The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. barbados

barbados New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Barbados
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There was a discussion about that article in one of the other threads and Falc made some good points about some of those perceived great moves by Moggi. I'm in agreement with him.

3. barbados

barbados New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Barbados
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    MASPETH, Queens - One that thing that's often overlooked about tradition is the simple fact that in order for it to continue, it has to be preserved by the smart choices of the personnel involved. One individual who understands this is none other than Metropolitan Oval's President Jim Vogt.

In 1995, the Metropolitan Oval (Met Oval) was facing foreclosure over unpaid taxes. By stepping in and reorganizing the club as the Met Oval Foundation, Vogt and his team ultimately prevented Met Oval from becoming just a memory.

In a move to continue their tradition in being one of the premier youth soccer program which is "dedicated to the promotion and development of Youth Soccer in New York," Met Oval and world-renowned Italian soccer club Juventus FC has formed a Player Development Partnership.

At a Press Conference held at Met Oval, present with Vogt was the CEO of Juventus FC, Jean-Claude Blanc, and Juventus Soccer School (JSS) Head, Olivier Jaubert. While the atmosphere was electric and filled with enthusiasm because a form of synergistic soccer was forming between both respected soccer tradition entities, all three parties were realistic about what this means to Juventus and Met Oval.

One thing that was clearly established is that a merger as significant as this isn't going to guarantee that every child enrolled will eventually become a professional player and will have the opportunity to eventually play for Juventus FC.

Two respected traditions partnering up.
    "A lot of our parents today look for instant gratification," Vogt said. "This is not a google program. It's not going to google to get instant results right away. You don't start kindergarten and get your high school diploma."

"We know they will not become players," Blanc said. "They will not become professional. We know they will become men and they have to behave like good human beings [and have] values of respect for the rules, their teammates and other teams. That is going to be the key for success for any of those kids."

By partnering up with JSS, Met Oval joins Greece, Switzerland, Canada (Toronto) and United Arab Emirates (Dubai). Jaubert stated that the Greek partnership began in Athens 18 months ago with 60 children. Since then, enrollment has jumped to 650 children this year with 1,200 projected for next year's class.

Jaubert hopes that the Met Oval's Under-12 team will participate in a 70-team tournament in Turin in May 2012.

"We hope they will enjoy. We hope they will have fun," Jaubert said. "The most important thing in football for the kids is not to win, not to lose. It's just to enjoy, have fun and learn the game."

This partnership runs through the end of June 2015, when current Juventus' deal with Nike expires. Last year, Met Oval signed a 10-year deal with Nike which runs through 2019. It is more than likely that the partnership between Met Oval and Juventus will continue once Juventus reaches an agreement with Nike.

In order for this partnership to be successful for both programs and the children both organizations will be serving, changes will have be made. Now that Met Oval is a Juventus Soccer School, their coaches will be trained by JSS coaches.

"Juventus coaches will come to the Oval to teach coaches their methods at least once a year to have a consistent curriculum," said Vogt. "Thanks to Skype, there also can be live sessions on the internet via video chats."

"Our goal is to have every one of the coaches at the Met Oval to go to Juventus," added Vogt. "The highest coach needs to understand what the youngest coach is doing."

As far as enrollment process, Met Oval is going to be more selective of who they admit into their academy. Vogt stated that they will most likely begin with 75 players because the focus is "quality" not "quantity."

"The dream for me is the one player who some day shows up wearing the black and white in the new stadium in Turin," Vogt said. "That will fulfill my dreams of putting the players at the right level where they've earned it."

In the meantime, current and future players will be able to do something that unique and almost exclusive. And that is represent two well respected soccer traditions.

4. barbados

barbados New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Barbados
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    juventus could inaugurate the new stadium against real madrid

5. barbados

barbados New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Barbados
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    juventus seems as though they will be touring the USA this summer

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:mad:

u ********in kiddin me?? cricket and motorsport?? i didnt even know they liked cricket that much in italy. You build a new stadium and instead of spending money on bringing good players and take the team back to elite, u rather invest in other crap thats less popular.

The way things are going, we'll be like nottingham forrest in some years.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides having the Financial Fair Play rules to worry about, Juve is floating on the Italian stock market. It's not as easy as other teams where the owner can say here's 100 million go do something, there are rules they have to abide by.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yea, but Elkann CAN invest more in Juve, he just doesnt want to

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't just say here's 100 million, have at it. As a stock company there are only certain ways that capital can be raised.

11. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats pitiful. cricket and car racing. what a joke. your not letting down catania, this is a global brand and if you can't responsibly usher it into a new period of success, then maybe its time to consider getting rid of it.
    @dante, it may be HARDER to pump funds in, but its definitely do able. how did juve end up on the stock market anyways? always a successful wealthy club why would we need that

12. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm guessing Gianni Agnelli did this to protect the family fortune.

13. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm pretty sure as shareholder it's actually easy to "loan" money to the corporation.

14. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I have my doubts of FFP. I can't wait see if UEFA has the balls to tell teams like Man City, Barce, RM etc.. to screw off of CL in 2012 when they problably won't have their books in line.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A company can raise capital by doing the following, sell common stock, issue preferred stock, issue bonds, borrowing, using profits. I'm not too sure if there are other facets in Italy, but the six I listed are most common for stock companies. As to whether EXOR wants to or not, that's another discussion. It's clear that they have intentions elsewhere.

16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So they can borrow the money from Exor...

17. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Financial Fair Play doesn't hurt the big clubs that much. It's designed to rein in the smaller clubs from overspending and going into administration. If UEFA were to try to get the big clubs to stop spending, you'd see them bolt and create the European Super League. The only reason the Champions League in its current form exists is because there were plans for the European Super League, and UEFA was afraid to lose those clubs.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I already said... does EXOR want to loan the money? Or even have it to loan?

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    they have the money, but they wont give it up. damn shame

20. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Tuesday 21 June, 2011
    Cobolli Gigli blasts Juve chiefs

Former Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli blasted the current administration. “We reached the Champions League twice.”

The Turin giants won’t be in Europe at all this season after finishing in seventh place, while last year they scraped into the Europa League.

“As a fan I am very disappointed. This was a campaign below anybody’s expectations,” said the man who took charge in Serie B after the Calciopoli scandal of 2006.

“It’s a shame, as after the descent into Serie B we reached the Champions League twice. Something must’ve gone wrong this time.

“Will I go to see Juve in the stadium? No, never again.”

What is up Cobolli's butt anyways

21. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Tuesday 21 June, 2011
    Cobolli Gigli blasts Juve chiefs

Former Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli blasted the current administration. “We reached the Champions League twice.”

The Turin giants won’t be in Europe at all this season after finishing in seventh place, while last year they scraped into the Europa League.

“As a fan I am very disappointed. This was a campaign below anybody’s expectations,” said the man who took charge in Serie B after the Calciopoli scandal of 2006.

“It’s a shame, as after the descent into Serie B we reached the Champions League twice. Something must’ve gone wrong this time.

“Will I go to see Juve in the stadium? No, never again.”

What is up Cobolli's butt anyways

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The team made the CL because of its champions, which Cobolli Gigli failed to replace during his tenure. He foolishly had Secco in charge. He needs to take a look in the mirror for the team's failures. It started with not listening to Deschamps and putting together a 5-year plan.

23. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^He's a smart man this poster known as "Falc."

24. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree but saying what he said it seems like he thinks the opposite. He thinks he did ok but what I recall is that he was labelled an interim president anyways. I don't get why he doesn't want anything to do with Juve. Its just something I don't like past executive/players saying.