The Official 2013 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's nothing of a news. I don't even know why naver would put it in the main.

oh wait it's naver. what else can you expect...

2. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's going to be nice and quiet

olijolly and Mudang repped this.
  3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can LDG just leave our NT alone already?

olijolly and jinseokyang repped this.
  4. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At this rate, he's going to Brazil. Even some journalists seem to side with him and release articles that demonstrate LDG's interest in redemption. I don't even know why he had to come this far...I thought his NT days would surely be over after the Uruguay miss.

Mudang repped this.
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We still have time for our younger options to come through for us and at least push LDG to the far end of the bench or off altogether.

6. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    23rd man

7. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would seriously throw something in LDG's face if I ever saw him. Ugh.

Why the hell does he get so many second chances. The Asian Cup 2007 scandal, 2010 WC, FFS.... I understand he scores alot in the K-League but honestly at NT level ...

olijolly and jinseokyang repped this.
  8. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Who's that defender that broke Hong Jeongho's foot? Someone should message him to break LDG's leg so he doesn't get called up anymore.

Chingoo, Gjak1117 and Mudang repped this.
  9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Genius!!

10. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Then again, LDG's second chances are, in part, occurring cos of our disappointing youngsters. Let's see...tuna rotting away on the bench at Sunderland, SHM's injuries, KSW's mediocre displays in recent NT matches, etc. SHM's injury days are over though and CKH needs to start him ASAP. PCY was able recover from his Arsenal saga cos of HMB's special attention for him, which paid off big time against Japan. It's time for CKH to show that same trust to SHM. As for tuna....let's just hope that the Augsburg loan magic will work him too.

Chingoo repped this.
  11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    The day CKH calls it quits will probably be the end of LDG. If Cho kwang rae was still manager LDG wouldn't even see the light of day in the NT.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Really sad if it has really come to the point where we're longing for CKR...

Seol Korea and olijolly repped this.
  13. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    tbh in some aspects I liked CKR better. He was obsessed with our overseas players and made nonsense lineups, but CKH makes just as nonsense lineups and loves LDG too much. Granted, CKR loved squidoo too much, but at least he gave lots of chances to JDW and KJC which paid off very nicely.

I actually was impressed by some of CKR's subs in the AC. Subbing on KSW and HJH against Japan were very good decisions..

Unfortunately, neither has any organization .. CKH literally has nothing and CKR wanted to play a passing game, which started pretty brightly but didn't work out too well at the end...

Conclusion: CKR may have been the lesser of two evils

HiTaegukWarrior and olijolly repped this.
  14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :eek: :eek::eek:

Such as messing with YBS (who may have had other issues but whats the point in bringing em on then off) and also SHM.

CKR thought he wanted to play a passing game but had no idea what he was talking about.

olijolly repped this.
  15. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    CKR created a lot of poison in our squad, and that's what really turn me against him.

olijolly and skimmilk repped this.
  16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ok yeah that wasn't so good but still, those two other decisions were genius

Chingoo and olijolly repped this.
  17. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    I never really disliked CKR all that much. I remember in the asian cup, i forget who it was against, but he subbed out KJC for, i think it was YBGR. And I was thinking it was ridiculous considering the form KJC was in. and then boom, YBGR scores. I never really liked the CKH replacement.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok. Lets stop talking about CKR. He was just as bad (if not worse) than CKH, just in completely different fashion. We had threads devoted to his sucktitude and the only person who remotely defended him was sky and that was only based on his reputation of being able to improve young players.

Where is hong chul now? We haven't made him the cornerstone of all KNT matches after making him the designated playmaker for 2-3 matches there? Or how about tiki-taka against minnows who were turtling in the box and already conceding midfield possession? Or running our players ragged either against said minnows in AC or in friendly's before WCQ? The list goes on and on.

jinseokyang and Chingoo repped this.
  19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think part of the problem is also HMB. ;) He raised the bar so high for us now. Honestly, I didn't even expect us to make it out of the group let alone win a medal.

For once I want a manager not afraid to play to our strengths. Not every NT was meant to play tiki taka football.

After the 3-0 humiliation in 2011 in Sapporo CKR needed to go. Pathetic attempt at playing mind games with Pepperoni + creating divisions in the squad ...

Chingoo repped this.
  20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    same happened after 2002. every ten years, man. i'm confident we'll be 2022 WC winners led by a blossoming LSW (23), crafty KSY (32), a resolute HJH (32), an emotional KJC (32), an inconsistent SHM (29), and the sprightly BSD (29) :x3: :x3:

just gotta get through the ups and downs, mostly downs, of the next 9.5 years :cautious:

Mudang repped this.
  21. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    we'd be lucky just to see korea win it once in our lifetime.

Mudang, jinseokyang and Chingoo repped this.
  22. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2018/2022 should be very interesting..
    I demand that HMB manages both WC's!!

HiTaegukWarrior and Mudang repped this.
  23. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    With our brave soldier Kwak Tae Whi off to the oil fields to find the missing Cho Young Hyung. Our CBs will be Kim Young Gwon, Jung In Hwan, and Hong Jung Ho? I'm really clueless about defensive stuff unless it's obvious.

24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    doubt ckh would just offload his captain like that.

Ohhii repped this.
  25. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought he picked KTW just because he's doing well in the K-league ;) I guess your right though, he is the captain...

Chingoo repped this.