The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Agnelli backs Scirea’s widow
    By Football Italia staff

Andrea Agnelli has backed the widow of Juventus legend Gaetano Scirea for complaints against discriminatory chants, and also urged that focus is correct.

Mariella Scirea has spoken this week of her desire to see her late husband’s name taken down from the south stand at Juventus Stadium that bears it, if discriminatory chants from the Juve Ultras it is home to do not stop.

Reports from the Gazzetta dello Sport alleged that there were anti-Semitic chants from a section of the Juve support during the weekend game againstFiorentina and the Bianconeri have been reported to the FIGC by prosecutors on that charge.

Considering this today, the Bianconeri's President has backed Mariella, but also asked for perspective in coverage of the wider issue at hand.

“It was a legitimate reaction - we are against all forms of discrimination," club President Agnelli has told reporters today.

“The name of her husband is tied to the curva where the most passionate fans are and we are proud of this, but it takes a strong and unified message against all forms of discrimination, even if we also must not give too much resonance to certain marginal events.

“Juventus have previously been punished with the closure of curva on the occasions of chants that have been heard by all.

“On Sunday, myself and my colleagues have not heard anything, whilst, even if there is an audio file, I am surprised by the fact that, despite the stadium having advanced technology, we are unable to identify the few people that are responsible.

“We must be careful not to emphasise certain situations, otherwise you are likely to give visibility to 20-30 people, who do not deserve it.

“It is something else if the chants are clear - I and my colleagues, for example, did not hear it. The battle is also in the world of information, which must enhance positive initiatives.

“I went to UNESCO to present the Juve project, I made a joke about Pogba and the next day the joke about Pogba was reported with great fanfare and nothing about the meeting at UNESCO.”

Fiorentina fans are also facing disciplinary proceedings for fans who displayed on Sunday banners in reference to the Heysel tragedy.

“A piece of paper written by a kid. One cannot emphasise things when at the stadium there are 30,000 people, otherwise it can create a spirit of emulation.

“These are guys who do not know what Heysel is or what happened in Brussels.”

4. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both of these things really got me down over the weekend. I HATE the Fiorentina supporters who use -39 as some kind of anti-Juve rallying cry. Disgusting. And not Fiorentina-like at all.

I would argue the same about the Juve problems - that is like no Juve fan I've ever met.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is a few idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

HuntKop repped this.
  6. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a lot of voices. Honest, non-trolling question - is this a typical chant?

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is getting interesting .....

Juve ultras accuse Scirea widow
    By Football Italia staff

A row is breaking out between a group of Juventus ultras, the widow of GaetanoScirea and the FIGC.

The problem started when Mariella Scirea condemned the ‘racist’ anti-Neapolitan chants that have been heard in the section of the stadium that bears the Juvelegend’s name, the Curva Scirea.

She suggested this week that the club remove his name if they are to continue behaving in this manner, but the reaction has not been what she was expecting.

Today the Drughi group of ultras released an open letter attacking MariellaScirea, accusing her of “working against the colours worn by the much-missed Gaetano.”

The 1982 World Cup winner died in a car crash in Poland on September 3 1989, when he was on a scouting mission for Juventus at the age of 36.

The letter insists she “only got into politics because she was the widow of a legend, certainly not because of her talents or credentials,” and that her call to remove the name Scirea from the Curva was “enthusiastically shared by all the enemies” of Juventus.

“Consider the incriminated chants have been sung by everyone for more than 20 years and are also sung loudly by the Curva Nord, only that section is reserved for the Club Doc” of which she is the President of co-ordination.

The most scathing and insulting attack called for the wife of Juve legend Scireato stop using his surname.

“What we all agree on is that it’s wrong to use the name of a Champion beloved by all. Therefore we accept the invitation of the lady and from now on the nameScirea will no longer identify our section of the Stadium.

“However, she should do the same and go back to using her maiden name,Cavanna. Having known Gaetano’s reserved nature, we are certain he wouldn’t have appreciated such a pushy wife who, shielding herself behind a name she inherited, made her way in the worlds of politics and sport proving she knows nothing about either.”

The ultras concluded by urging Scirea to resign as President of the co-ordination committee for the fans in the Juventus Stadium.

Naturally, this reaction has caused shockwaves and FIGC President GiancarloAbete was horrified.

“I think it would be only natural Mrs Scirea would want to hold dear the name and image of her late husband, who honoured Italian football with the jerseys ofJuve and Italy.

“He deserves the utmost respect and the people who have the opportunity to sit in an area of the stadium that is in his honour have the duty to remember that.”

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what a bunch of assholes she didnt like something respect her wishes and let it go.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sorry Drughi, but you are way out of line. What a bunch of ********ing assholes. Their logic is ********ing warped

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ciro Immobile with a hattrick today

11. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It certainly showed the range of his abilities. I would love to have him back.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Elkann: 'I hope Inter lose'
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus patron John Elkann stirred up controversy by declaring: “I hope Inter keep on losing.”

The President of Exor is one of the heirs to the Agnelli family and was at a Q&A when asked by a child why Inter have stopped winning.

“I don’t know why Inter aren’t winning any more. I hope they keep on losing, though,” was Elkann’s reply.”

He was also asked whether Antonio Conte would remain on the Juventusbench next season.

“I am very happy with what we’ve done over the last few years, despite the latest defeat that made us really suffer.

“We hope to end this campaign on a high.”

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm not sure if you have a preseason thread up and going yet, if so Mods, feel free to move. :)

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...st-juventus-20140218-32xh1.html#ixzz2yFJKyBes

OldLady repped this.
  14. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hello guys, I've got a question for you: Do you happen to know how much Juventus spends annually on wages?

16. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #842 St. Michael's Sword, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    We started the season at 115 million. Not sure if bonuses were added in. I'm also not sure if anyone has had a significant upgrade that would change it. There is also some kind of difference in how the Italian league and others report wages. @Dante has mentioned the difference before but I have a really bad memory.

[​IMG]

http://i2.wp.com/farm3.staticflickr.com/2850/9709321750_f300d271e6_o.jpg

Bazi repped this.
  17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why are soccer players paid so low compared to US athletes like nba, nfl, mlb ? is it cuz american sports just pay alot more in general?

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I believe those are net salaries, after taxes.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hola Juventus!

Dante repped this.
  20. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Does anyone else think that there will be a propensity of more bananas thrown on pitches this weekend?

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #849 St. Michael's Sword, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    If what Falc said is true at 43% income tax a salary like Tevez's is actually just under 8 million euros. Then there is the currency exchange which would bump that up more to around 11 million U.S. So it still really isn't that low. I was just looking at the LA Lakers salaries as a comparison and only 2 players on the team make more than that. The Yankees have 9 players who make more than that though. So maybe it is just baseball that is retarded?

24. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Also top players such as Messi/Ronaldo are only getting paid 15-20 million net. Kobe gets around 22 mil euros, Lebron is around their too. The highest paid baseball player I found was Greinke at 28 mil US (like 20 mil euro). So its not super far off. Our income taxes are probably lower though. I don't know international taxes but the net salaries aren't drastically different unless I'm missing something obvious.