The Oscar Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by spot, Jul 11, 2012.

1. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure a link is buried somewhere in these Oscar threads, it was not in printed magazine but online if I recall correctly.

2. BigBrasky

BigBrasky Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Here

COMtnGuy, JasonMa and Dom. FC repped this.
  3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    #1153 DavidJames, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

Thanks again and no one will be surprised that, without a source, I'm still skeptical :D

Edit - I didn't believe he hadn't said it, I was hoping the article might hint at how he would know that information.

4. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Everyone that wants a Championship Caliber team playing exciting attractive soccer. Maybe it's just me. Maybe there is a large contingent of fans who's TOP priority is to get a sponsor on the top of the shirt and be sure KSE doesn't lose money on the Rapids.

And yes - I know they sort of go hand in hand - but when I watch for example, the Avs, the Broncos, or the Rockies - I NEVER thing about their profitability.

Dom. FC repped this.
  5. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought you were referencing SG stuff . If so I didn't understand your concept of we. Unless you use the royal we.

6. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1156 COMtnGuy, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Yeah I think KSE has lost all rights to ever blame profitability for anything regarding Rapids, every team in this league has figured it out Jersey sponsor wise.

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I agree and I repped that but I, not dragging in any we(s) here, would put winning first, doing it 'pretty' second. For the current state of MLS winning consistently even if it is ugly will be deemed a success. For instance I want a formation and style of play that fits our current personnel and is most likely to win week in and week out. Playing 'beautiful' can still be a goal but it should fall in somewhere behind scoring more goals than our league opponents. Consistent Western Conference finals, regular MLS Cup appearances, hardly ever losing or even drawing at home, for me all come before 'how attractive was the style of play?' An attacking 4-3-3 at home and a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 bunker-n-counter on the road would be fine if it gets results, all the better if it makes other fan bases whine about us. ;>)

GoRapids repped this.