The Offseason Thread: What does FCD have to do to bounce back in 2013/Someone please beat Houston[R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Nov 9, 2012.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm with you on that one. I'll be working at the bar so it'll be on the tv but I'll be sick watching it. Two years in a row of this nonsense.

That's the spirit! :rolleyes:

2. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. Just don't see how things could change. I know, gloomy Gus.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think a few months off of MLS will do us all a world of good, myself included.

4. holaspacecadet

holaspacecadet New Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Keller,Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    And we'll miss Kevin. But FCD will replace talent with talent right? Haven't they in the past?

6. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    salary cap game. We have 2 quality keepers in Seitz and Sanchez, I'm comfortable letting them fight it out and we use the cap space for a 2nd quality forward the compliments Perez.

7. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll reserve any analysis until the source of the information is something other than an agent's tweet.

burning247 repped this.
  8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup. I think the front office probably prioritized trying to sign DeGuzman and another forward over Hartman.

And frankly, I'm fine with that. It's all salary cap shenanigans.

9. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Mother ********ing Houston is winning the mother********ing final vs mother********ing Los Angeles. This is proof positive that there is no god. God would not allow anything with the color orange to win anything. EXPLETIVE!!!!!

Danwoods repped this.
  10. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    As I wrote that an hit "submit" the galaxy scored. Thanks god.

11. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    2-1 galaxy... God must really want me to know he exists.

12. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 million dollar payroll vs 12 million dollar payroll. Just like last year, I'm rooting for Houston. Thereby ensuring their loss.

13. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear ya. Maybe fast forward to 2014 would even be better. After today, the HSG guys may focus a lot of energy in Kansas City.

14. dudeman22

dudeman22 Member

May 19, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonzalo Segares would be a welcome addition. He's a stalwart defender, good on the attack, and seems like a real professional. He seldom misses a game for Chicago.

I like Lovel Palmer, too. And maybe Ike Opara.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We have so many holes on this team that many of those guys would be of use to us.

I just don't know how much salary cap space we have to work with. I mean, we're being told that guys like Hartman are salary cap casualties. So there must not be a ton of room....................

17. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    There should be based on the amount of players they have let go though right? We are to assume JDG was free, and the two HG kids were off the cap...but they cleared out around 600k in salaries based off the salary list.

de Guzman
    1,863,996.00$
    1,910,746.00$
    Guarda
    60,000.00$
    75,000.00$
    Hartman
    165,000.00$
    185,000.00$
    Hernandez
    75,000.00$
    75,000.00$
    Jara
    60,000.00$
    60,000.00$
    John
    47,250.00$
    47,250.00$
    MAYBE???
    Lee
    D
    33,756.00$
    33,756.00$
    Leyva
    60,000.00$
    75,833.33$
    Luna
    60,000.00$
    84,791.67$
    Marcelin
    44,000.04$
    44,000.04$
    Rodriguez
    55,008.00$
    64,383.00$
    Sealy
    50,004.00$
    50,004.00$

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    How much of DeGuzman's salary was TFC still paying for?

And did the contracts of some of the youngsters like Luna and Leyva actually count against the cap?

I'm sure we have some space..............................................but probably not as much as we think.

If we're going to re-sign Seitz, presumably it's with a bit of a salary cap increase.

We also need to possibly get Zach Loyd's deal re-upped, right? Isn't his deal done after the upcoming season.

We have two draft picks in the first twenty, so (unless we take GenAds) those two salaries will replace a few of those.

I was just thinking about Gonzalo Segares, which is a guy people have mentioned. His base salary last year was $210k, which is a pretty penny........................

19. dudeman22

dudeman22 Member

May 19, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seitz wasn't re-signed, but his option was picked up.

21. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    (My sincere apologies to Parrot Man for splitting this thread with another. You guys please feel free to delete it if we are better served.)

I don't think that Seitz is starting quality, and I don't think that Sanchez has the experience. I like the two of them battling to become the backup for this team.

I see huge holes at GK, Striker, and another major impact Defensive Mid. I am hoping that the fact that we did not pick up De Guzman shows that Clavijo is looking for an SS kicking spawn of Leonel Alvarez and the good Juan Toja to provide support behind DF.

I anticipate that with the GJ signing, Pertuz will fight it out with Benitez for the left outside back position. However, I concur that Gonzalo Segara would be a good fit for this team if the $$ are right. RSL outcast F. Espindola is a guy who always has shown an ability to light us up. I'd be interested to see what he costs.

I think you can swear by the following building blocks, (assuming good health)
    Zach LLoyd, GH, Hedges, -----, AJ, Fabrek Shastillo, Jackson, DF, and Blas.

I'd like to see some different tactical/system approaches, just to keep things entertaining. I would not be opposed to some sort of blockbuster trade to shake the comfort out of the foundation.

And come on. I know that you guys like to sandbag on lack of opportunity. But can any of our homegrown kids give us some reliable play when their number is called? The organization has put too much into these guys to be getting so little in return. Leyva? Top?

22. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a thread elsewhere on Big Soccer about how Dynablow are the red-headed stepchild of AEG. A post in the thread pointed out that Dyanmo isn't even listed among AEG's sports properties on their Twitter account (while the Hamburg Freezers hockey team is).
    Just for fun, I decided to check Hunt Sports Group's web stuff to see if they mentioned FCD. Nope. Not sure if this confirms our feeling that HSG doesn't care about FCD or that it's just a sign that they don't care much about their web presence. Notice that the Wizards are listed, even though HSG sold them years ago.
    http://www.huntcapital.com/about_affiliates.htm
    "The Lamar Hunt family members operate through Unity Hunt, Inc. ("UHI") a large, diversified private company whose "managed business segments" consist of: ... and Hunt Sports Group (sports/entertainment companies). ... The family is usually identified with its sports-related companies (Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Wizards, and Columbus Crew) due to their public nature, but they are only part of the larger enterprise."

23. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last copyright date on that page is 2006. I think you're right that it's more that they don't care about having a significant public-facing web presence for the holding entities. It's not surprising and doesn't tell us much either way about their level of commitment to FCD.

24. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA