The Official Korea NT Thread Part 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    agree with this. im not against foreigners on the national team especially one as close to korean as him. but from a football standpoint he isnt that needed at all.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what other positions has he played? can he play them well?

3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We're pulling a Qatar.

I don't understand how people can diss Qatar for having naturalized players (although they have alot) and gush when they get foreign players naturalized.

Doesn't matter if your whole starting XI is naturalized or one dude on your bench is. If you're against Qatar's policies then you should be against this as well. Just saying.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i agree. Havenaar is a completely different situation having been born there. If he had come over earlier and started in the korean youth system, perhaps there would be a better argument but as it stands, I am not impressed.

5. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty much. If Radoncic had gotten an offer from a J-League club or a C-League club or even an offer from Europe we wouldn't even know he existed.

Havenaar is Japanese.

6. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    How is this in any way comparable to Qatar? Radoncic is taking Korean citizenship because he likes his life in Korea and wants to be treated a Korean. Radoncic has settled very nicely and speaks better Korean than most of you combined.

Radoncic was called up several times by Montenegro's national team and refused all of them. If playing for a national team was his goal, then he could have simply taken the easier route as he's obviously had his chances to take a flight to Montenegro. Despite interests from his other home, he's very committed to making himself available for the national team.

All of Qatar's neutralized players were promised a place in the national team before their neutralization process took process. Radoncic is set to take the citizenship test this month and he doesn't know if he will ever get a call in the national team. Also, taking Korean citizenship is a much bigger commitment because it requires you to forfeit any other citizenship.

Radoncic is nothing like any of Qatar's mercenaries. I am only opposed to him being on the national team because he's simply not what we need.

As soon as he passes that citizenship test, refusing to call him up because of the colour of his skin will be considered racism. But knowing his character, he may struggle to cope with being seated on the bench. Also, the senior team, as of right now, has some edgy characters and they may struggle to get along with Radoncic, or vice versa. Leaving him out is more of an interests for a team building perspective, and not due to lack of skills. [If you want to group these issues together and call it racism, then it's fine, but it still won't change the fact that he may become cancerous to the squad and that he will need to be left out.]

7. HandsomeVoice

HandsomeVoice Member

Feb 7, 2010
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i dont see this as a problem at all
    if he holds a korean citizenship why shouldn't he be given a chance?
    because he's not yellow? why does it matter where he spent his childhood
    are we revealing some national secret? letting him run for president?
    its just sports ffs

8. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Regardless,

I don't see him starting ahead of PCY or JDW atm.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was under the impression that he had played for the montenegran nt. It makes it better but still gray area to me.

But its not qatar either. No monies are changing hands or other such oddities.

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this discussion is like Haleys Comet

but I'll take it over LCY getting braces any day.

11. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Always need back ups due to injury or someone being out of form and I'd try him out over Lee Keun Ho.

12. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Going through the trouble of debating whether or not Radoncic is Korean is a waste of time, because he's not better than any of our current strikers.

13. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    A bit off topic, but are we really yellow? Aren't we more peach-tone? If we are yellow, why is the traditional skin color for the Korean crayon set pinkish?

14. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @Jitevra & 12th Warrior: Thanks for the translation/summary :)

15. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I think it runs the gamut from brown, yellow, pink, and white. Some K's are paler than White folks.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We're 복숭아 tone... Which is somewhat pinkish to pale white and a hint of yellow too I guess. :p

17. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not Park Ju-young but Ji Dong-won shouldn't be a problem

18. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Radoncic is a decent player but not great. He won't be a game changer and I don't think he'll make such of a difference. However, we now finally have a true viable 1-top option. Heck, we could even play 2 top.

19. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We're not pulling anything. Radoncic has assimilated very well into Korean culture.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    So apparently, it's Senol Gunes or going back to Hiddink or Advocaat... Or so I heard...

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Dick? Wasn't expecting, well sort of.
    What do you think about Vingada? He won the k league with FC Seoul.

23. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Sources?

People here seemed to like Gunes, so if he's the choice, I'd be very happy. Hiddink's not coming back. He'd have everything to lose and very little to gain.

24. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah but his star isn't shining like it once did. He came to us in 2002 at a time he was struggling professionally. Not saying he's coming back but Im not surprised of the association right now either.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But he was thrown around for the Chelsea job no? I imagine he'll still find a home soon enough.