The Other Teams News & Results Thread Vol. IX [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what the ******** are you talking about?

2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He means have a 3 man defense makes the team far worse, and therefore isn't a good plan B.

I think Pep isn't so much the tactician as he is an immense cultivator of talent and knows how to get the players to keep winning. Tito is also demonstrating this quite well.

3. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting...thanks

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know how many managers spend more time analyzing and studying the game. I think he is very underrated as a tactician but its no surprise considering people always try to downplay his influence and the team's achievements.

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's fair and true enough.

odd1234 repped this.
  6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's a tendency in EL group stages, they don't sell out much but it tends to change a bit once the KO stages begin. Perhaps a bit predictable but you have some truly crap teams at times in the group stages.

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How did you come up with this metric? Do you have access to some secret club database that lists the number of hours spent by coaching staffs analyzing matches?

Come on man that is just a ridiculous statement.

Equilibrium and Bayern4Life repped this.
  8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course there is no "cheat sheet". But it is a well known fact that Pep is obsessed with the game and went to great lengths, even as a player, to study it and did the same in charge at Barca. If there is one area he is not weak in, it's tactics.

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's a good tactician, but I think its because he's improved this whole notion of tiki-taka football and total football. However, Pep can't dig the team out of a hole the way Mourinho can. I'd like to see him take on a mediocre team and see how he does.
    He's a great coach, his influence is enormous under rijkaard the team looked half assed. I never doubted it. But I have to see him coach a team like milan or liverpool.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious to see him outside of his comfort zone as well but the whole notion that he succeeded JUST because it was Barcelona and because he had the talent remains naive and insulting. Curious if these Milan rumors are true, Pep was always a great admirer of Sacchi's team.

odd1234 repped this.
  11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol @ Arsenal
    they were tied 3-3 , got a pk at the 94 minute and didnt convert it...

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Also,Arsenal were leading 2-0 and it was at home...

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Aston Villa have been magnificent against Man United so far. Paul Lambert is a great coach....... made in Dortmund too.

14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol @ man united

watch them score in the last 1 minute

15. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man Utd came back from behind again. This is becoming ridiculous.

16. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah saw that... good for them, cant wait to play them in the CL and kick their ass

Matakos and bayern15 repped this.
  17. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    United remind me of Bayern in 10/11, great attack terrible defense. Difference is we had one of the best central midfilds in Europe then and theirs is one of the worst. If Fergie doesnt sign anyone in January, I would like to get them in the quarter final and kick their ass. Just to watch cry about typical Germans.

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Yeah, this would be a great chance for Bayern. I can't see them getting eliminated against this United team.

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    United and arsenal would be great for us 1/4...
    They are very doable this year..

Chelsea, I want to them to disappear off the face of the earth for a few years.. I don't want to be reminded of that nightmare and that Russian piece of shit thug...

odd1234 repped this.
  20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well when you put it in such an absolutist fashion, of course not - Rijkaard had a miserable last season with pretty much the same team. Pep certainly knew where his priorities lay, he sold ronaldinho and deco because they were dragging the team down. He brought in Gerard Pique for a minimum fee, turned Yaya Toure into that all important holding midfielder positon etc...

I hope he doesn't go to Milan, that club is a sinking ship. He would do much better elsewhere, Liverpool maybe.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    They have incredible attacking prowess. Hernandez is like the ultimate in the box type of super sub, comes off and wins it for them so many times. Put in rvp, welbeck and rooney and its nuts.

As previously said, Fergie can't settle on a CB to save his life. Evans, Smalling and Vidic have all partnered Rio this season, and like LVG showed in 2010, this is a recipe for disaster.

Take a look at Heynckes for example, last season he established a firm choice for centerbacks, made sure theyre well protected, always, never isolate them - and the results have been numerous clean sheets.

United need a real holding midfielder, Paul Scholes and Carrick are just not going to cut it anymore. I honestly feel Lars Bender is the best possible choice they can make, he won't come cheap - but his versatility, strength and stamina are surpassed by a select few.

22. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope we top the group, get Milan in the second round and end the jinx once and for all. There couldn't be a better time to face them imo.

Matakos repped this.
  23. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    They're in a really bad spell, talk about zero management. They sold seedorf, ibra, inzaghi, silva and nesta at a time when they couldnt afford to buy anyone else and have a squad the size of a small schoolbus.

24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind Milan or Celtic R16 and Arsenal quality team 1/4...

Then the Dortmund, Barca and Real quality teams in 1/2..
    If we top the group and get doable R16, 1/4 we should make semis easily again. Then who knows after that ;)

But topping the group should be priority, then lucky first draws :p

25. Macedonian

Macedonian Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Berlin,Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You should really tone it down with this kind of slurs. There are a lot of Russians that support Bayern. As a matter of fact I watched the Lille game at a russian bar at Charlottenburg and they were all cheering for Bayern.

Not everyone is an oil mafioso