more I dont think many people care about what Huth is doing at Stoke City or how Reither is faring at Fulham.
    Spurs has a reputation of just gathering players without a plan in mind on what to do with them.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You'd be surprised. Teams like Everton and Spurs have quite a big fanbase too. Either way, with Liverpool and Arsenal consistently up and down (mostly down) it's understandable how a team like Spurs can be seen as promising.

16. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wolfsburg close to signing Perisic. I wonder who BVB will bring in to replace him.

17. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    while the Spurs may look at the moment quite good from the standings perspective the picture can still rapidly change as not even Arsenal is that far off

Raumdeuter repped this.
  18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While a lot certainly can change, Tottenham's still getting better to, their back line will be much better when they get their regular LB back and can move Vertonghen inside. Add Lloris getting more settled in and Holtby joining the mix and Spurs could very well take 4th this year with a great chance to repeat next season.

19. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    There isn't really a "big 4" in the EPL anymore. The "top" clubs are Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool. These are the potential go-to destinations for ambitious footballers.

And like SirManc said, there are several other famous clubs with huge fanbases such as Everton, Aston Villa, and Newcastle (who just signed French international Mathieu Debuchy).

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fortounis from Kaiserslautern it seems is an option.

Matakos repped this.
  21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't be surprised if Leitner is used in that role, at least until the end of the season.

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe you would say the Big 4 changed, Remove liverpool and add City. Very few ambitious footballers would go to the current Liverpool or the Liverpool that has been for the past 2-3 seasons.

Spurs is a stepping stone to bigger things and their current squad has way too many players that a lot would be redundant and lose form.
    And the thought that Spurs would be top 4 isnt definite, People have been saying that for a few seasons and they still capitulate to their 5-7 position

And the other famous clubs like Newcastle, Everton Villa, i doubt any top country(Spain, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina etc) would pick any player from those club into their NT

23. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Cabaye - France/Newcastle. Arguably not a top team, but at least on par with Argentina.

24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Currently France is in transition and trying everyone possible and Cabaye happens to be one of those.

Newcastle, Villa and Everton would probably never play the CL nor win the league in the forseeable future. Its difficult for players not playing CL not winning titles to feature for top NT

25. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Are you just making things up now? Spurs have finished top 4 THE PAST TWO SEASONS.

They would've been in the Champions League this season if Bayern hadn't lost to Chelsea.

And your "point" about Villa / NUFC / Everton and "top nation team players" isn't really relevant. And if you can't comprehend why a star player wouldn't want to go to Liverpool or Spurs...you don't know much about English football.

odd1234, Matakos and ForeverRed repped this.