The Ongoing Yura Transfer Saga

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Aug 21, 2009.

1. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    I know that both Grabavoy and Gonzalez have also been sick lately. I don't know if something is going around among the team or not.

2. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Might not a little cash help sooth the separation anxiety?

It's funny... there's much, much more going on behind the scenes than *the flu*. Only in this country--in this insecure sport--would the media, fans & club all share the same knee-jerk truth suppression instinct. Bizarre. :cool:

3. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    I think this is a mis-characterization. We all want the truth. But innuendo, and rumor doesn't get us any closer to it. The rumor may end up being true, but anyone who accepts it based on the "evidence" that we have, has low standards for evidence IMO.

I can tell you that the right questions have been asked of the organization and the media to try to get to the bottom of this, but Yura has been conspicuously unavailable throughout this whole process. I'm not sure that he'll be willing to discuss this once he is finally available, but he's the only shot to clear this whole mess up.

4. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    His name is Yura 'Bad Ass Mother ********er' Movsisyan. It says so on his wallet.

I, for one, will forever think that Yura is a BAMF for bringing the only shred of glory RSL has ever had.

Was signing a pre-contract in the club's best interest? Probably not.

Did it put the club in a bad position? Definitely.

Will I forget watching him do the Rapids in their own house? Never.

The rest is only business.

Respect.

5. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yu-SgdCEV4"]YouTube - Real Salt Lake - Headed to the Playoffs![/ame]

6. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My favorite part to that will always be seeing Will Johnson making some awesome american football moves past the Rapids keeper and carrying the ball down the sideline :D. That is just classic stuff!

7. USAHammerFan

USAHammerFan Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Sandy, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think my favorite part was all the RSL fans giving the bird to the Crapids fans. I recall pausing the dvr and counting no less than 6 fans flipping them off in HD.

8. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, the ushers denied Yura the chance to walk into the center section of the West side. They turned him and his three friends away and sent them up the chute by section 21 to the concourse.

Must mean something...

I don't think the Usher even know who he was.

9. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yura smells like Chum?

10. realsparta

realsparta Member

Jul 22, 2008
    All over
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also love Yura, I see his potential, he has a huge upside and wish he would stay, but I hate the situation he, his agent and Randers has put RSL in. Will I forgive him? yes, in time, but right now I don't care if he plays or is "sick" and sits at home.

The future of this team is without him. He also still has a contract with RSL. Play him if we need him, if we don't, let him sit.

11. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I've heard of the "9 month flu" before...So this is the (do the math) "4 month...3 day...flu"

What's really going to chap off Rangers is when RSL refuses to let Yura go until the day his contract ends, even though the season will be finished at least a month before. Throw in the likely scenario that they won't let Yura train with RSL either, and Rangers gets an out of shape, out of form player as a reward for trying to manipulate RSL.

12. BButters

BButters New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I heard he has some form of 'avian flu'... as in lame duck.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that still gets me out of the seat... and damn it, it gives me hope of this season.
    Remember last year after we lost at home to chivas, there was no way in hell we were going to make the playoffs:rolleyes:
    love will johnson on the play as well, thats a smart player

14. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't he get hit in the back by a Colorado player off camera after he took the ball? I remember the camera showing him on the sideline laying on the ground holding his back.

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, which was the stupidest thing to do as a crapid player. now RSL has an injured player, the result they need, and you are already into stoppage time.... nicely done
    in the video you see the booking (somehow its only a yellow?) and will lying on the ground.

16. RealShark

RealShark Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Orem
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had always thought that Will got the yellow for taking the ball out of the net and running with it to prevent the quick restart. I'm glad somebody on the crapheads got it. They should have gotten kicked out though.

17. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007

The yellow card was on Will. His comments after the game were something like "I shouldn't have done that. But who cares. We're going to the playoffs!"

18. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Randers FC... winless in 7 (0-6-1... 1 pt) sits at the bottom of the Danish league.

6 goals in 7 games.

By the team Yura gets there, they may well be on their way to the drop.

19. Which brings up an interesting point. Will they get more desperate at the thought of relegation? Will they offer more money to bring Yura over right away? If they get relegated after spring season will Yura come back to the MLS with his tail between his legs? Yura is taking a HUGE chance going to a team on the verge of relegation. His stock may drop dramatically if they are relegated.

20. d1ddy

d1ddy Member

Oct 8, 2008
    upstate
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been a huge fan of Yura. That said, he has made some huge contributions to this club (especially the run up to the playoffs last season) and I'm pretty sure he has always given his best effort on the pitch. It was just frustrating to watch him get himself into really good situations only to shoot the ball straight at the keeper or into the 20th row. At any rate...

Thoughts on the situation:

I think the FO is handling the situation fine considering what Yura/McCabe threw at them. Could they have done a better job? Probably. Right now though, (as mentioned above) not giving in sets the standard for negotiation in the future, and I support that.

Seems to me like Randers was trying to steal a candy bar and got caught when RSL called their bluff and wouldn't except their offer after the photo shoot. I don't know any of the details as far as the money involved goes so I can't really pass judgement on what the best value would be for RSL, but right now it looks like a very foolish move by Yura and his agent, that might come back to bite them.

I hope both sides will be able to work things out, and that Yura and his family will be able to make the move okay. Maybe the team will waive him as soon as the season ends so his family can get situated. I don't know, but I do know I'm really excited to see Espy, Findley, and Campos get the playing time that would otherwise be Yura's.

21. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 2009 RSL In-Season News Thread, Part IV

You mean like lying about an injury just to keep a guy off the travel squad because you are pissed off at him for signing a better offer than you were willing to give him? For improving his chances of a better life for himself and his family?

FM is right on this one and there is no doubt about it.

22. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007

I think the facts are still missing on this one. If I remember right you have a very high standard for facts, right?

Agent says he wasn't hurt, team says he was. Yura has been mum on the entire issue. Yura is scheduled to be at practice today. I can't make it, but I'm sure that the reporters that are there will jump on this issue and get the word straight from the horse's mouth.

My understanding is that this is not the case. He actually accepted less money to go to Randers.

23. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well then today should reveal all.

24. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007

Hopefully - although I half expect Yura to give a "no comment".

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

which would honestly be the best thing for all the parties.
    If he says anything besides that, then the team will lose focus on the real task at hand, making the post season.