The Official 2013 Greatest College Football Conference Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Catracho_Azul, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    hard to do that last season where every team they faced had a prolific offense on their side. They fielded the youngest secondary and front 7 in college. 8 of the 24 kids that started last season were true freshmen... while the ONLY non-frosh players were originally Sherman's kids from when he was in the Big-12, so all of the experienced players on D were not only SEC ready, but also the only kids who actually played a full season in college.

This year will be a massive upgrade with Sumlin recruited kids actually having a year under their belt. Darian Claiborne looked like one hell of a player. Myles Garrett will immediately impact their front on the edge.. along with Justin Manning and Isaiah Golden.

2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SWC era, like the early 80's??

Nothing like living in the past. Want to make a bet on A&M's record after Little Johnny?

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    9-10 wins AGAIN scrub.

4. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you think 9-10 wins is a successful season? Where would that leave you, top 4 in the country?

A&M doesn't have the name of Alabama, LSU or even Florida. Better keep in the top 4 or you will slink back to irrelevance.

Good luck with that.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    A&M had 9 and 10 wins the last two years WITH Johnny Football... df are you talmbout.

Texas A&M is Alpha Male in a state with an extreme hotbed of talent with a national brand and a young black successful head coach.. lmao how won't they be mainstays??

Texas is an after-thought right now.

6. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohio State played A&M in the Sugar back in '98 and I had the opportunity to talk to quite a few A&M fans on Bourbon St. in the days before the game. The collective attitude of your fan base was just being happy to be in a bowl game :eek:

Not exactly Alpha Male attitude, is it.

As for A&M being a "national brand", what channel is the Aggie network? I haven't seen it in my DTV channel line-up.:)

Seriously, it's OK to be happy with 2-3 losses. Enjoy your time in the pseudo-12th man (the real 12th man is in Seattle) and have a few beers on a Saturday afternoon. That's what college football is all about.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm an LSU fan... LSU is a national brand without their own network...

Do you even know what you're talking about???

Aggies own Texas.. everyone in Texas wants to go to Aggies.. They have Johnny Football which has enabled them to be a household name now.. Longhorns haven't been sh1t since 05.. After SWC Texas took over.. during the SWC Aggies took over and Texas were hardly getting by. Now its changed.. Texas can barely get 7-8 wins while Aggies are atleast 9-10 wins per season.

How times have changed.

LSU vs OSU I was at the Sugar Bowl that day... lmao get phucked.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Neither TAMU nor LSU is a national brand of any sort. This ^^ is a silly exchange.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LSU is national... how is it not??? Muhphucker we are elite as phuck.

10. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LSU is a national name. Texas A&M is not. That's not really debatable. Texas has had a few down years like every major program does from time to time, LSU, OSU, even Alabama. To think A&M is now the big dog is pretty laughable. Even Northwestern, Illinois and Wisconsin have been to BCS games, doesn't mean Ohio State is suddenly going to be gone forever.

I was at the LSU/OSU NC game, is that the one you were referring to? It may have been in New Orleans but it wasn't the Sugar Bowl.;)

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea the NC game in the dome where the Sugar Bowl is usually played.. but yes that one where LSU ran wild at home essentially.

Have you seen Texas??? Its being dragged through the mud right now by Aggies in its own state and its not even funny. A couple of years ago Mack Brown would pluck and convince any kid to come to Austin, now he can barely get a kid to visit. Kevin Sumlin has entered a perfect storm.. they have completely taken over in Texas. A&M have the first Freshman heisman winner.. coach is an exciting black guy.. They're the only SEC team in the state.. they're not struggling like Texas.. Charlie Strong is a Florida guy... his base is in Miami!!!, Kevin Sumlin is Texas made at this point having coached at Houston and been at A&M previously as an Asst coordinator and also been in Oklahoma.

man Texas is the next Miami bruh. This sh1t is going to get ugly soon.

12. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the year OSU had to have the perfect storm to qualify for the NC, I think 5 or 6 teams lost on the last day to get them in. And you are right, LSU won pretty convincingly at the end but OSU had a decent first half lead Tress couldn't hold. Cudos.

Considering Mack Brown isn't the coach anymore, I hope he isn't involved in official visits.:ROFLMAO:

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think 5-6 kids decommitted when Strong took over and two of them, one which was one of the best linebackers in the state, ended up committing to A&M lol. I think Strong signed like three kids if that.

Strong is going to have some dark days ahead of him. We'll see if Texas manages to comeback.

14. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't stop laughing...

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ok...

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "Dark days"... Black coach... it really shouldn't be that difficult to get the humor

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LMAO. Wow I'm mad that totally went over my head.

Yo whats your thoughts on Tee Martin?

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #393 Auriaprottu, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    What about him? He was a Steeler for a few seconds back in 1999, but didn't stick. He did, however, bring his developmental team a B(C)S title, something Peyton Manning could not do.

EDIT: I don't get this. He's been at USC for the last couple seasons, but is not head coach material, AFAIK. Why, exactly, are you asking me about him- did he shoot somebody or come out of the closet or get caught robbing a bank?

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You heard about him sh1t talking a high school player going to Tennessee? Jalen Hurd.

He works at USC now don't he.. how has he done as a WR coach?

20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bro... I do not track the activities of schoolchildren and developmental coaches that closely. It just ain't that deep. That's why we have an NFL.

Maybe he had a bad experience at Tennessee, or maybe they didn't want him as a coach once the NFL exposed him as a fraud.

I don't know if he's responsible for Marquis Lee or not. How's he a WR coach when he was a QB at the developmental level? Do they just shift folks around like that in schoolball?

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    NFL season stops.. no drama aside Ray Rice dragging out his weak ass b1tch from an elevator.

Tee Martin aint no QB coach.. no way in phucking hell. According to his wiki he's the current WR coach at USC. I thought you was a USC fan.. u slippin on me.

22. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    That's not at all unusual, Auria, pro or college. A QB should know the route tree and protections both, right-- no reason he can't coach WRs or OL-- or DBs for that matter. Lot more important to be articulate and impressive, and be good at off-field detail.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well to be fair.. Tee Martin was a QB coach at New Mexico before he took over as WR coach at Kentucky, and now at USC.

24. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rednecks act like cfb matters even during the NFL season, thanks to ESPN. I know this because I live in a state full of 'em, as do you.

Just because he wasn't ready for real football doesn't mean he can't coach kid QBs. I think you're selling him short in that regard.*

I am.

I'm also grown and I'm reasonably well-educated- despite my living in the South, I was reared well enough to understand that there are bigger fish to fry. Those big fish are fried on Sunday and eaten by the Steeler fans.

[/quote]

*Uh, never mind. I can't see the vid because I'm at work, but my phone shows it as a quote from Martin about Hurd being "soft and terrible". Not smart to say that in public.

I get that, and you're right.

I've heard Martin speak once, years after his Tebowish/Wuerffelesque/Barkerlike exit from real football. I think it was during that special about the Brady Six- the six QBs who got drafted before Tom "I benefited from video" Brady. For a former SEC athlete, Martin was pretty articulate in that film.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    "Rednecks" I live in NEW ORLEANS lol Saints matter here during the NFL season.. since we actually make the play-offs. lol

lol I think Tee Martin is better equipped as a WR coach in the long haul.. he personally developed this guy, I think you've heard of him. Randall Cobb of the Packers. Will have a better career as a coach than SEC bred winner.

I don't blame you for no longer watching USC games the past three seasons.. one word to describe them.. trash. Steelers on the other hand lol.. So close to the play-offs.. if only Succop could have another go against Chargers to win the game.

Jalen Hurd soft and terrible lol... would've been a fan favorite in Los Angeles.