The Official Korea NT Thread Part 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Roy Orbison the physical therapist is stepping down as well?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yup....by far his worst quality.

stubborn kills

3. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I haven't done this in a while so I'm a bit rusty but here's a rough translation. For all his failures, I have to give him credit for being classy to the end.

Cho's comments:

"Today will be the last time I speak as a person who dearly loved and managed the Korean national team. Since I was given the honor of managing the team in July, I have done nothing but to focus on the task ahead. While I am shocked by the unexpected termination notice from the KFA, more than anything else, I apologize for the confusion that Koreans and fans who love soccer must feel. I also sincerely apologize for the disappointment you must have felt with my tenure. While I am leaving the team now, I will do all I can for the betterment of Korean soccer.

As the custodian of the Korean national team, I dare say that I have tried my best for the advancement of Korean soccer. I had boldly undertaken tasks that until now were thought to be impossible and have strove to internationalize Korean soccer. But I admit, because it was untested territory, there were a great deal of internal conflict and difficulties. But my belief that we cannot expect a better future if we do not take on the challenges because they seem insurmountable has not changed. I believe that the team can grow by overcoming difficulties and conflicts. The team was moving toward that goal and was in the process of reaching that point and my disappointment is even greater that I have to leave at this juncture. Nonetheless, I take responsibility for everything. I will accept all fair and just criticism as constructive criticism and I thank the coaching staff, the players, soccer community officials and the Korean Football Association.

I would also like to offer a word of advice to Technical Director Hwangbo Kwan. The technical committee is incomparably important. It is not just for the selection and the termination of the KNT manager. It is a body that must plan and formulate Korea's soccer development a hundred years into the future. It must remain independent of external interference and withstand political pressure. I question how independently the technical committee acted in my termination. If Korean soccer is manipulated by high-level KFA officials or by external powers, the future of the sport is dim. I hope the technical committee in the future will be operated with greater determination and greater independence.

I thank all the media and fans who have both criticized and supported me. Even as I leave now, I will support the team and hope that it can achieve great results at 2014 Brazil World Cup."

3 people repped this.
  4. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thanks Ji. Genuinely sucks for Cho, but we gotta move forward...

5. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Cho had the best of intentions, but he seemed to abandon his own vision after the Asian Cup.

6. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know...just because he goes down nice doesn't mean he's classy. To any guy with half a brain, thats pretty much the only avenue.

Just reading 12th's translation, its pretty clear to me that he's just deflecting particularly in that 2nd to last paragraph.

Id say a year and 8 months is more than enough time to show some sort of progress. Clearly we've been degrading in terms of quality. I have ZERO regret about this decision. It was the right one.

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  8. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Wow, has it really been a year and 8 months? Isn't it more like a year and 3-4 months? Eh, whatever.

Agree with you. We've regressed in that time with no signs of learning for the future. I think the KFA should've made this move soon after the Lebanon match, but I guess a couple of weeks were lost in the bureaucratic shuffle.

This is also a chance for the next group of core leaders in the KNT to step up. Whoever the manager is, he's going to need help from the players to achieve a desirable result against Kuwait.

9. The One & Only

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Oct 8, 2006
    산 속에
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Finally some news!

I guess this fiasco will give me some interest back to the team since that ass-whooping from Japan, after which I haven't give a sh!t about the team.

I think now the head coaching position is basically a double-edge sword because it looks like a prestigious job, but also comes along with the stress, high expectation and sh!t you have to deal with the media.

I guess KFA pressed the panic button and everything is in disarray.

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you forgot shit you have to deal with the KFA. thats the double edge because they def got the firing right. it'd be a shame if prospective candidates have barred or will bar the NT Post because they fear a Nazi federation.

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Um, everything was already in disarray, both on the field and off.

Hopefully this action, however crude in execution, brings some order back to the house.

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. Eljunio

Eljunio Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Tysons Corner
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. KiChungWon

KiChungWon Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Your Heart <3
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm too lazy to wiki but isn't he a striker? Don't we have enough of those? We need proper wingers. And I suspect we don't need to be reaching for pseudo foreigners to get some

17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    random fact: He's 6'4

18. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He is a winger but he's different from anyone we have. He is tall and physical and can hold the ball quite well. I'm never good at comparing talents but at this point, I think he's a better player than Kim Shin Wook or Ji Dong Won. THe only difference is that they are 20 and he's 30 :)

Oh and he's not really a "pseudo foreigner" if you meant that with a negative connotation. He can speak Korean really well.

19. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    It's not like we're pulling a Qatar. :D

Dzenan Radoncic has been calling Korea home since he was 20. He got married here and is living a stable life in Seongnam. He even turned down a NT call-up from Montenegro FA in 2010 because he had already made his mind to become a Korean citizen. And yes, he's very fluent in Korean. Regardless of whether he will be able to join the Korea NT or not, he will naturalize next year as he has now met the necessary 5-year residency to apply for permanent residency in Korea.

20. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    - not a winger

- not better than Kim Shinwook; okay he is, but Kim SW, as of right now, is improving at a scary rate

- not comparable to Ji Dongwon; why would you call him a winger and then compare him to Ji DW and Kim SW anyways?

- not comparable to Mike Havenaar; Havenaar grew up in Japan, Radoncic came to Korea 7 years ago

- we don't need Radoncic; he might increase the depth chart, but there's no way in hell he starts over that mysterious individual at Arsenal we never see; Radoncic also has a shit for aims and does not make a great substitute option; why would you want a foreigner riding the bench?

21. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Did you guys forgot what happen to the last foreign guy who wanted to play for the KNT? Also do we even need him?

22. KiChungWon

KiChungWon Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Your Heart <3
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What happened to him?

23. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hahahah

but seriously, How does Ulsan play? I don't watch the K-league.

24. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You must be real proud.

Ulsan plays like Real Madrid and Barcelona combined.

25. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    OMG DO THEY? IM SO HAPPY NOW. We're going to win everything and have gay ass fans too. Like Barcelona.