News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. It does as you can bribe the referee ......or as a Russian citizen/friend of Put in threat to put you on the FSB hit list:D

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    #1 draft pick from Andrew Wenger scored his MLS debut in a 2-1 win against Toronto.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ob_rlj4ug"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ob_rlj4ug[/ame]

Olympic stadium felt a bit empty compared to the home debut. Definitely looking forward to seeing them at Saputo Stadium when it's done. Danny Koevermans scored one late as well.

3. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    what was the away support like? I couldn't really see them on tv

I hope you enjoyed that game more than I did

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Madrid and Valencia proved today that you can have a 0-0 result and a highly entertaining match. Shots caromed off the woodwork, fantastic goal keeping on both sides, open nets missed and tackles flying in all over the field. Have to say this is one the best matches for spectators that I've seen all season long. Madrid is now only four points ahead of Barca and only a month ago the margin was 13.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Awesome match and a good result

6. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Pardew: We'll need Euro recruitments

"The Toon are hoping to attract the same calibre of player this summer, with Netherlands defender Erik Pieters, France right-back Mathieu Debuchy and FC Twente centre-back Douglas all reportedly on their wanted list."

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mathieu is a starter at Valencia and won't be going anywhere. Pieters isn't very good these days and Douglas isn't as good as who they currently have at center half.

8. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spurs without VDV right now look like shit. No creativity. And Walker is the most ever rated fullback in pro football

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spurs are in freefall right now and I suspect will end up in sixth place.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You have to love the English League. Liverpool start a patchwork squad tonight ahead of their Cup Semifinal match on Saturday (no Suarez or Gerrard). First choice keeper Reina is serving a three match suspension for a dumb head butt as they are playing relegation threatened Blackburn. Two goals early by Maxi Rodriguez and they are cruising. Doni fouls Yakubu in the box and is sent off. Yakubu botches the penalty and the new keeper Jones saves it. Blackburn get one back and then in the 2nd half the reserve keeper Jones makes a hash of things and draws a yellow card for interference (could have easily been Red which would have meant two keepers sent off in the same match). Blackburn equalize from the spot and it stays that way until stoppage time. Liverpool get a free kick which is cleared but not away from danger and the ball is sent back in and Andy Carroll finally gets a big money goal for the 3-2 win. Liverpool played 10-11 for an hour in this match.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Redknapp is the biggest joke of a coach I've ever seen. They were one goal down and he subbed vdv for Defoe in the 75th minute. Now they're down 3-1 and they've their most creative players been subbed

Edit: 4-1

13. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And it's not just him subbing VDV, it's his choice to play Cudicini in goal when their last hope of silverware is on the line. At least two of those goals could've been stopped

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well the second was a scam.

Redknapp is clueless.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I only caught the final 40 minutes since I had a Yoga class.:) Cudicini played all the cup matches for Spurs and lots of teams have that policy (Barca play Pinto in all the Copa del Rey matches) so I'm not sure that one is the manager's fault. I saw the replays of the 2nd goal and no way did it every cross the goal line. I'm not sure what should be done about this kind of stuff. I'm not sure that you want to stop the match for five minutes to watch a replay from lots of angles but it seems that they could use some kind of sensor technology or have a goal judge like they do in American ice hockey.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Total collapse of Spurs after VDV is subbed off.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Technology is not the problem. That's actually the easy part. Most goal line incidents go with protest and that is holding the game up to. In that time all broadcasters around the word have replayed the incident 10 times for their viewers.

Goal-Line Technology

The problem is the prostate commission at FIFA where people that barely ever have kicked a ball decide for the rest of the world how they play a game.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Completely agree. This technology is used in tennis and no reason for FIFA not to implement it.

19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    goal line technology could be as simple as adding a few extra cameras around the nets and having an extra official on the side watching the replays. If he sees something he can tell the ref the way the linesman does.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm watching Arsenal.

Of all players in world football, this is the most annoying player for me at the moment.

[​IMG]

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The only one more annoying to me is Arsene Wenger. I get tired of all his sideline antics and constant complaining. I wish he would just go away. I usually support the team that is playing Arsenal and it was good to see Wigan get another top win after they got shafted by the officials against Chelsea. Sometimes the good guys win. BTW, van Persie's behavior at the end of the match was really bad.

23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I honestly don't watch Arsenal much, but it seems a complete joke that that kid can be the captain of the Welsh national team, especially ahead of Gareth Bale.

But since you said most annoying player in WORLD football, I counter with this useless lazy ass piece of crap:
    [​IMG]
    and here's one example of why:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWBqXTE93M"]Maicon Santos Miss...Toronto FC v Chivas USA 1-1 - YouTube[/ame]

Don't worry Orange14, you'll learn to hate him soon enough (if you don't already). Those nice long range goals he sometimes scores come at the cost of him shooting the ball every chance he gets no matter where he is

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is a bit annoying as well, but I see that in the managers ways of channeling tension. I for example prefer to see that, than having to watch:

1. Into an open mouth of a manager chewing gum to control tension (United with Ferguson)
    2. Having to experience the match according the emotional reach of the chairman who is taken into face close up after every damn situation (Inter Milan with Moratti).

Especially the second one is annoying.

I think I have to disagree here:

[​IMG]

They had difficulty before and when the match ended this guy ran all the way to RVP and really tried to make a thing of this. RVP was just wrapping up, handshake here, low five there and stepped over his ego to try and do it 2 times over until he had enough, also he did not understand his intentions initially maybe. Then it became a thing of the Wigan guy trying to make RVP shake his hand on his conditions and RVP was not going to let him walk over him. I don't like this clever behavior of Wigan guy. He can enjoy his victory, but he comes off as a bad winner. You have a lot of those too.

This is a post from somebody on another social media website I agree with: