The Official Steve Beitashour Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by markmcf8, Apr 1, 2010.

1. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You don't mean me, do you? I'm about the last person you'd ask for a video posting.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It seems like no one can get or post them....

3. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, I was hoping there'd be something on You Tube (other than the interviews).

4. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a little too much boot ball for my liking. I'm more impressed w/ De la Garza of LAG than this kid (at this stage of his development).

Lets hope he continues to improve as the season progresses.

5. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i agree, but its better than getting caught in possession. he'll settle down as he progresses.

6. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If Beitashour moves into the starting lineup, we'll need to ditch the 'Beta' nickname and give him something more appropriate. Like, maybe, 'Release Candidate'.

7. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Right, because promising young players, particularly the ones with local connections, are typically "released" by the Quakes. :)

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey!

But!

Argh!

And you guys call me negative, depressing, and discouraging to other fans?!

I actually think that JD and Frank are high on Beta, so I expect him to stick, at least long enough for JD and Frank to get the sack they so richly deserve.

I'm really miffed that I didn't get to see this match. Does MLS post replays? Like 48 hours later or some such?

Go Quakes!!
    1-1-0 and better than Chitcago!

- Mark (still negative, depressed, and suffering lowered expectations)

9. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    They are relatively high on Beta, but they were high on Q and high on Salinas as well. I was making a joke (and to be honest, I actually thought of the negative context when I first saw "release candidate"), but there's a sting of reality behind it.

10. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes...I'm with Mark on this one. He appears to be one of Frank's guys. Frank is loyal to them, through thick and thin. This one could be a positive to say, a Corrales or Sanchez negative.

EDIT: Shea and Q never trained with the Quakes before the draft (as far as I know)...Bulbasaur seems different.

11. tmack

tmack Member

Dec 7, 2007
    santa cruz
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, tough comparison....let's see, de la garza went to maryland, a relative soccer power, where he was considered a lock to be a first round pick.....he went on to be a very poised rookie contributor on a team that was talented enough to go to the MLS Cup finals

stevie b went to sdsu, a decent soccer school, where he made enough of an impact that the quakes had to ask that he be included in the draft pool.....from there he has been a pleasant surprise to all quake fans with his play through the preseason and his MLS debut on saturday......i'm not saying the he should replace leitchie in the starting XI right now, only that i don't get nervous when i see him on the field....as for the boot ball, i would hope that it diminishes, although he may have been instructed that when he doubt, he should just hoof it out of there....i like that he went and battled mcbride on fairly equal terms, and the only time i counted him fortunate was when mapp slipped that ball under him late, before it rolled harmlessly over the end line

12. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 person likes this.
  13. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your points but ... I used De LA Gaza as a reference point & as a messuring stick for Beta ... Just like Omar is/has been used as a reference point for Opara.

14. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    It takes a while before you become "one of Frank's guys". I know that Frank and Doyle were high on both Salinas and Q at one time, and I can dig up the quotes to back that up. They were also high on Zaher for a while as well. There are precious few young players for whom Frank is going to show the Corrales kind of loyalty. Donovan may have been one of the only ones. You have to be so good that you'd be an idiot not to be "loyal" to the guy.

15. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Man, I'm disappointed in you all! I thought that on the SAN JOSE Earthquakes board, there'd be at least one of you who would get a software development cycle joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_candidate#Release_candidate

I'll bet the guys over at bigcricket.com would understand my joke. :(

16. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Oh, I got it alright, but it has perhaps an unintended double meaning that makes it even a lot better. :)

17. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there an Official Opara Thread yet?

18. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I think it should be a combined thread: Andrew Weber and the Phantom of the Opara.

19. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    That is brilliant [​IMG]

20. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good. So among new identifier ideas, we have Ike as the Phantom (gotta make some sort of graphic banner for that), but how did Beta turn into Bulbasaur?

21. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe even "Alpha-Sure."

22. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, because beitashour sounds like bulbasaur....and he kinda looks like the little guy.

[​IMG]

No? Maybe it's just me. :)

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    insta fan favorite?? :)

i remember giving this pick so much stick on draft day, im extremely happy to be eating crow right now.

1 person likes this.
  25. New2sjquakes

New2sjquakes New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Go Beta Go!!!!