The Official Kneejerk Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by TX Bill, Apr 8, 2013.

1. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By popular demand as evidenced by several recent posts in other threads.

I'll start:

1) Get rid of Moffat

2) Davis is about one match away from becoming trade bait

3) Give me a few minutes and I'll think of something to say about Corey Ashe

redinthemorning and Heft repped this.
  2. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Not sure where you're getting the bit about Davis being trade bait. No one has suggested something like that from what I've seen. Just because someone can see the truth and realizes he hasn't looked particularly good this year doesn't mean they think he sucks and is close to being traded. He's an integral part of our team and one of our best players, no doubt about it.

The Moffat thing people will agree and disagree with...that's what these boards are for and I think if there's any two players deserving of such a discussion it is Moffat and Weaver.

Corey Ashe has been great for us this year. One of our most consistent performers and in my opinion one of the best 5 players for us game-in game-out.

My take on what goes on within these boards is that some posters feel so close to the team and the players (understandably since our guys are very approachable) that they refuse to read anything condemning their play for any particular game. If something gets written, it gets blown out of proportion, things that were never said suddenly become so, and an e-witch hunt starts. Apparently our guys can do no wrong, our coach can do no wrong, and our fans can do no wrong...but that simply isn't true and when something seems off I want others pointing it out, I don't know about you guys.

Or are we all just supposed to be cheerleaders saying "RA! RA! RA!" with nothing critical to add to the conversation?

There are some on these boards who try to be objective. They try to see both sides of things, praising when we play well, and trying to figure out the problem when we don't. Attempting to stifle that sort of talk on a message board is more than a little ridiculous.

Anyway, carry on.

4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    And one more thing. I consider this board to be the center of elite armchair analysts/die-hard followers of U.S./MLS/Houston Dynamo. I am not being facetious. Like many of you, I joined these boards not only because I wanted a place to converse with other fans, but because I knew these boards would attract fans who think deeply about the game and maybe have even played at higher levels. Its my refuge of sorts and I'd venture a guess that is true for others on these boards and probably some lurkers who are too afraid to post but will read these boards to educate themselves. Its the reason I don't just post comments on SBI, ESPN, or MLSSoccer.com. It would be a shame to have the one place where people can be free to think critically about every detail of the game be stifled. Yes, it can get dramatic, but that's what happens when you have a group who are passionate about the sport. I believe in progress, and this board is progress for us fans in the sense that it creates a debate about U.S. Soccer/MLS clubs unrivaled by the incredibly stupid comment sections on various sites.

Criticisms brought up after games, although they may seem like they are in the heat of the moment and have not been thought on for long, are often just brought forth by the catalyst of a poorly played match like the one vs. Portland. Opinions stated, especially by some established posters, shouldn't just be written off as kneejerk reactions, because I'd bet they are not.

Anyway this is the last I'll write on this subject since it isn't going to change minds that don't want changing, but I hope this board can keep growing because I, like many of you, enjoy it here.

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i just think peeps are being to harsh on Weaver. this is the #4 striker on our team who will get heavy (and important) USOC and CCL group stage minutes and minimal MLS minutes. he played because Bruin was dinged, Carr is still out and Cummings is coming back from injury and wouldn't be wise to get to play 90 in rainy, turfy conditions.

everyone on this roster has a role to play on this team. well except Ralston, he can't hold a clipboard for sht. but seriouxly, #4 striker on a MLS squad what did you expect frkn Batigol!

6. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cam Weaver looks like Dave Matthews and they both suck!

I seem to remember someone suggesting that Driver seemed to be invisible after a hard challenge or something along those lines. He played in Scotland. I don't think softness is going to be an issue.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    We'd be better off playing with a single forward or using Ching for 60 minutes.

Or just playing a man short the whole game.

8. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Worst road team in The MLS.

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For him to scare more than the woodwork?

11. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    We should demolish BBVA, it sucks.

redinthemorning and Levy2k6 repped this.
  12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    hey-at least DM can score.

anderson repped this.
  13. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PLAY THE NEW KID!

14. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was joking on all three to be perfectly honest. I do think that we (as BS posters) get a bit on the kneejerk side (myself included) when results don't go as we expect or as against Portland and FC Dallas, we just have really poor matches.

Nothing against any poster or any post but more of a lighthearted attempt at reminding everyone that it's a long season....

...but please, let fly in here if you need to. That's what it's here for.

*rey* repped this.
  16. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juvechelsea!
    Juvechelsea!
    Juvechelsea!

ra azua and *rey* repped this.
  18. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ha! you know his itching to go Ted Kaczynski manifesto-style on our ass after the Portland game.

we may lose Ortiz but get back aeslehcevuj@. coincidence? i think not!!!

TX Bill repped this.
  19. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I get my fill of the Imperative Voice at SBI. I find some of his writing to be very good, but his player assessment is off at times (Dixon, Ashe). Fairly entertaining though.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  20. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Look, I like Moffat and Weaver but they should be on the field in appropriate situations:

1) Weaver only against teams with players with a predominantly short in stature back line (lower tier central america concacaf foes), friendlies, reserve games, and possibly some lower divison foes in US Open cup.

2) Do not put Weaver in the game as a late sub when Cummings, JJ, Driver, or Ching are available.

4) Use Moffat against teams that have pedestrian attacking midfielders or teams that deploy a two man defensive midfield. I agree that he is a better all around choice than Camargo at this time. His lack of pace is his only liability - but that's a big one in my book.

5) If Adam starts the game, do not sub anyone else out of the midfield before him. He should be our first sub out of the midfield. Especially if Camargo, Creavelle, and Driver are available.

For all those who lump me in with the knee jerkers: I have been saying the above for along time, including recent wins.

TX Bill, troutseth and ImaPuppy repped this.
  21. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    smh
    No Dynamos on the SBI Best XI.

22. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sunshine police edict #14 section 2 states;

"at no time shall anyone speak, write or even think a criticism, negative critique, observation that is not positive, nor any other possible ideas that do not promote the team, it's players, the organization or anyone affiliated with the Houston Dynamo or its associates. Failure to comply will lead to stern reprimand from our officers of sunshine and you will receive a deluge of condescending, elitist snark from either/both our officers or our representatives. This lack of respect for your opinion will be pervasive and unrelenting until you cower before our superiority over all things Orange.

The Fraternal Fascist Order of Sunshine Police"

you've been warned my fellow free thinkers. you've been warned...........

DNez2001 repped this.
  23. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I find it funny that when you have an opinion it's because you're a "free thinker" but if somebody disagrees with you it's because they're the "sunshine police" trying to suppress other's opinions. It's also highly ironic that these fascist don't constantly make personal attacks on people that disagree with them like the "free thinkers" do.

24. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Come on! You know the only legitimate opinions are the negative ones.

7seven7 repped this.
  25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HERESY!!!!!​
    We will obviously have to reintroduce the self flagellation ceremony to BBVA-Compass Stadium​

Attached Files:

7seven7 repped this.