News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    excellent start by Guardiola. Hopefully a prelude to the rest of the season

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I feel sorry for Robben that all his efforts were undone by the offensive tactics from Pep. I also think Lahm was the only player worthy to be on the field together with Robben. Robben often does well against Dortmund. I think Bayern would have lost the CL and Pokal without him last season. Bayern were very lucky that Kroos got injured last season for Robben might not have gotten a first team spot otherwise and they would have gone from winning the triple to only winning the Bundesliga.

3. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Bayern will be much more capable of controlling the midfield when Piggy and Javi go into the mix. Gustavo as well, although I don't think he'll be a first choice given his lack of skill.

4. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I still have my suspicions that Pep is going to be an other Rijkaard. Being nothing more than a Cruijf strawman who is utterly worthless without Cruijf's advise to help him. If he fails at this Bayern, who have the best squad in the world it can already be over for his career as coach going out like a Van Marwijk exit.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol

TFC Ajax repped this.
  6. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    ESPN3 has ADO vs PSV on Saturday at 12:45 PM Eastern.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What if Spurs end up not selling Bale and have been able to buy both Willian and Lamela?

Could they win the title?

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doubtful; they do not have enough depth at this point in time compared to Chelsea, ManCity and ManU. they also rely on Bale too much to score critical goals and if he gets injured it really has an impact on the club. If they don't qualify for Europa League that might be a positive as it will reduce the number of matches compared to the other teams. I think Chelsea are favorites because Mourinho is a better manager of the three top teams.

9. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Hope so :thumbsup:

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I also get signals that Bale might be off after all for 94 million Pounds. However, I am not going to believe anything concerning this transfer until I see the club websites announcing the news.

that having said, they also might get Coentrao.

Coentrao, Lamela, Willian and still cash to spend some more.

If depth is the problem, they might solve it with the Bale money.

Midfield is pretty loaded now though. Maybe a world class AM and world class right center back?

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tottenham have spent ~£60 million and earned ~£20 million + Scott Parker’s fee £2-4 million). Then there’s the Modric money, £15-20 million. Depending when teams get their television contract money I’d say Spurs are about break even this transfer window. This new TV money might be adding to Levy’s resolve in keeping Bale having been able to buy all/most of the players AVB wanted without needing to sell Gareth.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, this article is making the same point.

Exciting times to be a Spurs fan. This really then should be the year they kick Arsenal out of the top 4, especially with how their transfer season is going.

13. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arsenal and United are the failures of this season's transfer market.

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't get what Arsenal is doing. Their bargaining position has weakened with fans going nuts and having lost their first EPL game. If they come for a player, clubs know that they are dealing with a pressured negotiator. That means losing more money than needed and Arsenal's policy revolves around being as cheap as possible. Then how is it smart what they are doing?

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agree. I feel bad for RvP having to carry another club and management unwilling to really make life good for him.

16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps it's time they change that policy, since the transfer market can be very inflated these days.

If they signed Higuain and a proper full back (Sagna had an awful season) I'm sure their fans would have more faith in their club than now. This might be the season for Spurs to outclass their rivals and finish at the magical 4th place.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If they keep Bale and add Willian + Lamela to their squad, then I do not see why they can't push higher than 4th. The competition to become champ will be really interesting.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

That's Heathrow airport. Somebody is having a medical.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    See THIS POST by the Swiss Ramble on Arsenal's finances. Part of the issue here is the historical one that Wenger does not want to pay high transfer fees, preferring instead to buy young players on the cheap.

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Also that he cannot keep them when those blossom/mature.

21. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gnabry, Miyaichi, Ox, Campbell, Zelalem, Akpom, Sanogo, Bellerin, Miquel, Arsenal have too many projects and need veteran depth.

Wenger is good in making stars from talents, but he needs to realize that veteran players are needed, otherwise it will be very difficult for them to reach the TOP 4 this season.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Arsene Wenger is not making some key signings before the window closes, then I would appreciate independent thinking Arsenal fans to say sorry for all the hate towards RvP. I also think the view on RvP's public statement deserves to be altered. That has always bothered me. Many Arsenal fans have experienced that as disrespectful, while I think he behaved as one of the few honest players walking around these days. Just saying he did not agree on how Arsenal planned to move forward. But apart from that, it showed a complete lack of awareness where he has been raised and brought up. If they don't want players having an opinion and not saying what they think, why don't they take their shopping to Japan?

Truth is that RVP's statement was full of respect compared to the open letter the Arsenal supporters have published this week and they are not in the position to decide to whether have a career with or without trophy's. RvP only had a few top years left. Being a fan can be done with a beer in your hand until the wooden jacket comes. Something totally different.

23. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll never truly forgive RvP - not for leaving Arsenal, but for joining ManU. That being said, I now understand what he understood years ago: the club lacks ambition. It's plain to see and I'm not sure how anyone could argue it.

24. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Spurs manage to sign Lamela and/or Willian and not sell Bale, they'll definitely be title contenders. They've brought in the striker they need, brought in some serious help in midfield (Paulinho, Capoue, Holtby having a full season, return of Sandro), now they're looking to bring in quality AM/wingers. Last year they finished with a club record number of points with what was essentially a transitional squad with lots of compromise and stopgaps. This year AVB will have his pieces

My only worry with Spurs squad is lack of depth at CB, and the quality of their fullbacks. Apart from the occasional good play, Walker is complete shit. Also, AVB doesn't like BAE, and I hear Rose hasn't been impressive yet. They seem to be after Coentrao as part of the Bale deal, but I'd rather an upgraded RB

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty exciting Super Cup game and nice goal keeping by Cech to keep Bayern out of the net until the 121st minute. Pretty poor penalty by Lukaku to give the game to Bayern.