The Official 2013 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    my squad would be 4-2-3-1 gk JSR def. ysy, hjh, jhs, kcs, cm: ksy, hds, rm:lcy lm: kbk am: kjc st: pcy or shm. too bad 3 of these players are unavailable.

2. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Wonder how this would work out

[​IMG]

olijolly, skimmilk and Mudang repped this.
  3. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice lineup! Though I'm not sure about playing KJC as a CM... he's much better in the AM position
    Aside from that this is pretty much our strongest starting 11
    I still think we should find a real DM who can win balls for KSY. HKY looks like the best player atm.

4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty much my starting XI except JDW would start in place of SHM.

olijolly and seoulman9 repped this.
  5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does Jung In Hwan suck? I didn't see him play for the NT yet.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We will see how scrubtastic things are. As I recall, there was a huge deal about us sending our top guys to Turkey for Guus and in return we got their B- team.

7. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He surprised me in recent friendlies. He's head and shoulders above KTH / LJS and performed really well on his senior NT debut, but didn't do so well in the most recent ones (Zambia and Australia i think)

Ohhii repped this.
  8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When is this friendly?

10. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Which bsker is this?
    http://southkoreasoccer.blogspot.com/

An odd question some may think. For it wasn't too long ago that Park Chu-Young was the savior for South Korean football. Scoring goals at will, and earning vital points for World Cup qualification. How the times have changed. A disastrous move to Arsenal plus a scandal in Korea same him go from hero to zero in the blink of an eye (well, really it was about six months). Yet Park Chu-Young is not old, he is 27, and supposed to be in the peak of his career. Also consider his competition in the national squad. Lee Dong-Gook? The man is probably the best player at the moment, but he's 33. Ji Dong-Won? Burst onto the scene at the AFC Championships, moved to the Premier League, had a solid Olympics, but has faded from contention. Kim Shin-Wook? Young, raw, a K-League player. Surely against this cast of characters Park Chu-Young would win out. This humble blogger however, is not so sure. Why? Well read on!

11. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Me too I didn't see Iran and Australia. Jung In Hwan has a very good reputation in the K-league so I was hoping he steps up and takes a spot in the NT this year. I'm not a fan of putting two 23 year olds in the CB position, especially not without Hong Myung Bo there. Really want JIH to get comfortable leading the defense for our team with one of the younger guys. Lee Jung Soo is past his time and KTH out on the field just gets me nervous.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2013/02/06

13. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mudang repped this.
  14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yubi?

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. delllogo

delllogo Member

Nov 19, 2007
    i m bak. i cm bk for 2 reson. i) i cnot stnd the dmb idiocy xpresion on mr. choi kang he face, no pasion lke spanih matador lke o true warior mr. myung BO, he no kare about knt, onli car bout gting his stupid hair waxsed back the same way.

and 2) stpid lee dong guk. dong guy cant ply for sh`1 and he gt cled up? along with KAAWK and jugn soo? des guys so old, ballz sagging. why no t replke them w frezh set of bals?

18. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You had me at "stupid hair waxsed back" :ROFLMAO:

komina12345, LDG20, olijolly and 2 others repped this.
  19. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    God I fking missed you man

komina12345 repped this.
  20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I doubt it will happen... & I have no idea how many of you feel about this line-up, but since it is a friendly.. I wish to see this experimental line-up against strong Croatia side.

4-3-3

-------------------JDW--------------------
    PCY----------------------------------SMH
    --------------------------KJC-------------
    ------------KSY----------------------------
    --------------------DM?---------------------
    YSY-------HJH------------KYK------KCS
    --------------------JSR------------------------

Sub: KBK for either PCY/JDW, LCY for either PCY/JDW/SMH

I want to see how PCY does as Left wing-forward. He doesn't have great pace but he typically operates from the left and cuts in. I prefer PCY left foot over JDW. JDW is just too predictable on the left.... PCY & JDW will most likely switch back and forth often. Majority of the damage & offense should be focused on the right with SMH either delivering crosses for JDW/PCY, or he and KJC working in tandem... I think SMH can take on Croatia defenders.... I don't have LCY starting ... based on my reading/research, he isn't 100% yet. Just too much of a gamble to start him since it is only a friendly (along with Championship sides play far too many games in such a short time). He should come in for last 20 mins. or so.....

As for 4-3-3 three man midfield.. I feel it is necessity against a strong Croatia side with Luka Modric. Need to pack the midfield & stop Luka Modric from controlling the middle at will.. even if he is having a horrible yr at Real Madrid... he makes Croatia tick. Plus, our defense will need a lot of help ... won't be easy dealing with Mandzukic, Jelavic, and Raktic.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I doubt there will be any experimentation. Not sure CKH even has imagination for this.

wetcrispy repped this.
  22. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sadly Hong Jong Ho is not recovered enough to play for the NT yet. What's sadder is the fact that I'll probably prefer this formation over what's going to be used come February. Also Kim Young Kwon and Kim Chang Soo are not called up for this one.
    If CKH does by some miracle bench LDG and go with a 1 top formation, the DM would probably be Shin Hyung Min... or maybe Kim Jae Sung since he's apparently defensively sound enough for CKH to be played as a fullback...
    I hope our manager does do something fresh...

23. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Would it be any good to run with two up front (JDW, SHM or PCY, JDW) and someone like SHM or PCY right behind them? It feels like a waste that we have three potentially good strikers and putting them on wings would seem counter-intuitive.

24. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Our defenses have never been good enough to venture with two forwards without protecting our midfield.

25. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    What is your opinion on our youth players at Barca? They will "grow pube on gochu" very soon.

Chorok and Mudang repped this.