The Official México vs Ecuador Pre/PBP/Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Aguilas Del America, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with all you guys...Mario Mendez has been Superb at Velez and he would be the perfect guy to fill the void of the 4th defender.

Hows this defense for ya?

Mendez-------------Osorio------------------Marquez-----------------Salcido

To me it would be perfect considering Osorio played last man during the World Cup,Salcido is playing mostly LB at PSV, and Mendez is playing RB at Velez and played RB during the WC

2. OG Junglist

OG Junglist Member+

Jul 21, 2005
    El Jebel, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm liking this... it allows Salcido, to go up and down the flank to raise hell along with Guardado:eek:

3. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Osorio is too short to play cb internationally

4. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree. He isn't a real physical player either. He can fight for balls but he is the type that relies more on his technical skills than his strength. Also his great speed means he can fly down the flank to help out and be back to cover the back quickly.

5. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    I dont necessarily think Mendez should come in and substitute lets say Osorio or any of the players currently playing well for us but he can serve as a compliment for Medina much like Ramon Morales did for Guardado in that game against Paraguay. But sure it would also benefit to have a guy like him in case Medina gets hurt or cant go at full speed the entire 90 mins.

With Guardado now silidifying that position on the left wing we have that covered and dont need to worry about that position anymore but ive seen weaknesses on our right wing and mendez would be the perfect fit to make that wing stronger and give us more of a complete attacking force.

6. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Osorio-------------Galindo------------------Marquez-----------------Salcido

I like this one a lot better. It gives us a lot of size and speed.

Who would you rather have on RB Osorio or Mendez? I would pick Osorio everytime.

7. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    I like this one as well however as i said before i think mendez could play between Osorio and or Medina depending on what formation u use and could be a very good support player both on defense and on the attack. I agree with you GALINDO is a must have in El Tri right now, other than Marquez we really have NO Upsize in the backfield and we need that.

8. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What about Chava Carmona? He is a CB and is better than Galindo IMHO.

9. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico