The Official Korea NT Thread Part 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea was so poor against Japan in the AC. The change was the injury to Kagawa which totally disrupted Japan's flow.

This is a pointless argument to have with someone who clearly has not watched the KNT. Nobody in their right mind who knows anything about football would say that this squad is comparable even to the WC10 one despite having largely the same cast.

2. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Majster. Save yourself the trouble. You know nothing about the Korean national team. Don't set yourself up for failure. Your judgement is probably based just on the Poland vs. South Korea friendly. Our team performed mediocre in that match but our defense was shit like every other match CKR has. If it wasn't for Park Ju Young CKR would have been kicked out long ago.

Prior to the World Cup Huh was 22-15-4. We lost 1-0 to Spain in a pre-world cup friendly. Lost to Uruguay and Argentina in the WC. The only criticism Huh received was getting too many draws to teams we should have beat. We lost to one African team but i can't remember. Another loss was the infamous China loss. Not sure what the other were but we might have lost to some European country and maybe japan... Most of them were away friendlies if not all of them.

3. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    From a results perspective, was Jo Gwang-rae really worse than Huh?

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes. CKR played every match like it was do-or-die and he got worse results despite a lot more quality options at every position.

5. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Judging by the media reports, Kim Ho-Gon will most likely become our manager. :(

KFA will appoint a new manager within this month. They're not even thinking of hiring a foreign coach at this time given that there's just too little time left till the Kuwait match.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hopefully whoever the caretaker is doesn't beatbrow our kids in the 2 days leading up. Just play vanilla and we should get the result we need until we find a long term solution.

7. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can someone fill me in on Kim Ho-Gon?

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Yup. No idea who he is. Just appearance alone, he doesn't appear to scream avante garde thinking. Getting ready for some serious ppongchukgu. Slap a military general uniform on him and he could swagger from the crowd right into a Seoul Armistice Parade easily.

God we look like idiots. But hey...at least CKR is gone, so I can't complain for now.

9. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Please not kim ho gon!!!!!!!!!

10. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Rumour of Kim Hogon heading to the national team?

Christmas came early for us Ulsan supporters :) Just the thought of him leaving is pleasing.

11. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005

We've seen this stopgap move once before already -- he was mgr. pro temp. after the Hiddink era and before Coelho came in. He's riding on the playoff crest of Ulsan -- I'm presuming that's the FA's logic (if there is one) of having him come in for Kuwait.

12. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I doubt he would take a temporary placement. Ulsan has a busy year to prepare for and the Kuwait match is smack dab in the middle of their spring training. Even Kim Hogon isn't that selfish, or let's hope he isn't for the sake of Ulsan.

Either he gets a full-time call, or he doesn't get it at all.

13. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    so you're saying that the NT is taking a step or two backwards here.

wonderful.

I mean seriously. I shouldn't even be as shocked as I am right now. I realized we were headed to shitsville when it was announced that GHOTBI was short-listed. That right there told me things were not well. I refuse to use the corny acronym but Im seriously shaking my head at this one.

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Kim Hogon takes full time for Korea.
    Ulsan get a coach that knows how to win.
    Korea has a horrible game against Kuwait but lucky ties.
    KFA realize this isn't working so sack him and get Hiddink.
    Kim can't go back to Ulsan, gg.

In the end everyone wins.
    *p.s. I'm jking around.

15. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Lol there is no stepping back from Cho Kwangrae.

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well if what Ive read about him is true, then Id consider disciplined and more importantly intentional punt and run tactics a step backward.

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he most likely has other tactics besides that. but its quite effective when u have a Kim Shin-wook on your team...

18. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Kim Hogon doesn't play longball. I'm not even sure if he even has a certain type of tactic that he preaches. The football Ulsan is playing right now--which I think is only barely longball--has a big part to do with Kim Shinwook's presence in the squad and the influence that has rubbed off from Kim Jungnam.

He does have a preference on his players. His players need to come in big size, strong physique, and a lot of strength. If you don't got all three, then you get the axe [although there have been a few exceptions]. Creative midfielders and speedy wingers aren't often seen playing under him, and hence why people think he plays longball. But if you look more closely, you can tell he encourages his defenders not to hoop. Difficult to explain in theory, but, sometimes, he makes it work. [Other times, he fails miserably, which is why I would be glad to see him leave.]

19. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Are they looking to bring in a temporary drill sergeant type to just make sure we don't see another listless Lebanon example? I mean, if we just play unimaginative and defensive longball against Kuwait, we should have at least a tie. Maybe that's what the KFA is thinking. Obviously, we can't implement a drastically new system before February.

Is the KNT going to have any opportunities to play together, like a friendly, before the Kuwait match? I think there's one in January, right?

20. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ROFL win

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Cho Kwang Rae and his staff's press conference has been going on for 10 mins now. I just tuned in and heard last things of Park Tae Hwa. He sounded very disappointed and angry because he said they were preparing so much for the Kuwait match.

[​IMG]

Just to note, all of Cho Kwang Rae's staff such as Gama coach, Seo Jung Won, Kim Hyun Tae and Park Tae Hwa are all stepping down as well.

22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What Cho Kwang Rae said...

조광래 감독

안녕하십니까. 저는 오늘 그토록 사랑했던 한국 축구대표팀을 지휘했던 사람으로서 마지막으로 이 자리에 섰습니다. 지난해 7월 영광스러운 자리를 맡은 이후 불철주야 앞만 보고 달려왔습니다. 대한축구협회의 갑작스런 경질 통보를 받고 나니 황망스러운 마음이 듭니다만 무엇보다 축구를 사랑하는 국민과 팬 여러분께 혼란을 드린 점은 사과합니다. 대표팀에 있으면 실망을 드린 점도 솔직하게 사과드립니다. 대표팀을 떠나지만 한국 축구 발전을 위해 할 수 있는 일이 있다면 열심히 노력하겠습니다.

저는 축구 대표팀을 맡으면서 한국 축구의 선진화라는 목표를 위해 노력했다고 감히 자부합니다. 지금까지 할 수 없다 생각해서 포기했던, 한국 축구의 국제화를 위해 필요한 것은 과감히 추진해왔습니다. 물론 가지 않은 길이기에 내부적 갈등과 어려움이 있었음을 시인합니다. 하지만 힘들다고 가지 않는다면 한국 축구의 미래를 기대할 수 없단 신념엔 변함 없습니다. 팀을 어려움과 갈등을 극복하는 과정에서 진정한 성장을 할 수 있습니다. 지금 대표팀은 그런 도중에 있었고 목표로 가는 완성단계에서 중도하차 한 아쉬움은 너무 큽니다. 그래도 모든 불찰은 제 잘못입니다. 그 동안의 정당한 비판은 보약으로 삼겠습니다. 대표팀을 위해 노력한 코칭스태프, 선수, 축구계 인사들, 축구협회에도 감사드립니다.

마지막으로 황보관 기술위원장에게 고언을 하나 합니다. 기술파트는 너무나 중요합니다. 대표팀 감독의 선임과 해임만 관여하는 자리는 아닙니다. 한국축구의 백년대계를 설계하는 곳입니다. 외부의 간섭이나 정치적 압박과는 별개의 자율성을 유지해야 합니다. 이번 경질과 관련해 기술위원회가 얼마나 독자적 판단을 했는지는 의문입니다. 축구협회의 고위층이나 외부 입김에 휘둘리는 존재가 된다면 한국 축구의 미래는 어둡다고 봅니다. 앞으로는 보다 강단있고 독립적으로 기술위원회를 운영하길 바랍니다.

그 동안 저를 질타하고 응원해주신 언론사, 팬 여러분께 감사드립니다. 비록 이 자리를 떠나지만 2014년 브라질월드컵에서 위대한 성과를 올릴 수 있게 성원과 박수를 보내겠습니다.

23. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Christ, this has turned out to be a nightmare.
    Could anyone please translate the Korean for me? Embarrassed to ask but..:(

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Basic summarization - he said he is sorry for the situation right now. He is sorry to all the fans and staff members and such. He worked hard in trying to achieve Korean football to top class. Obviously he had troubles and disappointed alot of fans in trying to achieve his goals which he is sorry for. He said all faults are his, and thankful of his staff and all the football related people and such.
    He said that Hwang Bo Kwan, the technical director(?), that his role is important but is in no position to fire a NT manager or not. He said this happening showed his poor decisions. He said Korea's future is gloomy if something like this keeps happening, and gave advise to not let this happen again or something.
    Lastly he said to all the fans and critics, thank you for all the time during his tenure and wishes Korea good luck in qualification to WC 2014.

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    aww man I feel bad but meh. Lesson learned, don't be too stubborn.