The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really don't understand this disdain for Chiellini. The guy has proven he is one of Italy's best defenders and with all the foreigners, there are few and far between to choose from. On top of that, he seems to score a lot of goals from his defensive position. I mean he has scored 21 goals in only 246 games for Juve since 2005 and already has just as many goals as Maldini who played 22 years. Seems like a pretty good weapon to have in my opinion. .

2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Go and watch the game against Verona. He couldn't handle Luca Toni.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #803 falvo, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    Yeah well he should join the club. Luca Toni , in my opinion has always been a force to be reckoned with for years. I've been a huge fan of his since he scored 3 goals for Brescia against Perugia 12 years ago.

If anything , with all this crap about Totti on the national team and if they have to pick an old guy, I think Prandelli should strongly consider Toni. The guy has proven time and again that he is a lethal goal scorer and at 36 years of age, he has 11 goals with no pk's. That says a lot about this player and its too bad he never played at Juventus because I'm sure he would have scored a ton if given the chance.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Luca Toni appeared in 15 games for Juve and sucked in all of them. He was a decent striker, nothing special

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More like the team sucked when Toni was here

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #806 falvo, Feb 9, 2014
    From what I remember they were all mop up duty games and I don't think he was ever a starter nor was there much room for him with all the other forwards in the team.
    Exactly. He has 11 goals with no pk's and 9 assists in the Serie A in only 20 games at Verona this season at 36 years of age. Looking at the stats, on average he has been involved in a goal in every game he has appeared in and those are some spectacular numbers.

http://www.transfermarkt.it/it/luca-toni/profil/spieler_5980.html

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    stats aren't everything. Like i said, decent striker, nothing special. Thats why he never made it in a big team

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #808 falvo, Feb 9, 2014
    Statistics don't lie. Toni has scored 265 goals in 573 total (or an average of a goal every 2) games throughout his career. He scored more than Vieri and has lasted longer and is 4th among all time leading active goalscorers and still produces at an advanced age when most strikers are retired. I wish Italy could boast more "decent strikers" like him.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and yet all he could manage in a big team was riding the bench. You aren't world class if you can't cut it with the big boys. Decent striker, nothing more, nothing less

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #810 falvo, Feb 9, 2014
    I don't think he was ever given much of a chance to play at a big club in Italy. Anyway, I consider scoring 38 goals in 60 (and 58 in 89 total) games at Bayern Munich quite an accomplishment and I think they are are a pretty big team. I'd rather have an Italian goal scorer like Toni playing and scoring in the Serie A as opposed to all the foreigners who have made their way to the peninsula. Either way, to each his own, I consider Toni quite a forward and one of the best Italy has ever produced from 1980 until the present day.

ArtemioD repped this.
  11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Luca Toni is not NT material. We can't expect to win playing with a target man at the WC. That's ok for Verona; not the NT.

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    He was fantastic during his time with Fiorentina and Bayern. He did cut it at least at the German big boys for a bit of time.

falvo repped this.
  13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toni is past it but in his prime he was unstoppable. I mean 40 goals in bayern is no joke. Not even their best strikers of all time scored that much. Lol

14. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Della Valle-Elkann row erupts
    By Football Italia staff

An ugly spat has broken out between Juventus patron John Elkann andFiorentina owner Diego Della Valle.

The two clubs have a notoriously fractious relationship based on their rivalry, but it has now spread to the business world as well.

Della Valle criticised Fiat and Elkann hit back, claiming “Della Valle has other things to worry about, as his company Tod’s is going badly. They are down 20 per cent when matched with their competitors.

“They are dwarfed by Prada, Armani, Lvmh and Kering. It’s a small business that is not going well.”

Della Valle was furious and responded to Elkann, an heir to the Agnelli family whose nickname is Yaki.

“I read that Yaki, returning from a long weekend, made comments on a subject he notoriously knows nothing about: the world of work and businesses that run successfully.

“He talked rubbish. If he should like to visit a business that makes excellent products with well-prepared employees and a solid financial situation that never needed to make redundancies, I invite him to visit the Tod’s Group.

“He could even remain for an apprenticeship, seeing as he has a lot of free time. That way he’d learn what it means to actually work.

“I’ve known Yaki since he was a child and it’s a shame he is unable to understand there’s nothing personal in my position against Fiat and theAgnelli family.

“My criticism is against a family who has had and taken everything it wanted from Italy and the Italians in recent decades. In a dramatic moment for the country, instead of being ready to support Italy, they ran off into the shadows to sort out their own personal affairs.

“Anyone who behaves this way deserves no respect.”

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As if he gets any respect with the way he is acting ....

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Elkann is a snake.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Elkann is a junkie and a party animal

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elkann is simply talking the truth. Fiat has done more for Italy than anything Della Valle has ever, will ever, or can ever do.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is no way for you to speak about the chairman of your favorite closet side, Il Ripostiglioso!

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be Lapo, not John.

It's funny that Della Valle is attacking John, who's actually well known for his work in Fiat.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    t
    true that, my bad, i immediately assumed he was talking about Lapo considering Della Valle said he was a lazy bum :p

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

2014-02-1810th of August 2014: WELCOME JUVENTUS
    It’s kind of a strange feeling….in my opinion there’s no place for the word “against” between “Del Piero” and “Juventus”. My relationship with Juventus supporters has never been broken and I hope it will never happen. For me Juve has always been “One Love” and will remain so forever! So, let’s put it like this… let’s say that on the 10th of August I will “FACE” Juventus, wearing the A-League All Stars jersey. Incredible emotions, and above all, it should be a great feast for football in Australia.

I believe that this match will be a great opportunity to celebrate the improvements of Australian football, the growth of a movement, that, in the last two years has boosted the league’s growing stature and I’m happy to have lived this period here, giving it my all to obtain these results.

It’s important to talk about this match because it will be a tool that will increase the popularity of the game of football even more and legitimise the progress made in the last years.

10th August 2014: mark this date in your diary! Last summer I had a fabulous experience with Sydney FC in Italy, next summer Juventus will be in Sydney….another chapter of black-n-white passion of my life that interlaces with great enthusiasm of Australian adventure. See you in Sydney, I want to say it straight away: Welcome Juventus!

Alessandro

COPYRIGHT © www.alessandrodelpiero.com 2014
    The website content may be reproduced by newspapers, internet websites and agencies only under the obligation to acknowledge the source 'alessandrodelpiero.com' and it is expressly prohibited to relinquish the usage rights to any third parties.

23. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998