The Official 2013 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mudang repped this.
  2. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Mudang and jinseokyang repped this.
  3. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Meh, Shin Hyung Min would be fine next to Ki i think. There's gotta be a reason Pohang fans made such a big fuss about him leaving right?

4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's always played very well for Pohang, but on the international stage he was never very impressive

5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's ok if he just defends and passes the ball around though. Unless your saying "he sucks" in a nice way lol. Probably not playing anyway, I think CKH is putting PCY and LDG top sigh...

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi, new to this forum.
    Anyways, what's with CKH's obsession with LDG?? Lee Jung Soo as well....
    LDG & LJS should have been dropped completely after 2010.

Beckenbauer thinks Son Heung Min can be the next Cha Bum-Keun & yet.. he is listed as midfielder. Ever since CKH took over, the national team has taken few steps backward since 2010 (even compared to the last manager, who I felt was doing a decent job). Absolutely frustrating to see Korea play these days.... the way CKH tactically lines up his players, or utilizes current crop of Korean players is absolutely baffling...

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SHM has rarely played on top. That quote is quite old now.

8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...&mod=read&office_id=413&article_id=0000002052
    http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...&mod=read&office_id=073&article_id=0002215978
    It's about time they realize that LDG - PCY combo doesn't work all that well
    0 top? interesting...

9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I can't believe CKH didn't call up Lee Keun Ho, who's been arguably the most in-form player for the KNT in the last several matches.

10. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently he's not in great shape, but will be available for the qatar match coming up in 2 months

11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  12. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Probably a government thing, why Lee Keun-Ho was not called up, none of the recent inscripted players were called up and none at all.

13. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Spending few weeks in a bootcamp isn't the best way to prepare a footballer for overseas friendly.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mudang repped this.
  15. HiTaegukWarrior

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Word. Having the Asian Footballer of the Year spend time in bootcamp+2nd div k-league isn't the best way for SKorea to advance their football bona fides --period.

16. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pleasantly surprised we could arrange a friendly against a genuinely tough European opponent on European soil. Modric, Mandzukic, Da Silva, Olic, Simunic, etc. Would have been better to face them in Zagreb or Split to experience a bona-fide intimidating Balkan atmosphere but shucks, London is still good enough for me.

Should be a cracker. Hopefully we arrange more friendlies with them in the future.

My prediction (if we start with LJS and KTH): 3-1 Croatia FT.

Modric to feed thorough passes at will through the old man defence.
    KJC to grab a late consolation.

Impressive for a country of only 4.5 million people they could produce that many world-class players.

EDIT: Just realized this is the last friendly the Croats will have before their WCQ with Serbia. For those of you unaware, the Croat/Serb relationship is like a Haniljeon piss drunk on Soju on a Saturday Night.

olijolly, skimmilk and jinseokyang repped this.
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Instead of giving valuable experience to defenders like JHS and HSH, LJS and KTH will probably start as will lee ddong gook. If so I hope they get humiliated

olijolly, skimmilk and jinseokyang repped this.
  18. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Watch LDG score our only goal, forever dooming us.

If the byungshin trio continue playing (LDG-KTH-LJS) ... I have serious doubts if we can even qualify for the WC.

olijolly, LDG20 and jinseokyang repped this.
  19. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This

20. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm just curious if they really believe they can be of genuine use to us in 2014?

There's an old Greek proverb that goes something like:

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never enjoy."

For the love of God, we commend you all for your service but please retire gracefully.

I remember being disappointed at PJS in regards to his early retirement but now I see the wisdom behind the decision. It paved the way for us promoting KBK/KSY/KJC, etc. to the first-team.

olijolly, jinseokyang and fiercejoy repped this.
  21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010

Embarrassing as fuk to have this pathetic ajusshi on the KNT, especially against a side like Croatia.

olijolly repped this.
  22. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    British forums tend to have a disproportionate amount of chavs for some reason.

24. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm really looking forward to seeing a KSY - Modric battle.
    Oh and all of our players, especially YSY, LCY, and JSR, better perform at their best because the English scouts will be watching.